--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Time Gate: Knight's Chase () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Reject

Reason: The mouse cursor was included in the recording by mistake, which breaks the SDA-rule of providing a clean recording without any audio or video overlay. :-/

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/verificationfiles/2282/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Time Gate: Knight's Chase () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/timeGateknightschase-20200721/20-39_TIME_GATE.mkv

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2020-08-06 09:16:48 am
LotBlind: 2020-08-06 08:56:41 am
LotBlind: 2020-08-06 08:51:55 am
Video: Is there no other encode? There is a mouse cursor on top of the game window for the whole run! DX You needed to disable showing it for that window in OBS.

Also 3:57 - Video corruption.

I mean, play quality -wise this doesn't look bad now. I wonder why you're so far ahead of your previous PB? Was it not storing the checkpoint times correctly or was that actually your first full run with all the new skips? I think this would have been possible to accept otherwise.
Edit history:
arnaud33200: 2020-08-10 07:13:41 am
Quote:
Is there no other encode?

Maybe, I'm using the default encode when you install OBS, it works fine on my side

Quote:
There is a mouse cursor on top of the game window for the whole run!

Yeah I realized after I've done the run Sad ... is it a problem though?

Quote:
Also 3:57 - Video corruption.

I've downloaded the videos, I don't have any video corruption at 3:57

Quote:
I wonder why you're so far ahead of your previous PB?

previous run was played on the french version with 75K cycles, so this run is a bit faster using 80k as we decided.
Also there are several improvements for almost each segments

Do I need to reupload the video? should I convert it to MP4 or something?
The mouse cursor is a problem, yes. We can't allow anything on top of the game window because it wouldn't be possible to decide what's okay and what isn't. Good quality, including clean video and audio, is what SDA lives and dies by.

3:57 - It happened twice exactly the same way on VLC but I'm not seeing it either in the Windows movie player now. I should remember to check in multiple players! I wonder what causes that kind of glitching.

Splits: What I meant was it seems like it's comparing it with your old run, not your actual previous PB like it usually does. I mean you must have put in lots of tries to get this one?

So yeah, very sad about the cursor. There's still no particular rush though. Just take a break and we're always ready for a new submission.
Quote:
I mean you must have put in lots of tries to get this one?

it's comparing with the previous PB from June 6 when I got 22:43. I didn't save the splits time for the other attempts, so I can easily compare with my previous run posted. But I might just save the time for every tries now, it would make more sense.

Quote:
So yeah, very sad about the cursor

I understand, too bad :(. I will see when I have some time to spend on the game, maybe end of this month or in september.

I want to make sure, MKV encoding is ok right?
.mkv recordings are fine assuming the video quality is acceptable. However, you should not encode a completed recording to mkv. All runs published on the site are mp4-encodes. I don't think there has been any issue with your recordings (other than the mouse cursor), but if you'd like to get feedback on your recording setup or if you're trying out a new setup, you're always welcome to post a quality test, https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/how_to_post_a_video_quality_test..html.
Splits: That's exactly what I thought. I personally don't usually find the splits of much interest so it's for you more so than anyone. I think the people who watch it through SDA mostly also don't really care.

Encoding: What he said. ^^
Decision posted.
ktwo: thanks for answering! I will take a look

LotBlind: yeah true, it will useful for me to see how close I am to the sum of best