Sad
<- 123 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Howdy!
This is one of the two hotels that are being looked at for SGDQ 2015, on July 26th. Would having two speedrunning events in the same season affect how they handle SGDQ, I wonder?
Dapper as fuck.
Quote from TonyOgbot:
Sick dude!  I'll give you some time if you like, since we're probably looking at being under the amount of hours needed for our original plans after the SGDQ announcement.

Submitted 2 games.  Smiley
Dapper as fuck.
Oh, and since May 8 is a Friday, I should say that either both my runs should be Saturday, or if you have to put one or both Friday, that they be in the evening after I get off of work.  Thanks Smiley
Roads? We don't need roads...
I hope i met the deadline for submitting. I live in the area and am very excited to meet some fellow speedrunners!
Made my submissions the other day as well. Really looking forward to this (b'w')b
Hi Guys!

Organizer of 2D Con here! First off, Thank you TonyOgborn for organizing MWSF!!

We understand that there is some concern about SGDQ and 2D Con/MWSF being in the same season, and possibly in the same hotel.

If there is one thing I have learned from attending conventions and events, it is that you can never have too much to do! The Midwest fandom community is very active and as long as the events are not back to back, there should be no negative effects of the similarity between them. 

We are running things slightly different from SGDQ as we do not want to hurt their attendance (Though they are much bigger than we are so we are not worried!), we salute everything that they do and are currently trying to get in contact with the organizers about helping them out with the transition to Minneapolis.

If you have any questions for me, please shoot me an email - jopsahl@thisisgeek.net

Thank you!
Hello organizers of Midwest Speedfest.  I'm from Minnesota, and I live in the Maplewood St. Paul area and would likely be willing to volunteer my help for the event.  I also have made a late submission.  I hope that you will accept it looks like you need some more runners.  Looking forward to seeing this event unfold! Quite exciting, this and SGDQ.  Cheers
Schedule is up, boys!

http://bombch.us/yxr

Let me know if you have any issues with your scheduled times.  Also, if we want to start talking about rooming for this event, now would be a good time to do so.
Edit history:
philosoraptor42: 2015-02-18 09:25:39 pm
philosoraptor42: 2015-02-18 09:25:39 pm
Dapper as fuck.
My times look good.  Also, Too Cool to Fool?  You guys are masochists!

Also I said 15 mins for 100% RR?  That doesn't seem like me hahaha.  I usually estimate 20 minutes for safety as I tend to run around the 14 minute mark but RNG can hose me.  15 minutes is usually what I estimate for Any%.  If you don't mind that I could possibly overrun that 15 minutes if I get bad RNG I'm good with you keeping it.  I'll try not to though Smiley
Quote from philosoraptor42:

Also I said 15 mins for 100% RR?  That doesn't seem like me hahaha.  I usually estimate 20 minutes for safety as I tend to run around the 14 minute mark but RNG can hose me.  15 minutes is usually what I estimate for Any%.  If you don't mind that I could possibly overrun that 15 minutes if I get bad RNG I'm good with you keeping it.  I'll try not to though Smiley

I'll tune the schedule a bit with that in mind.  There's an hour of buffer time in the schedule as well as unlisted time at the end of the day to give us as much leeway as possible with keeping everything running 10 AM - 10 PM, so 5 minutes is no big deal.
Looks good to me (b'w')b
So it just so happens that I'll be performing in a concert on friday, so I can't make it for that timeslot. If my run could be moved to any point on saturday that would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I wont be able to make it. Sad Sorry for the trouble, had I realized this before I would have specified it in my submission. I'm still planning on being there all day Saturday either way, so if you need any help with cleanup / other things just let me know!
150 CC Grand Prix No Shortcuts and No Major Glitches are real standouts to me.
0-10
Bummer, neither of my games made the schedule. Sad This day just gets better and better. :p
My runs didnt make it either......:'(
P.S. Earthbound
The SGDQ announcement (St Paul) brought me here for the first time, and then I found this thread =)  Most fortuitous.  I'm up in St Louis Park, so you can bet that I'll attend to cheer people on, etc.!  I hope your event goes wonderfully.
Edit history:
Seckswrecks: 2015-02-28 10:49:43 pm
Just Horsing Around
Lenophis and TheDrifter18, when we were putting the schedule together you guys were both listed as unknown in response to Tony asking if you were still planning to attend after the SGDQ move announcement.

I can't do anything with Lenophis' submissions but if you guys can find some way to fill the 40 minutes I have for Super Time Force I'd be willing to give that slot to someone else.  Give me more time to focus on keeping things smooth.

Quote from philosoraptor42:

once you learn the full halfie in level 3 it's really not that bad.
genesis version can go die in a fire.
Edit history:
Lenophis: 2015-02-28 11:28:41 pm
0-10
Quote:
Lenophis and TheDrifter18, when we were putting the schedule together you guys were both listed as unknown in response to Tony asking if you were still planning to attend after the SGDQ move announcement.

I thought that only applied to the out-of-state runners, which wouldn't apply to me. Hence I didn't respond. Maybe I read wrong, I have been very tired as of late. Argle. :p SGDQ being in the Twin Cities wouldn't bother me at all for my attendance to this event.
I could fill your spot wrecks. I live only about 30 mins from Minneapolis so i will be attending regardless. Would be cool to be able to do some runs for you guys.
Updated the schedule: http://bombch.us/yxr

Things that were changed:
- Lenophis' MMX6 Any% All Stages run will replace my Shantae and the Pirate's Curse run
- TheDrifter18's MMX 100% run will replace Seckswrecks' Super Time Force Ultra run
- PC Block on Saturday got moved to the end of the night on Friday
- Skelekat's Tak run got moved to Saturday
- SCXCR and The Tycon are now running one game each day, instead of two games on one day.

Seckswrecks and I are much more interested in running the event smoothly than actually running a game, so we're more than happy to give up our runs to those that are interested in running a game that want to come to the event.

If you have any issues with the current schedule, please let either Seckswrecks, Hexade or myself know as soon as you possibly can.  Twitter is probably one of the best avenues to do so, but please do everything in your ability to communicate with us, because if we don't hear from you, we need to assume, and assuming only leads to less than desirable situations.
mwsf!
Whoop woop
0-10
Unfortunately, I think I have to pull out of this. I haven't been able to get any amount of time off to practice, and I don't want to cut this too close, so I figure I'll just play it safe and say to just remove me from the schedule. I'll still try and get there for the event, but getting the time off for it isn't guaranteed right now. I requested it off in December, just fyi.
Everyone expect a twitch PM as well as contact from me sometime this week.  I want to verify that you're all still able/willing to make it out for the event.  If you guys want to talk about room splitting and such for those that are travelling, I'll be providing info in my private messages to you all as well as some other news regarding the convention.

Hope everyone is excited!  I certainly am, and it'll be really nice to get together with you all.
Twitch PMs have been sent.  Please let me know if you have any questions, and PLEASE let me know if you can still come. 
I never got the twitch PM so if you want to try to send it to me again or get me the info here or something, that'd probably work. I'm still in there for it though I'm not sure how long I can stay around.