--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

The Marionette (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Andrew 'Bigmanjapan' Bondarenko!
Thread title:  
Run Information

The Marionette (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/themarionette/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Dec. 29, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
2:30
Is there any RNG in how the marionette behaves here? If so, is this the fastest pattern? Maybe you're manipulating it.
Yes, it's RNG but you can manipulate it to a certain degree.

The monster marionette is defeated after it takes 2 hits from traps. After you put first two traps there is RNG on which side the moster will go. It takes one step to the left or right. At this point if you put a trap on the moster's side, it will move to the other side and proceed to move forward. But there is only 1 left trap left at this point, so you lose. If you put a trap on the opposite side — moster will proceed forward on its side, again you lose because not enough traps left. So you wait for the moster to make another step. After two steps are made it won't change sides anymore. AFAIR the monster will always change direction if you don't put 3rd/4th traps (hence there is no mouse pointer movement until 2nd step).
Only the smallest mistakes, well rehearsed.

Accept
Would like to get one more response on this before AGDQ, if anyone has time.
Wake up and be awesome
I can verify
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
A/V is okay, and I don't know anything about the game, but there doesn't appear to be any cheating here.

For a point and click game, the pointing and clicking seems to be generally as fast as it can be. Considering the run notes state that there are multiple endings, this should probably be subdivided on its page into a category for whatever this ending is. I'll take the runners word for it that the part with the marionette is RNG and that is how it works, as its the only slow part of the run. I kinda want to think that you could get better RNG than what the runner got or that there has to be a faster way there, but I don't know anything about the game, so I can't make a conclusion based on that. From the general point and click speed though, I'll give this an accept.
Wake up and be awesome
What a nice and short point and click game. Well executed, not much else to say. Accept
Edit history:
Judgy: 2014-12-31 03:26:15 am
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
not much to say here really Jack summed things up nicely so I wont drag this out.

A/V : Good
Cheating : None

ACCEPT

(Now do Discworld 1 and 2 Tongue or "Faust: Seven games of the soul" )
No, do Legend of Kyrandia 1 or 3 or both. Ask BigManJapan about it and just segment to manipulate the RNG.

(Let's turn verification threads into verification/run request threads Cheesy can't stop me!)
I'm not sure what just happened, but I'm pretty sure there were a lot of fasts.

Accept
Decision posted.