Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Hey all!

I am sorry to post something that probably many people have complained about, but I am at a loss.  I work in tech support and should be able to figure this out but it isn't my area of expertise. I CANNOT get my stream to work well on my macbook pro anymore.

For 10 months I streamed with the whole Cam Twist/FMLE combo.  FMLE stopped working properly once Twitch stopped supporting it.  I moved to Cocoasplit but it didn't seem to work on Mavericks.  I bought a new Elgato HD and upgraded to 16 GB of ram (decent money spent to not help lol), and even downloaded Bootcamp with Windows 7 to run OBS.  Unfortunately, the internet cuts out ever 5 minutes on the Windows side because of some drive/router disagreement.

Obviously, more detail is needed, but can anyone possibly help me figure this out?  It is driving me crazy and I miss streaming!  Streaming through the Elgato with no cam/splits/overlay just is not satisfying to me!

Thanks in advance!

- Johncarls
Intruding N313 and F014
The main question I have is the specs of your computer.  If your computer is old enough (older OS or if it is 32 bit -- both apply to my computer) it will not run CocoaSplit.  If that is the case then you may want to try Quicktime Broadcaster, which is what I use.
So... I was wondering if anyone had experienced this. I upgraded to Mavericks yesterday, tried opening up Llanfair and it kept crashing. I upgraded my java to the latest version and it told me I couldn't open for security reasons. So I went into the Java control panel and fixed that. Now, I tried opening Llanfair again and it just crashes, icon appears then just crashed.

Anyone experienced this or have suggestions?

Thanks!
torch slug since 2006
apple menu > system preferences > security and integrity > assistive devices
make sure java or llanfair or something is checked in there.

i have my osx in swedish so they might be named differently. i refuse to install java just to check this, so hopefully you can solve it Smiley
i remember that was my problem when i used llanfair back in the days anyway.
OMG that did it! YOU'RE THE BEST Smiley thank you!!!!
torch slug since 2006
https://github.com/jp9000/obs-studio/releases/tag/0.4.0

"major" release of obs for mac
Progress is coming along well, but the big feature (window capture) isn't there just yet.  Once they add that it may become a viable alternative.  I'm hoping they optimize the CPU usage really well.
Yeah I tried streaming with the other day and it worked really good on my very new MacBook Air.
But yea, window capture is essentially all that is missing, atleast for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Hi everyone, I am new to a lot of this so sorry for any silly questions in advance! I am trying to stream Mario Kart 64 to Twitch, along with a live webcam feed from my MacBook's iSight. I have a Dazzle DVC100 and have got that working through VideoGlide, then streaming to Twitch with Kumari - the quality of the stream from the N64 seems good by itself. However, as soon as I add in the webcam feed, the video starts to lag behind the audio, often by several seconds.

Although it will display two separate inputs, I also can't get VideoGlide to stream both audio feeds. I'm using Soundflower as stated in the Kumari setup guide but it doesn't seem to let me have both the in-built microphone and the Dazzle audio input on the stream - it only broadcasts the audio of the window selected in VG. The only way I have been able to do this so far is to open QuickTime Broadcaster and use that for my iSight feed, and VideoGlide for the N64, but this still causes the video to lag behind the audio.

In short - does anyone know what might be causing that lag when I try to stream both, and is it something I can fix? Thanks for any help you can give.
HELLO!
You might be overloading the USB bus the Dazzle and the iSight are on.  Try shifting the dazzle to a different port. If you have a Thunderbolt monitor, try plugging it in to a USB port there.
Great, thanks, will try swapping the port - didn't think about the iSight using the USB bus.
HELLO!
I only think of it because I've seen a similar issue with a USB webcam.  If I had it plugged into my iMac... having it and the iSight on at the same time would cause issues.

If you look at About This Mac -> More Info -> System Report -> USB, you can see what's on what USB bus.
I made sure the Dazzle was using the other USB bus and although it seemed to take the load off the CPU (at least the fan wasn't going constantly), the lag didn't go away. I tried starting the webcam during the stream too and I just got a strange effect where the video kept dropping and then speeding up to catch up with the stream. I just streamed the VideoGlide window and Llanfair for an hour and everything was fine, so it's definitely adding the iSight to the stream that it's struggling with. Does this mean I'm probably just asking it to do too much? I had the slider all the way to the left for some of the testing so it's not a case of me trying to stream in too high quality.
HELLO!
Try dropping the resolution of the camera.
I'm afraid I don't have the answer either, but regardless you should try using Audio Hijack Pro + Soundflower for anything sound-related.  It's $32 but there's a free version and the only limitation is that it starts inducing static after 10 minutes (but this can be reset simply by stopping the hijack and then starting it again).

I never have audio issues when using AHP and it's extremely powerful.  I consider it essential software if you're doing anything streaming or audio-related on OS X.
torch slug since 2006
I don't know if this has been recommended in this thread, but I highly prefer WavTap over Soundflower.
It states that it records to .wav files, but it does actually create a "audio input" like Soundflower does.
Edit history:
DJS: 2014-07-24 12:37:46 pm
torch slug since 2006
Both Norichan and Yua is compatible with OSX Yosemite beta. Splits (the timer) also works.

Norichan did this weird thing though when setting capture file, where the dialog box appeared under the main Norichan window.
Yua also went crazy when drag n dropping a file onto it. File > Open worked though

Thanks for testing.  Do you happen to know if Norichan still produces buggy recordings?  I forget when it started but after one of the updates (probably Mavericks) the audio would be desynced when encoding, and I would have to input a command like this before using Yua:

./ffmpeg -i OriginalVideo.avi -vcodec huffyuv -pix_fmt yuv422p -acodec pcm_s16le ConvertedVideo.avi

I'm guessing it'll still be necessary.
torch slug since 2006
I think its fine? I actually attached the encoded video in the post (I know its kinda hidden) so you can see for yourself.

Also if there is any other programs you want me to test, let me know.
Edit history:
HDL: 2014-07-25 10:19:06 am
I remember the issue now.  Basically if you trim the video and then encode it will come out wrong.  Watch Norichan's raw avi (in something other than QuickTime) and the audio/video length will be bugged.  Trying to trim and then encode that (with anything, not just Yua) always gives skewed results.  The above command will fix the avi, and Nate is the one who suggested I use it.
For those who may be interested, the CocoaSplit dev is experimenting with multiple sources and overlays. If he decides to pursue this further it might actually become a fully integrated solution like OBS aims to be.

He's posting the releases here: http://cocoasplit.tumblr.com
Hey. I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to capture interlaced with the elgato video capture? I'm trying to get sda quality here so I can submit a run. I can currently record with a dvd recorder but would prefer to do it digitally.  I'm running snow leopard still but hopefully will get a new mac in the next 6 months or so. Anyway thanks.

This is the card I have.  https://www.elgato.com/en/video/video-capture-0
Intruding N313 and F014
On the same vein of question, what about streaming from 10.6?  Twitch removed support for the method that Quicktime Broadcaster uses, so I can no longer stream.  Unfortunately OBS won't work on 10.6 (and I couldn't get OBS to work on Ubuntu), and I don't know if there is anything else that would work.
Is there a reason you're not updating to 10.9?  I'm sure you already know it's free.  Honestly 10.6 is antiquated at this point so this may be a sign that it's time to update.

However you may still be able to stream to Hitbox, I don't think they have the same requirements Twitch does.
Edit history:
presjpolk: 2014-09-12 07:45:36 am
HELLO!
If I recall he's on PPC.

I don't even know what to suggest.

Maybe there's some command line tool that will transcode from Quicktime Broadcaster to something Twitch can handle?