--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

The Lion King (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Dave 'bangerra' Janssens!
Thread title:  
Run Information

The Lion King (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/lionkingnes/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by May 5, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Vanilla H is mai waifu
A/V good, no cheating

a nearly perfect run.
really few errors.
it's an easy ACCEPT for me
A/V good, no cheating, the only thing I worry about is the runner's sanity. Wink Also The Stampede stage is wonderful.

ACCEPT
Personal text
Quote from lecorbak:
A/V good, no cheating

a nearly perfect run.
really few errors.
it's an easy ACCEPT for me

Quote from CarpetCrawler:
the only thing I worry about is the runner's sanity. Wink

Yepp
A/V good, no cheating, a great waterfall section and pretty good overall RNG. All in all a very easy ACCEPT
I came here thinking this was the SNES version.  I've never actually played this version of the game but I agree with everyone that the run looks pretty beast and should get an accept.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Why, why, why did I even come here to watch this? Bangerra, I curse you to spend the rest of your lifetime in a tiny room in hell with nothing but a NES containing this game, running 24/7. How can anything this horrible even exist? E.T. is so much a better game than this one >__<
A/V is absymal, but that's the game. Only way to get acceptable A/V out of this game is to replace the console (adding an S to the beginning).
Play quality is very good, as others have pointed out. Play quality gets even better, if you remember that the runner had to watch that game and listen to that music live, with no pauses or anything.
This game should never be let onto the SDA pages or else the world shall end. But if the world has to end, there is no reason not to accept this run.
Please Bangerra, switch to those bad GBC games … Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's Sweet Sixteen Licence to Drive, or what was it?
Don't worry Alko, we've found worse games than that one recently. The Amazing Spiderman 3 for GB is a true LJN masterpiece. It's so Amazing I can quite confidently say no one on this entire planet has ever finished that game legit. There's no way.

On Topic: Thanks everyone for the replies so far =) A lot of effort went into this one.
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
A/V is fine.

I honestly think that Chinese Link to the Past's music sounds better than the music in this. Heck, Chinese Link to the Past almost LOOKS better than this. And here I thought Shaq Fu was bad. Well, the run itself was good, all the mandatory fights go smoothly, and the platforming is well executed. Easy ACCEPT.
A/V good, no cheating, good gameplay, can't wait to be king, ACCEPT
What's that gemma?
A/V:

Slight jumping around 4:26.  It is during the stampede stage, so it could I suppose be an intended effect that happens to only work properly at one point during the stage.

Gameplay:

There's one type of enemy (hyena, perhaps?  hard to tell in this game...) that consistently gives him trouble, but I'm guessing it's a matter of RNG based behavior.

Also... whatever happened to the whole Scar thing?  I feel like the game just ends about 1/3 into the plot.

Anyway, apart from improving those mini bosses that he sometimes gets hit when he jumps on them (which is probably just a RNG grind) I struggle to see anytthing that could be done better.  ACCEPT.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Crow!:
There's one type of enemy (hyena, perhaps?  hard to tell in this game...) that consistently gives him trouble, but I'm guessing it's a matter of RNG based behavior.

If I'm guessing correctly, it's hyenas, and no, it's not trouble but working with the RNG.

Quote from Crow!:
Also... whatever happened to the whole Scar thing?  I feel like the game just ends about 1/3 into the plot.

Too good for the NES version Wink

Quote from Crow!:
Anyway, apart from improving those mini bosses that he sometimes gets hit when he jumps on them (which is probably just a RNG grind) I struggle to see anytthing that could be done better.  ACCEPT.

If I'm informed correctly, that damage is intentional, hoping to manipulate their pattern.
The damage is not intentional on the hyenas, I jump into them hoping for best RNG, if they're not tired when I jump on them they hit me. I explaned everything about the RNG in my comments I believe. The RNG I got was like top 0.5% if not even more rare.

The video 'jumping' on the stampede is just the game glitching, it only happens on 1 specific spot which I intentionally pick - it gives me something to do in that stage I guess.
Usually I get some severe black/white flashing on some stages, but that luckily? didn't happen here.
Decision posted.