<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Retired
Quote from Wak:
Plus, admins are too busy deleting my runs, so I never bothered asking them to remove my account. Maybe this post will make something move.

Are you serious?  This is stupid.  I know you can't reply anymore, but wow...why didn't you just try to make a better run if you wanted to prove a point?  I've watched some of these streams, and different versions and minor framerate differences aside, the level of play in them is indicative of their great quality.  Not everyone has access to a Wii's VC service, a GBA, a SNES, or a copy of ALttP.  You need to come to your senses after you cool down.
Willing to teach you the impossible
What would be considered a Low% run for this game? I know least amount of items and hearts, but what items are skipped?
Fuck the drama. Marlie Tang, sick sick sick runs. Keep it up, I'm waiting with baited breath for the time you finally get ahold of a console copy and we get to see an officially updated run.

Go on witcha bad self.
Not to detract from the radioactive childishness, but this is the casual forum after all. I kinda wanted to float a thought about this game in that vein.

I'm definitely not great at LttP first of all. But I've been trying to put together a run that's more difficulty-oriented. I set out to do a segmented run where I don't get hit one time in the whole run. I finished the run, but I didn't like it. It clocked in around 2:45, which is silly, and I really kinda raped the whole dark world with magic...cane of byrna/magic cape/heavy medalion usage. I'm trying to redo the run now with stricter guidelines, like no cape/cane, and no medallions in dungeons, and in general more avant garde play.

Trouble is, I'm really not all that great, I'm having a hard time with the 3rd dark boss. Haven't tried with the red sword yet, though. I'm doing one segment per dungeon, on an emulator, just because my SNES doesn't work, and the emulator is easier for me to capture, and it's casual, so I don't have to worry about rules, I know I'm not cheating, that's good enough.

Anyway, I was wondering if any real runners would be interested in taking on this type of challenge. More of a skill run than a speed run. I'd love to see someone tear through LttP unhit in a SS, but I don't think it's possible. (Farthest I ever made it was death mountain with 2 medallions). But for a classic like this that's so well mastered already, it might be an interesting way to raise the bar and explore new territory.
Hi I'm Kryssstal
Quote from Heidman:
What would be considered a Low% run for this game? I know least amount of items and hearts, but what items are skipped?

Low% and Any% are now identical aside from sword level (Master Sword and Tempered Sword respectfully). It makes Ganon take a bit longer since you can only hit him with a spin attack, but that's about it. Since it's virtually watching the same thing as Any%, I choose not to do it unless...

Quote from bpcookie:
Not to detract from the radioactive childishness, but this is the casual forum after all. I kinda wanted to float a thought about this game in that vein.

I'm definitely not great at LttP first of all. But I've been trying to put together a run that's more difficulty-oriented. I set out to do a segmented run where I don't get hit one time in the whole run. I finished the run, but I didn't like it. It clocked in around 2:45, which is silly, and I really kinda raped the whole dark world with magic...cane of byrna/magic cape/heavy medalion usage. I'm trying to redo the run now with stricter guidelines, like no cape/cane, and no medallions in dungeons, and in general more avant garde play.

Trouble is, I'm really not all that great, I'm having a hard time with the 3rd dark boss. Haven't tried with the red sword yet, though. I'm doing one segment per dungeon, on an emulator, just because my SNES doesn't work, and the emulator is easier for me to capture, and it's casual, so I don't have to worry about rules, I know I'm not cheating, that's good enough.

Anyway, I was wondering if any real runners would be interested in taking on this type of challenge. More of a skill run than a speed run. I'd love to see someone tear through LttP unhit in a SS, but I don't think it's possible. (Farthest I ever made it was death mountain with 2 medallions). But for a classic like this that's so well mastered already, it might be an interesting way to raise the bar and explore new territory.

Yeah, I did a "SS Low% No Damage" run as a result of playing this game so much. Segments make it easy, but it's a good way to practice if you're crazy enough to try a SS run... Using the item set from a Low% or Any% run is a good restriction (Master Sword/Tempered Sword and required stuff only). Cape gives you invincibility against any boss, and you can get it before Blind, so that's no fun.

Needless to say, this is really hard. I've only completed the game once (and died at Ganon once on another attempt) out of countless attempts. Some friends and I actually got into this game in January to see who could get up to Eastern Palace without damage first, completely ignoring the thought of speedrunning it or even beating Light World without damage. :V

I may try to get sub-1:45 someday, but I'd have to take a lot of riskier paths and be more reckless in general. The codes make any damage instantly kill Link and keep his hearts at 3 maximum (old habit, for keeping sword beams on if you continue after death and simply try to get a low death count).
Is PJ
Coincidentally Marlie, I just watched the second half of that run again today!  That's one of my favorite videos.  VERY impressive!
Willing to teach you the impossible
Thanks for the info.
Marlie, thanks for that link, that was an incredible run! Having dabbled in it, I understand how insanely difficult it is. Your D1 boss fight was scary (I don't know their names). D4 room with the conveyors is really tough. Some close calls at the beginning of D6. And in D2 when you split that red guy right as you were going downstairs... The trek up death mountain always made me nervous because of the boulders and the little guys that randomly scurry. I notice you went through the caves to avoid them. Great improvisation in D7 where you used hookshot to slow the platform at the beginning. D7 boss with that sword is crazy. Nice use of the mirror to get to D8. I had a mild stroke watching you fight the L3 boss in D8.

And of course low% Ganon at the end of all that is just absurd. I would've liked to have witnessed the celebration afterward. I imagine that's why it took you so long to trigger the text at the end in the triforce room.

Anyway, incredible run. To me, this trumps all other LttP runs. Put this next to a 3 min glitch run and you understand how meaningless pure speed can be. It wouldn't surprise me if SDA allowed the 3 min run one day. Subjectively allowing glitches is a slippery slope. But that's another topic.

Great run, Marlie. You're the best in my book.
Hey guys.

I wanted to apologize for my behavior last week. It's Wak.

That being said, I hope people will read this from another eye of judgment, even if I've been a retarded. People that knows me better should have wondered what the fuck was in my mind... well I'll explain here.

One reason why I went out of control is because I tried to stop smoking. I've been smoking for 6 years, and tried to stop it. It didn't work, but oh well. My patience and sociability went unstable and I just went crazy on the boards. Sure, lots of people here can't rely on this.

I can't hide either that getting my run beaten got me upset at some point, but not as much as it seemed to. I worked a lot on my runs and when I say that I dreamed of beating TSA's run, it's far from being what I really felt toward this run. I was really proud of this. And because TSA's run stood 4 years, I was assuming it would take way longer than 9 months to get my run beaten. But facts being facts, I shouldn't be upset in any point, it's just a game omg.

I unfortunately don't have the time to get back in speedrunning. I turned 23 in october, I work a lot, have a girlfriend that I take care a lot, I want to go back to school plus I found another hobby which is piano. I would have liked to get into competition, but I lack a lot of time.

I would like to apologize toward marlie tang because she took it personal about the cheating thing. You are sure better than me, I have no doubt that you are not cheating, now that I know you're streaming your runs. But my point was not that You marlie in particular, is cheating. My point was that with an emulator, it's easier to create a file that clocks on a good time because of savestates. Of course, some people even play on console, and some others are streaming, yes, I now know that. But from my point of view, it was just like everybody was just uploading files of ALTTP with very good times, on emulator... I was like dude, how can we trust you and believe it has been done in one take? I was missing some informations there.

I was already not really into SDA anymore, I've posted like 360 times in 5 years. The chances for me to get back on these forums on a more serious or regular basis is not really bound to happen. I'm allright on not having my account back and stuff. I just wanted to clarify my state of mind and apologize for this unwanted situation.

That being said, I know I'm irritating with that, especially with mike, but I still would like my runs to be removed. You're probably wondering why, even after reading all this... Well, I presume it will push the competition a little bit further for those who want this position. Plus, I don't want my run to be watched if there are better runs over the internet now. I would like the spot to be blank, until one day, on the news, a new ALTTP run. I sure will be there to watch it. But my name, right now on the ALTTP page, seems so sullied and dirty... I don't want myself to be on the page anymore really, I'm honest.

Thanks for reading, I hope this post won't start another E-war.
Waiting hurts my soul...
If you remove your runs, then the old runs get put up in their place. It's not like the page becomes blank.
Hi I'm Kryssstal
Quote from Retarded:
But from my point of view, it was just like everybody was just uploading files of ALTTP with very good times, on emulator... I was like dude, how can we trust you and believe it has been done in one take?

All the good Japanese players stream their runs too. If someone out there cheated to make a 1:50 run or something, who cares?

Also you have to realize that I played way more ALttP in the past 9 months or so than you did in 4 years. Anyone can do it if they're dedicated enough.
Hi I'm Kryssstal
First 1:26 thanks to all the new strats: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14801883

SDA run will probably be next year. I dunno what time to aim for but a "theory TAS" of the console route has shown that 1:21 "can" be done without savewarps or OoB stuff (DMD, Turtle Rock skip, and whatnot).
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Marlie Tang:
First 1:26 thanks to all the new strats: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14801883

SDA run will probably be next year. I dunno what time to aim for but a "theory TAS" of the console route has shown that 1:21 "can" be done without savewarps or OoB stuff (DMD, Turtle Rock skip, and whatnot).

ROFL at you for putting this in "Casual" section. There is nothing casual about this run, it is quite insane really. Hope you get that cart soon and I would say that 1:26.xx on console would be just fine judging from this run, but if you want to put in the attempts to go lower that would be cool too. I think you should cross post this in the lttp thread in older consoles if you have not done so already.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Quote from sinister1:
ROFL at you for putting this in "Casual" section.

This!

Marlie, you owe me a new desk.  My current desk broke when my jaw hit it.  Awesome run! Smiley
Hi I'm Kryssstal
1:26:17 http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15259424

cyghfer improved some boss strats, what a nice guy.
hey i like milk too let's be firends
It's a BIG HEAD!
Bahaha, I don't even remember when I last did the game without OOB. It's just too fun to meddle with.

That aside, I recall at best I could get to the sanctuary in about 7 and half minutes?
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Any chance you will make it to a marathon Marlie??
THIS RUN CONTAINS SECRET WORLDS
I had no idea this was going on precisely because it was in the casual section (I usually lurk the older/newer consoles planning threads). I look forward to seeing more progress on this run!
I do think this should be moved from the casual section. It has obviously evolved into something else entirely over the last year or so.
100% run milestone #1 hit: beat SDA 100% time (on console US version)

1:59:03

And I got a 2:01:16 on stream playing JP 1.0 yesterday as well.
Just did 2:02:29 100% SS, but I just realized that I counted the text while I'm in bed at the beginning so shave off about 26 seconds there. 2:02:03.
From France !
Hi, I really enjoy Marlie Tang Zelda speedruns, and there is a new one on her Ustream channel : 1:26:06 SS Any% Japanese version http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17766408
bad run imo her aga 2 was shit
apple bapple
Wow lol.

Amazing runs, your 1:26:06 was beast Cheesy

Do you think you're going to get under 1:26? or even less?