Smiley
Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
hi, I know a any% run is completing the game so no objection on that. However there is no agreed categories for godfather 1, blackhand & don's edition.

- 100%: there is a 100% progress in the game that counts how many missions & collectibles are achieved. I think this might count as 100% but I'm not sure if it is possible or done before.
- low%: this can be difficult to define since it could be multiple conditions. The most obvious could be not leveling up your character's traits so that is one. Also there are upgraded weapons available for a price so having no upgrades could be a low% as well. Another condition could be using only the snub revolver which is given to you early in the game but I doubt it is practical.

other than that there also other categories in the game which are

- don%: this can be accomplished after completing all story mode as well owning all compounds, rackets, stores, hubs & warehouses. Once the objectives are complete you'll receive a phone call requiring you to meet at the Corleone compound to be promoted to don as shown in a cutscene. Not sure if the objectives are entirely accurate.
- don of NYC%: similar to becoming a don once you complete tasks you get a phone call and in a cutscene you become don of NYC, the highest rank. this can be bit tricky since I found in some differences in forums including Gamefaqs that says to get don of NYC overall game progress must be 90 - 91. This can be achieved by doing minor tasks such as robing all banks, execution styles, buying safehouses, wining prize fights, collecting film reels and other stuff but not all of them. This a step closer to a complete 100% game progress.

Probably anyone who played the godfather is well aware with different progressions in the game. So what do you think should be the low%/100% definitions for this game?
Thread title:  
As you know, I haven't got a clue how the game works. All I can say is there has to be an obvious cue that you've succeeded in whatever you were going for. If 100% is only around 10% different from don% or the other one, it doesn't sound worthwhile to have both or all of them. If don% is more or less just a stepping stone to getting don of NYC then it would make sense to go all the way as the "true" 100%. So being Don of NYC and 100% completion by whatever the game is keeping track of seems like the most indisputable definition for 100%. However, it's sometimes a real problem to work out what the definitions should be... I know that Earthbound 100% still isn't defined even after much discussion (somebody was asking about it around a year back).

Yeah so the principles to go by: is it easy to keep track of? Does it involve massive quantities of grinding resulting in a run nobody would watch or want to verify?

Low%: usually this means having a lowest possible completion % somewhere in the game's statistics screen and still finish the game. This is obvious for something like Metroid, which tells you your item collection percentage. Of course what's really the lowest % you can get often changes as new tricks are found but this isn't that sort of game... Again, if the extra limitations result in a 30-hour run, it's not a speed run at that point but rather a challenge playthrough. Not (nearly) every game has a low% run if it's too similar to the any%, e.g. still using the same route more or less.