1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Hockey enthusiast
Shameless plug with some copy pasta.

Today we are very happy to announce that Team Ludendi will host a Speedrunning marathon at DreamHack Summer 2014. Some of the very best speedrunners in the world will be at location during the whole festival and beat their favorite games faster than the developers ever could have imagined, all in front of the live DreamHack audience.

The marathon will also be live streamed on Twitch so if you can’t be on location you can follow the Team Ludendi DreamHack Summer 2014 Stream Marathon from the comfort of your home. Some of the games that will be featured are Quake, Super Mario 64, Super Metroid, GoldenEye, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Contra. Check out the full game list and schedule below.

On Saturday, June 14th beginning at 20.00 the speedrunning marathon goes arena show, where coolkid will show off Quake, the game that started the speedrunning scene, followed by several games from the classic NES-area and culminating with the perhaps two most well known speedrunning games, Super Mario 64 and Super Metroid. The show will take place at the DreamArena Extreme where over 1000 persons can participate in the audience.
The emphasis of the show will be on races. Which is exactly what it sounds like. Two or more players start the game simultaneously and the first player who defeats the final boss, wins. Expect some close finishes!

Publication: http://www.dreamhack.se/dhs14/2014/05/12/team-ludendi-speedrun-stream-marathon/
Thread title:  
I love Dreamhack, they always put on an awesome show. Really looking forward to seeing this!
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Damn!! This lineup is killer! So hype to see Frezy_man's Contra run!!!
SEGA Junkie
Wow, this is a pretty massive step for speedrunning in general. Congrats on this association!
Cool stuff, good luck Edenal and all
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just a little reminder, tune in right now. Zelda II happened already, Mega Man 2 is going on and SMB 2 got delayed Smiley
Looking at the VOD:s, one quickly realizes that there were a ton of technical issues due to the short time of preparation before the event, and not knowing what to expect from it (I must assume). That aside being at Dream Hack was an amazing experience and I hope we get to go there again, being a lot better prepared for it. Teaching people how to handle different parts of the stream will occur during ESA, and with that knowledge being spread, it should be easier to divide responsibilities and monitor future marathons.

Thanks to everyone watching us and see ya at ESA, at the end of July!