Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I'd like to remember a game I played on the Sega Channel in the mid 1990's.  I think that means it's a Sega Genesis title or something around that time frame.  It was a 2D side angled view adventure game revolving around genies.  Mechanically, think Double Dragon, but with a genie theme storyline.  The main character was not a genie, but through the story discovered different genies of different elements to use.  So first, you'd find the fire genie and get to summon or use his abilities, then the wind genie, then shadow genie and so on and so forth.

One reason I am unable to find any info about it is because when you search Google with the keyword 'genie' all it returns is pages about Game Genie.  Hopefully someone here knows what it is.  Thanks!
Waiting hurts my soul...
Definitely a Sega Genesis game if it was on the Sega Channel. If you can give more details it would help. When you say "Mechanically, think Double Dragon," do you mean it's a beat'em up? Do you use weapons, or only these powers you get from genies? Do you jump or climb at all?
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Definitely a Sega Genesis game if it was on the Sega Channel. If you can give more details it would help. When you say "Mechanically, think Double Dragon," do you mean it's a beat'em up? Do you use weapons, or only these powers you get from genies? Do you jump or climb at all?

I suppose it is a beat em up, although much more fantasy oriented, plus you collect items I believe.  I can not remember if there is weapon/armor equipping or not, but it is set in an Aladdin type era, so I think a sword is used.
Edit history:
Sportacus84: 2011-07-14 09:24:22 am
OK a really old friend of mine lend me a PC game to play. The only thing I can remember from the game is when you threw a sticky bomb on a enemy he would say "Sticky Bomb meet Mr. Stupid" also it had Lara Croft in it tied up in a water fall. Also had a random chick showering nude and when you walk in on her she would shoot you and cover herself up even though the water covered her up. IT was like mixed with Duke Nukem 3D and Ninja Gaiden (FPS). I really want to find and buy this game again it was alot of fun.

Edit:
Iwill have other games on my mind that i forget the names for but i will do one at a time
Sportacus84: Sounds like Shadow Warrior.
Quote from TheVoid:
Sportacus84: Sounds like Shadow Warrior.

omg yeah thats it only 10$ threw 3D realms website so going to buy it in the near future

ok i got another one:

It is like a RTS and you had to place your units in a certain area and rescue people in an wreck or something. you had access to a firetruck, ambulance, and tow truck. IT was kind of like an ER game but in RTS form.
Quote:
It is like a RTS and you had to place your units in a certain area and rescue people in an wreck or something. you had access to a firetruck, ambulance, and tow truck. IT was kind of like an ER game but in RTS form.

I believe that game was called Emergency. I know which game you're talking about because a friend of mine played it a lot, but I'm not sure about the name anymore.
Edit history:
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-07-14 05:00:22 pm
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-07-14 05:00:05 pm
Quote from Shuda51:
Here's one that i'm pretty vague on the details for, so i apologize in advance.

All i remember is that it was a robot game, like Transformers, though i'm not sure if that's it. One level was based in Antarctica i think, with a mini-boss being a jet robot. Another level took place out at sea during a thunderstorm. I can't exactly remember which console. I don't think it was PC, and it was definitely before the 360 came out, but sometime after the SNES.

Maybe this was Gun Metal? It was a game where you controlled a transforming robot that could change between mech and jet forms, and it definitely had an ice level because the ice level shows up on google image search. I didn't play enough of it to know whether there was a jet miniboss or a sea level anywhere. It's also from the right era and had X-Box and PS1 versions.

If not, a longer shot would be Battle Engine Aquila, which was a similar game.
Edit history:
Sportacus84: 2011-07-14 07:37:52 pm
Quote from TheVoid:
Quote:

I believe that game was called Emergency. I know which game you're talking about because a friend of mine played it a lot, but I'm not sure about the name anymore.

found it its called Emergency: Fighters for Life
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/197223-emergency-fighters-for-life

was a really fun game now i got to think hard again cuz i know i had others that i remember playing

thnx TheVoid
ok think i got another one. but i don't think it was on a console ever. so basically its a arcade game. I was playing in a Arcade called "Nickle City" and every game was a nickle which was awesome but u had to pay to get in and play which sucked but anyways the had some Free Play games and i was playing one that let you choose a Guy or a Girl char. and it was like Contra & Hard Corps mixed. Pretty much tank killing and solider killing. I actually beat the game spent like 5 hours on it and i had tons of free plays so i could always continue where i died.  think thats pretty much what i remember.
Currently occupying the grey area.
Sounds like Metal slug, except that was on console. Does it have cartoony graphics like that?
Quote from Ghoti:
Sounds like Metal slug, except that was on console. Does it have cartoony graphics like that?

sort of
Quote from Axel Ryman:
Just remembered one. It's a game similar to Bomberman but for the PC around mid to late 90s. That's all I know.

Mine Bombers?
Never any doubt!
I remember that once I saw somebody to play a game that looked very interesting but I never knew the name. It was similar to Sims because you have a boat which you have to furnish, so that the tourists travelling with your boat will have more comfortable trip and you win more money. I think you can but better and bigger boats later on, but the boat keeps on travelling in the sea. It is something like a human simulator because just like in Sims the tourists there had needs you need to fill. So if anyone knows which game it is I would be glad to tell me the name. Smiley
Quote from Igyanata:
I remember that once I saw somebody to play a game that looked very interesting but I never knew the name. It was similar to Sims because you have a boat which you have to furnish, so that the tourists travelling with your boat will have more comfortable trip and you win more money. I think you can but better and bigger boats later on, but the boat keeps on travelling in the sea. It is something like a human simulator because just like in Sims the tourists there had needs you need to fill. So if anyone knows which game it is I would be glad to tell me the name. Smiley

Perhaps you're thinking of Cruise Ship Tycoon?

Just going by google search with your details
Yes Johnny, play the violin!
Ok I have one: it was a DOS game and I played it when I was very little, like 9-12 years ago. You played with a guy and you could collect diamonds, you could also collect a little pistol which meant you got 5 bullets, there were elevators and the rest is vague. I remember that in later levels you sometimes played upside down and that in later levels there were glass tiles that you could break by shooting them, in later levels there also was one monste you could only hit when it had its eyes open, I know that last one is pretty cliché but it was the first time I ever saw that in a video game.
Edit history:
dballin: 2011-07-29 04:23:05 pm
Balls jerky
Crystal Caves!

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE9GVn2mjs8
Ooooh ty=) I guess it was answered before.
Edit history:
Igyanata: 2011-07-30 03:16:45 pm
Never any doubt!
Quote from AniMeowzerz:
Quote from Igyanata:

Perhaps you're thinking of Cruise Ship Tycoon?

Just going by google search with your details
Wow you're good. That defenetly was the game but I really didn't know how to look for it. You helped me a lot with this problem. Thank you. Smiley

Edit: Well I can't seem to find anywhere to download it though, I guess I won't be playing it soon. Smiley
Ok since I got the last answer in like one day I'll just ask another one that's been on my mind for a while.
It was an n64 game that I played at a friends house about 10-11 years ago, and I barely remember anything about it. Just that it was 3d and there was some guy with a rope and you needed to push him into a fireplace, but I never actually saw that happen. The guy you were playing with was able to shoot fire balls or something like that and I also remember that there was some secret behind a waterfall in another part. I remember so little about it that I think that even seeing a video of it wouldn't confirm it. I remember one of the songs in the game very well though so I think that if I hear that I immediately recognize it.(I have no idea why I remembered it for all these years.
Edit history:
Exo: 2011-07-31 09:47:30 am
Sandbagging
Quote from jesmurf:
Ok since I got the last answer in like one day I'll just ask another one that's been on my mind for a while.
It was an n64 game that I played at a friends house about 10-11 years ago, and I barely remember anything about it. Just that it was 3d and there was some guy with a rope and you needed to push him into a fireplace, but I never actually saw that happen. The guy you were playing with was able to shoot fire balls or something like that and I also remember that there was some secret behind a waterfall in another part. I remember so little about it that I think that even seeing a video of it wouldn't confirm it. I remember one of the songs in the game very well though so I think that if I hear that I immediately recognize it.(I have no idea why I remembered it for all these years.

GEX 3 - Deep Cover Gecko (from what I can tell atleast ^^)
Quote from Exo:
Quote from jesmurf:

GEX 3 - Deep Cover Gecko (from what I can tell atleast ^^)

as a matter of extreme coincedence, I looked up: banjo tooie overworld since I had the feeling it could be that game for a while. And like I expected immediately recognized the overworld theme... Maybe I should have looked that up before posting, but oh well.
Sandbagging
I only remember pushing somebody into a fire in gex3 :s
Guess I need to play banjo&tooie again..
I never played banjo tooie except for then... I also have the theory that my 6-yearold memory is so screwed up I remembered 2 different games to be one. But I don't think so..
Quote from Exo:
I only remember pushing somebody into a fire in gex3 :s
Guess I need to play banjo&tooie again..

I just looked up the gex3 fight and that is definitely not it.