<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
What is a man?
Quote from Soliduz Znake:
I can't remember exact details but I remember playing a 2D fighting game probably on a Sega console or at that era of Sega & Nintendo . The only thing I remember is you have a large selection of rosters and the final level you fight in a Colosseum against a boss who is muscular, naked, with slik hair style and has a silver skin color sort of like Silver Surfer.

Might it be some obscure version of virtua fighter? the final boss is coloured silver and name's Dural
I go fast I guess
Quote from bangerra:
Quote from blackbox64:
There was this one racing game I had for the Snes, it was one of those 3rd person low down behind the car ones... I have looked everywhere but I cannot find something that reminds me of it. The only thing I have to go off of is that it was very British... lol

Top Gear 1 or 2 ?

Nooo, it doesn't ring a bell, I'll keep looking but I don't really know x(
I go fast I guess
I found it! It's called Street Racer, now I can go enjoy my childhood again Smiley
I'm looking for a game I played as a kid, in the early 90s (I bought the game second hand in Austria (PAL region) and played it around 93/94/95). It was for the NES. I think it was a mix of action/adventure and the setting was fantasy/medival like.
You looked at it from the side, the main character was a man (which was a human, you saw arms and legs) and he wore something white. For life energy you collected little potions/elixiers.  There were towns, where people told you stuff and caves.
I didn't come very far since I was a kid. I got stuck in front of a wall/gate, and some guy was in front of that and didnt let me through.
I hope someone has an idea, I just can't seem to find it. Thanks!
Faxanadu?
You're pretty good...
I saw a game in a old ps2 demo disk I really liked where you were fighting some guys in a jungle, I think you had some kinda of glowing sword and could run on walls for a second. I remember that the protagonist had spikey hair. I was only like 6-7 when I played so my memory is really faint. if anyone can give me some idea's of what it is or give me a list of game pictures to look at I could identify it. thanks !
Quote from tschoerk:
I'm looking for a game I played as a kid, in the early 90s (I bought the game second hand in Austria (PAL region) and played it around 93/94/95). It was for the NES. I think it was a mix of action/adventure and the setting was fantasy/medival like.
You looked at it from the side, the main character was a man (which was a human, you saw arms and legs) and he wore something white. For life energy you collected little potions/elixiers.  There were towns, where people told you stuff and caves.
I didn't come very far since I was a kid. I got stuck in front of a wall/gate, and some guy was in front of that and didnt let me through.
I hope someone has an idea, I just can't seem to find it. Thanks!

If not Faxanadu, The Battle of Olympus is also a possibility (note: I've only minorly played either, but 'wear something white' seems to work for the latter)
Quote from bangerra:
Faxanadu?

Quote from Melodia:
If not Faxanadu, The Battle of Olympus is also a possibility (note: I've only minorly played either, but 'wear something white' seems to work for the latter)

Yeah thanks it was Faxanadu!! Finally! Smiley
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2014-04-17 02:48:55 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Nanoscripter:
I saw a game in a old ps2 demo disk I really liked where you were fighting some guys in a jungle, I think you had some kinda of glowing sword and could run on walls for a second. I remember that the protagonist had spikey hair. I was only like 6-7 when I played so my memory is really faint. if anyone can give me some idea's of what it is or give me a list of game pictures to look at I could identify it. thanks !

I-Ninja has nearly everything except spiky hair. Possibly Legend of Kay. If not those two, it'd be helpful to know what doesn't match your memory.

Edit: Oh, I suppose there's Prince of Persia: Sands of Time as well.
You're pretty good...
Zenic, you played as a human who i think was wearing blue. the demo started you outside making you go in a straight line attacking enemys, next area you went was inside a small bar fighting dudes. ill try to think of more but i might need your guys help.
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2014-04-18 06:35:43 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Nanoscripter:
Zenic, you played as a human who i think was wearing blue. the demo started you outside making you go in a straight line attacking enemys, next area you went was inside a small bar fighting dudes. ill try to think of more but i might need your guys help.

Hmmm, I'm not sure that description helps anymore. I'm pretty sure I haven't played the game; if you remove the wall running and make it a ps1 game, then it sounds almost exactly like Brave Fencer Musashi. I'll think about it a bit more.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:37:10 pm
I remember a PS1 game, it was on a demo disc. You are a wireframe character, the objective is to run the hell away from giant cubes. The background is completely black, and while the floors are as wired as you are, the cubes are not. They are colored differently.

I remember another game where you are a fake Bugs Bunny. Your objective is simply to make your way to the end of the level. However, you have to determine where the end is, it could be anywhere. I remember playing this on a Windows 98, the disc labeled "101 great games" or something, it even had a demo of Mortal Kombat 3 on it. 1 of the levels features a Ship, you can jump out of cannons. You cannot jump down through floors.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:39:24 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Anonymous:
I remember a PS1 game, it was on a demo disc. You are a wireframe character, the objective is to run the hell away from giant cubes. The background is completely black, and while the floors are as wired as you are, the cubes are not. They are colored differently.

I remember another game where you are a fake Bugs Bunny. Your objective is simply to make your way to the end of the level. However, you have to determine where the end is, it could be anywhere. I remember playing this on a Windows 98, the disc labeled "101 great games" or something, it even had a demo of Mortal Kombat 3 on it. 1 of the levels features a Ship, you can jump out of cannons. You cannot jump down through floors.

The first is Intelligent Qube.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:39:08 pm
Might be magic...
Quote from Anonymous:

Sounds a little like Jazz Jackrabbit?
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:38:59 pm
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:36:59 pm
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Quote from Anonymous:

The first is Intelligent Qube.

5 days later: Thanks.

Gammadragon: Lemme Google and see it. ...No.

On that note, I remember a games for SNES. It's intro involves a dark screen with multiple colored crystals regrouping in a center place on the screen. When you start the game, it starts on a ship. Someone gets snatched. A large earthquake happens, and it never stops. You are presented with 2 entrances. 1 of them leads into a forest where you can talk with people, I am not sure if you can buy anything in there, it even looked like it had a lake. The other entrance has a bunch of monsters on plains. You use a weapon to roll up to them and strike them.

I also remember a PS1 fighter where 1 of the characters was a girl who was merged with a crow or a hawk. 1 of the unlockable characters you could fight was a robot with lots of ammo, and each unlockable character was a better version of what who you used to complete the story with.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:38:50 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Anonymous:
On that note, I remember a games for SNES. It's intro involves a dark screen with multiple colored crystals regrouping in a center place on the screen. When you start the game, it starts on a ship. Someone gets snatched. A large earthquake happens, and it never stops. You are presented with 2 entrances. 1 of them leads into a forest where you can talk with people, I am not sure if you can buy anything in there, it even looked like it had a lake. The other entrance has a bunch of monsters on plains. You use a weapon to roll up to them and strike them.

I also remember a PS1 fighter where 1 of the characters was a girl who was merged with a crow or a hawk. 1 of the unlockable characters you could fight was a robot with lots of ammo, and each unlockable character was a better version of what who you used to complete the story with.

SNES one might be Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest or Soul Blazer.

There aren't that many PS1 fighters... hehe. Any idea if it was 2d or 3d? Random guesses: Bio Freaks, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, or maybe one of the Tekken games? You could also try browsing this list: http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/playstation/fighting/
I'm gonna guess the fighting game is Bloody Roar
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:38:41 pm
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:36:42 pm
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Quote from Anonymous:

SNES one might be Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest or Soul Blazer.

There aren't that many PS1 fighters... hehe. Any idea if it was 2d or 3d? Random guesses: Bio Freaks, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, or maybe one of the Tekken games? You could also try browsing this list: http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/playstation/fighting/

It was a Japanese fighter. Lemme check the list.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:36:32 pm
Not Bloddy Roar, not Bio Freaks, not Jojo. It was 3D, it went by Chapters or Acts. 1 of the ladies had a split personality, not sure.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:36:06 pm
I think Mystic quest may be 1 of them. Still checking through those Fighters.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:36:14 pm
*sees Ehrgeiz* Sephiroth!?
Not sure about Evil Zone.
Not sure about Kensei Fist.
They had the ability to use Magic, that is a must...
Looks like Heaven's Gate could be 1 of them.
Could be Genei Tougi...
Not Kensei. Not Shiritsu.
Not Soul Blade, the game must be Japanese.
Waiting hurts my soul...
The description of the girl almost sounds like Morrigan from Darkstalkers, but I'm sure girl/animal isn't exactly an original concept, and I don't remember any robots in that series.
....Soul Blade (Soul Edge) is Namco. The Soul Calibur games are sequals to it.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:38:15 pm
What is a man?
Quote from Anonymous:
Could be Genei Tougi...

Magic.. that certainly sounds like Destrega, one of the most intuitive fighters on PS1!
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-24 12:38:31 pm
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from charleon:
Quote from Anonymous:
Could be Genei Tougi...

Magic.. that certainly sounds like Destrega, one of the most intuitive fighters on PS1!

And a fantastic one at that, but no character in that game can morph.