--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Alex Kidd in Miracle World probably

Thats it, thank you! Cheesy
What is a man?
Hmm, I have another hard one which i'd really like to have another look at. I Think i played it to the NES when i was young. The only thing I can remember was that the setting was kinda like metroid, you were a human on a foreign planet possibly, and the first level was kind of like bomberman: you had to destroy the right bush/tile to find the way forward. I think there was a restriction to amount of bombs, and time (or possibly oxygen), also the level was scrolling, possibly autoscrolling. This was really frustrating as the door was under a random bush/tile and you could run out of bombs trying to find it. When you actually found the door, i think the gameplay changes some, i can faintly remember the next level being a boss, a hydra perhaps? This isa ll really vague, but I hope someone gets it!
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from charleon:
Hmm, I have another hard one which i'd really like to have another look at. I Think i played it to the NES when i was young. The only thing I can remember was that the setting was kinda like metroid, you were a human on a foreign planet possibly, and the first level was kind of like bomberman: you had to destroy the right bush/tile to find the way forward. I think there was a restriction to amount of bombs, and time (or possibly oxygen), also the level was scrolling, possibly autoscrolling. This was really frustrating as the door was under a random bush/tile and you could run out of bombs trying to find it. When you actually found the door, i think the gameplay changes some, i can faintly remember the next level being a boss, a hydra perhaps? This isa ll really vague, but I hope someone gets it!

There's a run of this game on the site. I think you're describing Robo Warrior: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Robowarrior.html
What is a man?
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Quote from charleon:

There's a run of this game on the site. I think you're describing Robo Warrior: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Robowarrior.html

Hah, thank you very much! that's exactly the game i was looking fo r:)
Edit history:
Yagamoth: 2013-09-03 04:26:22 am
INTJ
I just "remembered" a game from around ~Wizardry 6 time. A PC game, where you control 3 (4?) characters in a top down perspective. I -think- those guys had robes in different colors and you could open some door by placing one of the characters on a switch and move through with the others. It was a rather grim atmosphere in general. When one of your characters died the other one could pick up his bones and carry them around

Very blurry memory.. I hope someone knows it, because I love rediscovering those old mysterious games I didn't understand back then ^^

Edit: Oh wow, I just found it.. It was Shadowlands :D.. And along the way I also found another game I totally forgot about, Albion.. I have to play them again o___o
Clear as a crisp spring morning!
Albion is a classic.
Hello, I can't remember this one game. All I can remember from it was that it was a platformer, you can glide, you looked like a Zora, but darker, and I think you start out in a cave. It's either on PS2 or Dreamcast. I really need to know, since I actually want to play it again. Thanks in advanced.
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2013-09-16 12:04:52 am
Waiting hurts my soul...
MDK is the first game that comes to mind. (edit: probably the sequel MDK2 based on the consoles you mentioned)
Quote from ZenicReverie:
MDK is the first game that comes to mind. (edit: probably the sequel MDK2 based on the consoles you mentioned)

That's not it.
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2013-09-16 01:50:34 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Sacrifices:
Quote from ZenicReverie:

That's not it.

Okay. It's helpful to say why that's not it. What's different about this game compared to the one you remember? Just throwing out another game: Soul Reaver although Raziel looks nothing like a Zora, but it's also on DC and PS1. There might have been a glide mechanic, but I didn't play very far into the game.
Learner/Assister
Ok, theres a game on PS2 where you go around gathering these little egg looking things with parts of it floating around it. You work with some weasel thing who is really annoying. If that isnt enough i can try and think of more but thats all i can remember at the moment.
It could be Jak and Daxter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jak_and_Daxter
Waiting hurts my soul...
Yeah, it's probably Jak and Daxter, but if not, then check out Whiplash (although I don't remember gathering eggs in that).
Edit history:
Sacrifices: 2013-09-20 06:46:14 pm
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Quote from Sacrifices:
Quote from ZenicReverie:

That's not it.

Okay. It's helpful to say why that's not it. What's different about this game compared to the one you remember? Just throwing out another game: Soul Reaver although Raziel looks nothing like a Zora, but it's also on DC and PS1. There might have been a glide mechanic, but I didn't play very far into the game.

That's it, thank you! Also, I remember Raziel as a Zora from extremely foggy memory from when I used to play it around when it came out on Dreamcast.
Learner/Assister
Ahh ok that looks about right, stupid weasel thing..
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2013-09-24 02:29:43 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
For posterity, which one looks right?
Okay, so all I can remember is that it is a game for the nintendo 64; you play as this guy, I think he's human, and you're in this sort of facility that is high tech; I think you're trapped inside. You have a gun that I believe shoots out sort of a laser blast, and you use it to kill the flying robots that are shooting lasers at you. There are also monsters all around that when you engage, it takes you to an action list where you can perform different techniques such as slamming them or striking them and they can do the same. That's all I can remember, please answer if you have any thoughts.
I didn't play it much, but could it be Hybrid Heaven? I remember that having 'guy trapped in a facility' at least.
Learner/Assister
Oh Jak and Daxter looks right.
This is not a game that I am personally looking for but an unanswered post from TVtropes: "A really ancient computer game, probably mid-to-late 1980s. You build and design a rocket. Then you see the rocket launch, followed by, if I recall correctly, the astronaut parachuting down". The game in question was not an arcade game and I tried "Project Space Station" but it was not it. The original poster thought it was closer to The Oregon Trail in terms of game play and it might have included the rocket launching but those parts are uncertain.
Waiting hurts my soul...
This probably isn't it, but here's a random guess: http://boingboing.net/2012/11/12/empire-i-world-builders-19.html
Quote from Elren:
Nope, none of them.
I try to add some info
Quote:
The second one is a PC RTS game. I remember that there were several races(more than average) and most of them had their units "inspired" from TV-Shows, Movies and other games. I know that one of the ultimate units was similar the Metal Spider from Wild Wild West.

Additional to that the graphic were more comic based like WC3 and the races more fantasy oriented I think. The Metal Spider was a unit of some kind of steampunk race with zeppelins and all that stuff.
But thats rly all i can say to that game.

Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends (3 races)
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms - Iron Plague (Was a take on the Fantasy genre rather than Sci-Fi) (five races, fifth is a non-magic steampunk one)
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends looks exactly like what I remember.
Thanks for the help and sry for misremembering facts.
Edit history:
Shaggy: 2013-12-09 01:34:03 pm
Okay the game I'm thinking of was like Final Fantasy, except the camera was locked onto the player. I remember it was just a demo I played (was for PS1) Was listening to a chill song from chrono trigger that reminded me of the game. Here: I don't even know if it was a "real"game or just a game that had parts of itself spread out on multiple demo disks. The combat and leveling system were like FF if I remember correctly. I can't think of more to say about it except I remember at the end of the demo it showed part of the story from the next game/part of the next demo thing, and I THINK the main characters ended up in a sky prison or just regular prison?

Thanks for the help.
The only JRPG on Ps1 i know of that matches the description and had a demo is "Legend of Dragoon". Also the Main Character enters a prison fairly early in the game so it could be the one you're looking for.