--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2012-12-06 07:53:52 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from kagedude:
So i played this game years ago and as I remember it is a gamecube game. So I played this with my friend on multiplayer and the game is about shooting/killing the other player. You are running around on a map with robots and these robots you can hook yourself into a whole on their back wich allows you to controll the robot and use the robots guns and stuff.

Sounds like Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Quote from kagedude:
So i played this game years ago and as I remember it is a gamecube game. So I played this with my friend on multiplayer and the game is about shooting/killing the other player. You are running around on a map with robots and these robots you can hook yourself into a whole on their back wich allows you to controll the robot and use the robots guns and stuff.

Sounds like Metal Arms: Glitch in the System

Yes that's it, thanks so much! Cheesy
Quote from TRTerror:
Quote from chinonozu:
Hi, I've been looking for a game without success. It's a game for the playstation1 (I had a PAL region one). The game is an arena style of game where you control a floating vehicle similar to the ones from wipeout (which was the game I thought I was looking for but nope). The controls are like from a racing game but the main goal is to grab a blue glowing puck with your ship and shoot it in a pit usually in the center of the arena. Other vehicles in the map will also try to grab the blue puck and can try to steal it from you. (can't remember exactly whether there were weapons for blowing opponents away from the puck) The arenas tend to resemble skateparks with a lot of curves and ramps. If anyone has any idea which game it might be I'd be glad to hear.

think i found your game http://www.giantbomb.com/dodgem-arena/61-30788/

Thank you very much! I'm glad I came to this thread.
Waiting hurts my soul...
And... after nearly over a year later, I've updated the first post. For those that were looking, there are a lot of unconfirmed guesses. For those that want to help there are a lot of unanswered games. Good luck, have fun, and let's find some lost treasures.
I am still currently looking for a game.  It was on Windows 95 or 98, not sure, but the game came with one of the Games for Windows Disc that you purchase in the game section at like a office depot or something.  The game is a wireframe style game.  At the beggining you can choose how many other planets there will be and each planet has its own color. The colors are red, white, pink, yellow, and red I believe. The ship you play is is a triangle. You start on your little tiny planet with a command ships floating around your planet.  After a while freightors spawn around your planet at that time you go out and find other planets.  You land on them and a square pops up in the middle, you then have to protect that planet until your ships arrive to orbit around it.  FOR YEARS, and I mean YEARS I have been trying to find this game.  Please for the love of god help me find it before I die on a long enless search for hours.
Quote from sepherin:
I am still currently looking for a game.  It was on Windows 95 or 98, not sure, but the game came with one of the Games for Windows Disc that you purchase in the game section at like a office depot or something.  The game is a wireframe style game.  At the beggining you can choose how many other planets there will be and each planet has its own color. The colors are red, white, pink, yellow, and red I believe. The ship you play is is a triangle. You start on your little tiny planet with a command ships floating around your planet.  After a while freightors spawn around your planet at that time you go out and find other planets.  You land on them and a square pops up in the middle, you then have to protect that planet until your ships arrive to orbit around it.  FOR YEARS, and I mean YEARS I have been trying to find this game.  Please for the love of god help me find it before I die on a long enless search for hours.

Gravity Well? Or maybe Warpath?
@BlutoClash sounds like Beyond Oasis and according to http://segaretro.org/Sega_Channel they had it

@Sportacus84 Shock Troopers or Shock troopers 2nd squad?

@Matrix TN Re: Amiga shooter, Dragon Spirit?

Edit history:
Endless: 2013-01-12 08:21:26 pm
Endless: 2013-01-12 08:21:12 pm
Endless: 2013-01-12 08:20:58 pm
Endless: 2013-01-11 06:58:11 pm
Endless: 2013-01-11 06:57:59 pm
So there are a few games I'd like to give a shot here.

1.) It's either a space game or some sort of other aircraftey game, but either way you have free movement in 3d space with (I believe) Newtonian physics. In one mission, there's this valley lined with an insane number of static turrets, and in order to avoid being instagibbed you needed to fly toward the valley, cut your engines, and coast through it using momentum.

2.) This one I believe was a space RTS. There were ships with a large health statistic, somewhere in the 1000-3000 range I think, though I don't have any idea how much damage they dealt or whether that was a lot by the game's standard. One map consisted of a massive torus-shaped station, inside of which the players spawned and played. This one I don't expect anyone to get, since I don't have any further details.

3.) This one is a bit more vague than the first one but better than the second one. It played like Eve where you would warp to places and equip a ship, keeping in mind that its loadout has to be balanced against its frame (e.g. having enough power for the weapons, engine and the like). However, it was single player (although it may have included a multiplayer option). I believe you controlled only one ship from a third person perspective.
Freelancer, thanks to Elren

4.) I remember a couple of pertinent details. The game began on an elevator, heading down to wherever, and the environment was destructible - you could blow holes into or entirely through walls. There was one map, I think intended for the developers, where a number of explosive weapons and an enormous metal framed tower with a ton of glass panes were found in the center, and the walls could be tunneled into for a long distance using the explosives.
Red Faction (1), thanks to Softman25

Gl with those=)
I'm pretty sure #4 is Red Faction - the original. I loved that glass room!
Edit history:
Endless: 2013-01-12 08:20:24 pm
Endless: 2013-01-11 07:40:12 pm
Endless: 2013-01-11 07:07:24 pm
Endless: 2013-01-11 07:02:48 pm
Endless: 2013-01-11 07:01:00 pm
Yes indeed, I looked up "red faction glass room" and apparently it's called "Glass House," and it's exactly what I remember. Thanks, and I'm glad the elevator thing didn't mislead you, I can see that I was just flatly wrong about that one.
(Edit: The elevator sequence is the beginning of the tutorial)
Incidentally there's a speedrun of it. Perhaps I'll best it someday, especially if rocketjumps are possible - it looks like a lot of time could be shaved just by conserving health and armor and RJing up/over barriers instead of the extreme amount of tunneling done in the current run.
Might as well take a couple more guesses...well...educated guesses.

#2 might be Homeworld or Homeworld 2...it's a guess but it's one of those space RTS's, and there aren't many in general. If I'm wrong though - found this. http://www.rakrent.com/rtsc/html/glist-sships.htm

#3 could be anything really. It might be Freespace 2, or anything from the X series. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_(game_series))
Edit history:
Endless: 2013-01-11 07:57:40 pm
Not Homeworld, but close. Homeworld 2 was actually one of those "can't remember the name" games for a while until I happened on the CD case one day, and unfortunately the game I was thinking of wasn't among that list.
Not Freespace, and although X was awesome, not that either. Thanks for the attempts, though!

An issue is that space RTS game lists are rarely complete, and there are a LOT of other kinds of space games. For example - http://www.spacegamejunkie.com/game-list-4/
Heavy Metal Powered
Could 2 or 3 be one of the Wing Commander games?
Neither. The graphics for 3 were somewhat more updated than that, and 2... well, it was detailed, anyway. I have no idea what era it was from.
3 could be freelancer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freelancer_%28video_game%29
Aha, I'm pretty sure that's it, thanks!
Edit history:
JesterDev: 2013-02-14 08:40:33 am
Been looking for this title for many many years now. I rented an NES(?) title way back when, it was a racing game. You traveled from area to area (towns maybe) racing other people one on one I think. You could buy parts for upgrades, won money. It may have been go carts, but not sure. May have also been a kid driving, but again not sure.

Was never really into racers, but this one caught me.
Waiting hurts my soul...
One of these maybe: http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/nes/racing-driving/
Quote from S.:
Looking for a top down view racegame.

You drove a toycar on a table. Ramps, obstacles etc were created using everyday objects. (For example, a ruler was used to create a ramp)

You asked about this a long time ago but, perhaps Micro Maniacs?
You don't drive a car in all the levels but there are some with vehicles, and there's also a level where you run on a ruler.
Quote from JesterDev:
Been looking for this title for many many years now. I rented an NES(?) title way back when, it was a racing game. You traveled from area to area (towns maybe) racing other people one on one I think. You could buy parts for upgrades, won money. It may have been go carts, but not sure. May have also been a kid driving, but again not sure.

Was never really into racers, but this one caught me.

I doubt this is what you're looking for, but in "Lamborghini: American Challenge" you go from town to town racing people. It's for SNES and GB though.
just bumping this again from a few months ago, hopefully some new users see it this time, still driving me nuts

all i can remember is there being 3 levels in the demo (95%) may have been two, no more. You were some sort of machine, pretty sure flying and you had a mission to do each level. I vaguely remember there being some type of bomb like thing you had to plant at the end of first level and I guess blow it up. For some reason I have no recollection of the 2nd level, but for the 3rd featured a boat or a submarine you had to plant bombs on? Ofcourse this was the demo so this may not have been the actual order.
I played this as a kid circa 1998-99, and was on a demo disc with 4 other games although I can't recall any of there names not that it would help.

I have tried looking over gamefaq for anytype of sci fi games and youtubed any name that sounded familar but have had no luck as yet, for some reason I was always thought it started with a letter near the end of the alphabet but reall unsure. with how little I have provided I doubt anyone on here is going to help me as the game was probably not even popular.
would love to track it down for that nostalgic feeling.

The only other slight detail I can remember was the first level on some of the walls there were posters of something, something like a movie poster etc

thanks for any help
There is only one.
Just remembered this game today while looking at this thread. It was a game similar in look and feel to morrowind, you start out in a forest and are tasked with entering a city though its sewers and you can play it online with a friend. That's all i remember, have fun!
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from moore11:
just bumping this again from a few months ago, hopefully some new users see it this time, still driving me nuts

all i can remember is there being 3 levels in the demo (95%) may have been two, no more. You were some sort of machine, pretty sure flying and you had a mission to do each level. I vaguely remember there being some type of bomb like thing you had to plant at the end of first level and I guess blow it up. For some reason I have no recollection of the 2nd level, but for the 3rd featured a boat or a submarine you had to plant bombs on? Ofcourse this was the demo so this may not have been the actual order.
I played this as a kid circa 1998-99, and was on a demo disc with 4 other games although I can't recall any of there names not that it would help.

I have tried looking over gamefaq for anytype of sci fi games and youtubed any name that sounded familar but have had no luck as yet, for some reason I was always thought it started with a letter near the end of the alphabet but reall unsure. with how little I have provided I doubt anyone on here is going to help me as the game was probably not even popular.
would love to track it down for that nostalgic feeling.

The only other slight detail I can remember was the first level on some of the walls there were posters of something, something like a movie poster etc

thanks for any help

This is probably not what you're looking for but it almost sounds like Silent Bomber to me if this demo disc was for the PSX.
Now Reap The Whirlwind!
Hey everyone. There is a game out there that I played a while ago, but I can't remember what it is. Here is everything I remember about it:

1. The game was for Playstation 2. I'm very sure about that.
2. It was an action game. You controlled one character and mostly had to run around huge enviroments fighting a huge amount of enemies and solving puzzles.
3. Think that the main character was named Noei or something along those lines. It sounded very weird.
4. Your main character had a dragon for a friend, whose name was Legna, and you could ride him in battle and have him do a super move that killed a lot of enemies.
5. A big organization in the game were the Knights of the Seal, in which the main character was a part of at the beginning, but was betrayed or got kicked out for some reason.
6. The final boss was your dragon Legna, and you fought him in the air. for this fight, you got transformed into a new form. Think your hair turned white and you got glowing wings or something similar.
7. You could switch between characters while you were playing. One was a guy that used an axe to fight. Another was a girl that had a lance.

That's all I can remember of the game. 
Sea of Green
I haven't played the game, but it sounds like Drakengard 2.