--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from MatrixTN:
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Quote from happyhappy1:
I remember playing an Arcade game in a bowling alley that was a Wild West themed shooter very much like Wild Guns for the SNES (prehaps s sequel for Wild Guns)
Two things i remember about this game, one of the playable characters is a native american, and 2nd one of the levels has a train that zig zags thru a canyon getting closer and closer.
like i say this game is almost the same as Wild Guns but not identical.

I'd guess Sunset Riders just because that's the only other Wild West themed game I can think of.

It's not Sunset Riders (native american not playable character)

Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa ?
It's a BIG HEAD!
Quote from Baron Dante:
Hmm, started thinking what was the game my friend had back then... It was an quite usual shooter game for PS1. It had a train level.

The most distictive thing was, that it had codes you could enter (Like unlimited ammo etc.). The one I remember was "Hat" code. It changed all enemies hats into stuff from that levels environment (Oilbarrels and stuff). the funny thing was in the train level (You move in the train, inside it), if you had the code on, they (enemies) had stuff like rails in their head (Longones) so that you could see their "hats" from the previous rooms sometimes. Fuck I laughed at these things.

I think ppl forgot this? Tongue
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Baron Dante:
Quote from Baron Dante:
Hmm, started thinking what was the game my friend had back then... It was an quite usual shooter game for PS1. It had a train level.

The most distictive thing was, that it had codes you could enter (Like unlimited ammo etc.). The one I remember was "Hat" code. It changed all enemies hats into stuff from that levels environment (Oilbarrels and stuff). the funny thing was in the train level (You move in the train, inside it), if you had the code on, they (enemies) had stuff like rails in their head (Longones) so that you could see their "hats" from the previous rooms sometimes. Fuck I laughed at these things.

I think ppl forgot this? Tongue

Or they just have no clue... Although I should probably stop being lazy about this thread and update the first post.
Quote:
I remember playing an Arcade game in a bowling alley that was a Wild West themed shooter very much like Wild Guns for the SNES (prehaps s sequel for Wild Guns)
Two things i remember about this game, one of the playable characters is a native american, and 2nd one of the levels has a train that zig zags thru a canyon getting closer and closer.
like i say this game is almost the same as Wild Guns but not identical.

You're thinking of "Blood Bros."
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Reg is right, it's definitely Blood Bros.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7163
Waiting hurts my soul...
Okay, I took the time to update the first post, and I felt bad about taking so long, so I added the posts pertaining to each unknown game in spoiler tags. This way you don't have to go searching for what has been discussed on each game.  If I've missed any additional information you can let me know here or PM me.

I'll look through the descriptions again and see if there is any additional questions that can be asked that might be helpful in figuring out these games.
This should be a pretty easy one, I remember playing it on my cousin's C64 around the early '90s.

It involved platforming around the outside of a circular tower that rotated in the background as you moved up and around it. The names 'Obelisk' and 'Onyx' ring a bell.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from chalmo:
This should be a pretty easy one, I remember playing it on my cousin's C64 around the early '90s.

It involved platforming around the outside of a circular tower that rotated in the background as you moved up and around it. The names 'Obelisk' and 'Onyx' ring a bell.

This was actually a pretty popular game with quite a few ports: Nebulus
If that's not it, then it might have been a clone?
Aah!! Well done, Nebulus it is. Guess I can argue that 'Nebulus' and 'Obelisk' aren't COMPLETELY different in structure Tongue
I have one. It was a game we had on our class computers when I was in Year 1/2 at school (so this would be 1995-97 and in the UK, if that matters). I don't know what kind of computers we had (I don't even know what operating systems there were back in those days.) Despite it being on a school computer, I'm pretty sure it wasn't an educational game. We occassionally got to play it for a short while as a treat for good work.

The game had a top-down 2D view, like in simple turn-based RPGs. It was a fantasy setting, and while we didn't get far into the game I think the early bits were set in a forest. I seem to recall the forest basically acting as a wall and the cleared paths through the trees being the only place stuff could move. I remember there being dragons and witches, and maybe knights, but I don't remember whose side anyone was on. I can't really remember how the gameplay worked, but I think the interface was very simple. Certainly the control was mainly by clicking on buttons, in fact I don't think we ever had to use the keyboard when playing. I think that maybe (and I'm really not sure here) you had a small number of units and the only control you had over them was when to release them from their starting points, and each level was a puzzle where you had to figure out the timing of when to release them so that they would get past the enemies' attacks and kill them. I also seem to remember being able to click a button to make a dragon breathe fire, though. I can't remember whether the game had any animation or whether the units just slid along, but I'm pretty sure that any animation there was, was very simple. I also can't remember whether there were sound effects or not. Sorry I can't give any more info.
It's a BIG HEAD!
Hmm, I went through Puzzle Games, released for PC in Europe during 1995-97 and found only 3 games, 2 of which has no images to see, but one was 3D game (According to Wikipedia), the other was 3D game with 2D graphics (WTF?) and the third one had a dog -.-
This is a long shot, but it's not Heroes of Might and Magic, is it? Some of the things you mentioned don't seem to fit with HoMM though. The original was released in 95.

gamelogs.org
btw the above is a shot of homam ii. homam i looks even simpler.
Quote from Arkarian:
btw the above is a shot of homam ii. homam i looks even simpler.

Ta for that, it's been many years since I've played either.
destroy them with lazers
Not so much a game I can't remember but I'm sure you guys can help. Whats the game between 3 and 4 seconds on this clip.
The one that looks like a shy guy fighting a pirate ship. Looks pretty interesting.

Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from X:
Not so much a game I can't remember but I'm sure you guys can help. Whats the game between 3 and 4 seconds on this clip.
The one that looks like a shy guy fighting a pirate ship. Looks pretty interesting.

Cocoron
destroy them with lazers
Cool. Thanks
$15 per rant/allegory

Anyone remember what this is called?
Exoray
Quote from Flicky:

Anyone remember what this is called?

Thats Hugo 3, Jungle of Doom
Great adventure game, abit picky with some wordings at particular places (but then again, which adventure game isn't?)
That screenshot echoes 'Tie vine to bridge' in my head.. Smiley
Eh I lost one game. Played it on PC, but possibly was on other platforms.

Release date after 2000.

I thought it was by the name of Rune or something with soul but "Rune" isn't it.

Gameplay: Playing in third person either as a human Warrior/Assassin/Mage (switching was possible all the time)

I remember the plot quite well though.

Humans are pulled in between a war of a demonic warlock and some dark princess/queen. The warlock holds the upper hand in the war, but the princess has a powerful sword with which she cannot be defeated so easily. The warlock rides a dragon and once talked to a elder human mage.

I think that should be enough.
Seems it wasn't enought. Ok:

You start off with the warrior and fight slavers. After the fight you release the female assassin from captivity and probably start playing with her for a little while. Later the mage comes through a portal and you start fighting demons with him. After that you can switch between the three as you wish.

If I remember correctly you could upgrade either whole armor suit and the weapon. With level-ups you could get new skills for characters.
Lay waste to everything...but I still love SDA!
I'd say Frater - aka The Chosen:Well of Souls, but it's rather new.
-_-"
What's a game (I played on PC, maybe windows 95/98/XP) that can be played by 4 players (played it in 1 keyboard), similar with Rampage (is that the game that you can be a monster & destroy town & stuff?), I believe the character is still human though. somehow the word "trash" is in my mind.. the game is destroying trash or something? I believe you can (or always) use a hammer to attack..

I played this game around 1997-2001

Thanks
Quote from bimanc:
I'd say Frater - aka The Chosen:Well of Souls, but it's rather new.

The story is close but:
"Choose your character"

As I said you switch between the characters you don't choose one with which to go solo.

[hr]

Quote from Cmon:
I believe the character is still human though. somehow the word "trash" is in my mind.. the game is destroying trash or something?

Oh it was so much fun! Played with my brothers on a single PC.

The Artsy Ghost spoke passionately about art!
Gah. I do remember that it was an amazing and dark game. I remember it involved a 2d shadow that would follow you around. The main character was a girl, and at the beginning there might have been something to do with a festival, but I'm not positive. I would kill to remember the name of this game, and if anyone could help me, I would appreciate it like bananas.

EDIT: And I just remembered it was on the gamecube.