--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

The Addams Family (Any %) (Single Segment) [Large-skip glitches]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Dave 'bangerra' Janssens!
Thread title:  
Run Information

The Addams Family (Any %) (Single Segment) [Large-skip glitches]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/addamsgb/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Nov. 27, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
A/V good, no cheating detected.

Other than the fact that this is in color, the run really is very close to the TAS, as mentioned in the comments.  Yay for bad programming!  Accept
A/V looks good, no cheating as far as I can tell.
Wow, this was a fast one. What a ridiculous glitch!
Anyway, gameplay looks good so I can't see any reason why this run shouldn't be an accept.
Vanilla H is mai waifu
A/V good, no cheating detected.

nothing to say about this one except that was effectively really fast.

Accepted.
I've played through the game like shown in this run.

A/V: Weird aspect ratio and recorded at 50 fps. I don't know anything about recording gameboy on gamecube, so maybe everything is normal.
Legit: The route shown here is indeed possible in real-time.

Gameplay: Close to perfect.

ACCEPT
Edit history:
Blechy: 2013-11-15 01:30:58 am
Neat. A/V good, no cheating. Solid speedran.

Accept.
Edit history:
bangerra: 2013-11-15 06:29:38 am
Quote from ktwo:
A/V: Weird aspect ratio and recorded at 50 fps. I don't know anything about recording gameboy on gamecube, so maybe everything is normal.

I play in 50Hz mode, because 60Hz adds a slight bit of input lag (no idea where it comes from.. it's just there) and creates a LOT more colour creep with my capcard.
The games run at the same speed on the GBPlayer regardless of frequency.

The weird aspect ratio might be because I don't use the 'classic' encoding anri-chan tells us to do. The result with the GB mode is extremely blurry and low res (yes even on 'native' resolution it's waaay too blurry for my tastes). My preferred encoding attached below:
The settings I use for LQ and MQ is D1 F4 (encode on MQ and HQ respectively) while prompting 'No' on the GB question. This encodes the file at the scaled up resolution the GB player puts out the image, the end result is WAY better.  For HQ I do D1 F1 encoding (HQ encode ONLY, the other ones have bobbing I can't seem to fix with the settings at hand). This encoding takes a looooooong time but it's worth it. My HQ encode is very crisp and clean and almost looks like the way does on my TV screen.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I've never played this, so all I can say is:
A/V of the LQ version is fine. The run looks legit enough. The damage boosting looks intentional, not sloppy. From my point of view, I see no reason to reject this run.

Accept.
Not a walrus
Decision posted.
Thanks everyone =)