Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2013-06-27 11:16:39 am
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

T.R.A.G. (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Dylan 'CavemanDCJ' Jock!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

T.R.A.G. (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/TRAG/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by June 11, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Not a walrus
Comments were broken on this run until just now. Should be fixed. Sorry about that.
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Comments were broken on this run until just now. Should be fixed. Sorry about that.

They's still something fishy about this submission, I can send out verification PMs and edit the comments for this run etc.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-05-29 02:22:15 am
UraniumAnchor: 2013-05-29 02:22:06 am
UraniumAnchor: 2013-05-29 02:19:35 am
UraniumAnchor: 2013-05-29 02:19:27 am
Not a walrus
That would be me fatfingering something. Should be fixed now.

Was showing you links you shouldn't have seen but they wouldn't have worked for you anyway.

(Also the "Verification PM" link would have just sent you back here even if it had worked.)
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
That would be me fatfingering something. Should be fixed now.

Was showing you links you shouldn't have seen but they wouldn't have worked for you anyway.

(Also the "Verification PM" link would have just sent you back here even if it had worked.)

Now it looks right. I didn't actually test the links out of fear that I would screw up the submission for the runner.
Not a walrus
Video quality fine, audio quality... well, it recorded well, but holy shit the voice acting in this game is truly special. The entire defusal sequence at 25 minutes in was a level beyond.

The StatID has a stray 'n' on it for some reason. Also, why does it say 56:53 when the final save at the end says 49:01? Realtime vs gametime?

Execution of the run seemed fine, I noticed a few spots where the runner makes some movement errors but given that this game looks like it controls like a bad RE clone I'm not too bothered by it. This game looks like they took RE and injected it with a few liters of anime, and the blond character looks like Cloud and Sephiroth had a kid by way of Tifa. Interesting that I never heard of it before, considering it was done by Sunsoft. Not being familiar with the game I had trouble keeping up with the routing, even with the notes, but nothing jumped out at me. I'm guessing the boss fights are stupidly random, because they sure look it.

..the fuck was that final boss? This game makes no sense at all.

Accept, assuming the StatID issue is explained.
Totally Radical Awesome Game
I have no idea what that n is. I could reupload the runs if needed.
And yes, 56:53 is the real time, as game time is really inaccurate.
I could use game time if that would be preferred though.
Not a walrus
Whichever, if you want to get rid of the 'n' I'd wait for Israeli to give the official time just in case he disagrees with yours.

Also where's everybody else? Getting a start on summer vacation? :p
Edit history:
CavemanDCJ: 2013-06-09 02:31:42 pm
Totally Radical Awesome Game
Yeah, I was waiting until someone gave the go ahead, thanks UA
So yeah, this game is a thing...  I don't think a single cutscene failed to crack me up.  One of the movement errors before Vault also made me lose it because of where one of the combo stars showed up (I can be juvenile at times, deal with it).  The plot makes about a much sense as... well, it really doesn't.  And why does Rachel take her sweet time going up and down stairs like that when she sprints everywhere else?

Best text box that I noticed: "This looks like the control panel for to manage the electricity supply" at 4:23.

As for the run, I can't really comment on the route, controls or boss randomness because I haven't even heard of the game until now, much less played it.  But everything seems pretty good, by and large.  There are mistakes and suboptimal bosses, but this is a single segment run of not insignificant length and the runner's portrayal of controls and bosses seem accurate enough to an otherwise ignorant viewer like me.

Looks like I'll ACCEPT because of hilarious game choice.
"Sure looks that way."
"You're really going to accept it?"
Yes, yes I am.
"Are we gonna accept it?"
Well, it's not just up to me, but do you really not get the idea already?  How many times do I have to repeat myself!?  ACCEPT!
"Sure looks that way"
"You're really going to accept it?"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGGHH!
That was a special level of terrible.  I am going to have to agree with AlecK47 though and give it an Accept purely cause its entertaining, and looked overall decently played.

Also, has anyone linked this to Carcinogen?
1-Up!
Decision posted.