Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2012-11-05 08:47:05 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SystemShock2.html

System Shock 2 (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Item usage seemed good. Considering this is an SS item usage could well include spare/safety pick-ups anyway. Accidental pick-ups were dropped during elevator rides.

I wonder if the last verifier meant there aren't any cutscenes in the video? Because loading screens there are. The wait time after the boss dies is 5 secs, I checked from previous runs.

Noticeably the runner doesn't use deaths like the previous run did, but actually that's clearly just because of the Dead Man Walking glitch.

AV is consistent without problems.

Accept.

Quote:
AV's good, though a bit dark. Didn't spot anything truly suspicious, though I did notice that the Hybrid enemies are apparently using a custom model. I'm pretty sure it's just a cosmetic thing, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

The run is well executed, but not at precise as a segmented run could be. However I'm pretty sure reloading takes away the Dead Man Tilting glitch. So I have one question for anybody who can answer it. Is a Segmented run still potentially faster? You can death warp and skip having to run back to the Ops deck since you can glitch the trigger there with a reload in the right spot (see PEACHES AGDQ2 run), but I'm not sure if that still saves enough time, given the overuse of speed boosters that this apparently facilitates. Either way, this should definitely obsolete the current segmented run.

Accept.

Quote:
Wow so much new glitches and skips, this game has been broken !
Invincible glitch + speed hypo duplication is very fast, plus there are 2 new major skips that save at least 2 minutes.
Item pick-up is quick and accurate. No big visible mistakes for a 27 min SS run, that surprised me too!
GREAT ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Dmitry 'KhanFusion' K.!
Thread title:  
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from Flip:
Decision:

Congratulations to Dmitry 'KhanFusion' K.!

This was neither accepted nor rejected... Congrats on making Flip forget!!!
1-Up!
inb4 "You had one job!"
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Flip:
inb4 "You had one job!"

but that's not true, you have many jobs... Wink
Sandbagging
Oh man a SS2 run. Congratulations Khan! Looking forward to seeing this Smiley
Thanks every and answering to the second verifier , yes. The run could benefit tremendously from segmentation. First, it may not seem so, but not being able to duplicate items reliably was a huge pain point for me, since I couldn't do things 'automatically' and concentrate solely on running the game.  I actually had to track their count and try to plan in advance where to use them and where not. More than one run was botched because I used up the last hypo. Luck manipulation makes this problem go away completely. Second, death abuse can save quite a bit of time, and it is possible to postpone the Invincibility glitch until much later in the game, but obviously not in a SS run. Finally, PEACHES' glitch is way too good and saves way too much time to not be included in a run, even if it breaks in game continuity. Reloading doesn't take away zombification, so you could do it in SS run (and do it quickly using teleportation, which you can afford by that moment if you visit decks 4 and 5 in reverse order), but it wouldn't be really a SS run any more. But in a segmented run that already uses reloading, it would be quite fitting. So, again, this game is still waiting for its ultimate speedrun.
polak
very enjoyable run. I just finished my SS2 play and was very impressed
Stalker!
You know that there are already much faster runs?
Edit history:
presjpolk: 2015-01-11 07:26:22 am
HELLO!
Quote from cortez:
You know that there are already much faster runs?

If nobody submitted them then they don't really matter for the purposes of posting a good run here.  Besides, this is a 3 year old thread.