Sad
<- 1  -   of 50 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Haters gonna hate
In Rapture you'd probably be better off going 5-2 to 5-18 and dropping 6-1 + 6-1x.  5-1 + 5-1x is looooong with Meat Boy (~40 seconds combined), while the 5-18s shouldn't run over 30 combined.  5-3x is an intimidating stage (really, it's one of, if not the hardest stage in the game IMO), but it and 5-3 are definitely faster than 5-3, 6-1, and 6-1x.  It takes some practice, but you can get it done pretty consistently in ~20 seconds, 23 if you take the moving repulsors on the right side one at a time.

I like your route other than that, and sub 50 is definitely possible for the category.  Good luck on the run, and if you want to compare level routes anywhere hit me up.
Edit history:
BaronHaynes: 2011-09-14 06:25:07 pm
Strange days, incredible days
Quote from Mundungu:
I also just got my first sub 22 any% run today (final time 21:58).  I had about 10 - 12 deaths (from what I remember), probably all of which were dumb, and good Larry luck (4 cycle).

Nice! I haven't gotten sub 22 in a while, either I screw up in stupid ways or I have a 40s+ Larries. I'm finally starting to get consistent flawless Hospital and Salt Factory runs, though - 80% of my runs used to end in the Forest (a big mistake there is an instant reset) or Hospital (2-2 route still trips me up sometimes). My first big mistakes are starting to consistently happen in the back half of the game, which is good (I think).
Quote from Breakdown:
In Rapture you'd probably be better off going 5-2 to 5-18 and dropping 6-1 + 6-1x.  5-1 + 5-1x is looooong with Meat Boy (~40 seconds combined), while the 5-18s shouldn't run over 30 combined.  5-3x is an intimidating stage (really, it's one of, if not the hardest stage in the game IMO), but it and 5-3 are definitely faster than 5-3, 6-1, and 6-1x.

5-3x features regularly in my nightmares. Also, are you sure it'd be much faster than 5-1x? My memory's a bit fuzzy but I don't remember it being much longer than 20 seconds which would make it a tossup. And 5-1x is much easier, which could be a huge blessing toward the end of a 50-minute SS run.l
I should probably drop 5-3 entirely for 5-18.  I absolutely despise 5-18 and 5-3X, that's why I wasn't running them before, and they don't save all that much time, but I think 5-18X over 6-1X is worth the effort.  I'll just grind those stages some more.  So that would leave 5-3 and all of dark world The End getting skipped.

In any%, Hell is def my weak point, that and 6-3.  I don't know what it is about the bugfest PC version, but the moving platforms just seem so glitchy.  Sometimes they don't really register that you're on them or something, but they work fine in XBLA.  6-3 is probably the only consistent place I die in the run (other than maybe the blind 5-1 jump).
Quote from Mundungu:
I also just got my first sub 22 any% run today (final time 21:58).  I had about 10 - 12 deaths (from what I remember), probably all of which were dumb, and good Larry luck (4 cycle).

You do realize that is an insane time considering 10 deaths, right?
Main Work!!!
Quote from Mundungu:

Do you have a recording of that, it would be nice to see.
Edit history:
Mundungu: 2011-09-15 10:07:55 am
Mundungu: 2011-09-15 10:04:52 am
It was a pretty good time.  As far as I know, I'm only the 4th person with a sub-22 run (Aaron, Joe, and CMiller).  I streamed the run live on my JTV account.  Here's a highlight of it:  http://www.twitch.tv/mundungu/b/295073836

I recounted the death total, and I got 13 in the run, 3 of which I've never seen before (the first three).  A lot of the deaths were very costly too, meaning they were full level deaths (deaths at the end).  I could easily get sub 21 with a 0-2 death run with these strats.  Not only was it 13 deaths, but I messed up a bunch of levels pretty badly, costing even more time.

I'll be doing more of these runs along with real end runs in the next few weeks.  I think the dark world stuff actually helps me with the any% runs for whatever reason.
hey i got sub 22 a long time ago Sad
I see, didn't know you did Joe.  What was your PR?
Main Work!!!
Hey I went through your speedrun and I must admit, I was on the edge of my seat. Incredible job, nice new finds, I'm sure that with practice, some IL routes could be achieved and all the deaths you got there could be avoid. It was a very nice speedrun and I'm confident that not only you'll hit the 21 but I think you could break the 20min. Some deaths cost over 6-9 seconds and you were a little(very little) sloppy on some levels

Good Job!!!
Looking forward an improvement.
I don't think sub-20 is possible without some major new sequence breaks. Around 20:30 is where I'd guess the ceiling is, if everything goes perfectly all in the same run. Unfortunately, as the runs get tighter, Larries plays a much bigger role in the final outcome.
Edit history:
Exo: 2011-09-22 06:39:31 am
Exo: 2011-09-21 02:15:54 pm
Exo: 2011-09-21 01:31:59 pm
Exo: 2011-09-21 01:28:35 pm
Exo: 2011-09-21 01:06:31 pm
Exo: 2011-09-21 01:02:11 pm
Exo: 2011-09-21 12:58:31 pm
Sandbagging
Phew just got a 20:10 Super Meat Boy any% run.
I dont wanna see this game for a looooong time...
Also I'm sorry to everybody who is actively running this.
Being forced to get a 3-cycle larries lament is a huge pain in the ass.
Time for some run comments (although there isnt much to say...its smb after all) :
The run has a lot of silly mistakes (going 1 level too far in the level select screen for example :P) and only has a 4-cycle larries lament fight.
Other than that I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
I hope you guys enjoy watching it Smiley

P.S.: A big thanks to Aaron who I stole nearly all level strats from and whos run inspired me to run smb for real <3

P.P.S.: Sorry for skipping the 2nd to last cutscene. I was super nervous so I mashed A for no reason :s
Holy fuck.
Congrats, please share ASAP!

I am disappointed I didn't get it Sad but also excited to watch Smiley
Yes
See above. 
Congrats Exo!
Edit history:
Exo: 2011-09-21 02:00:59 pm
Exo: 2011-09-21 02:00:44 pm
Exo: 2011-09-21 01:59:31 pm
Sandbagging
@Mr. K : It should be uploaded and public now.

Hd upload will be ready in a minute on megaupload without stupid desynch issues -.-
Great run! When you said 20:10, my first thought was "did he find some incredible new skip or something?" But it turns out I'm just really bad at estimating what a deathless, mostly-flawless run would hit. I think sub-20 is easily possible, we may even get down to sub-19:30 eventually.

It was kind of a huge relief to see almost the same route I've been doing (you've made some improvements along the way, but I've made a few new discoveries too that I didn't see here), cause it means I still have a shot if I keep at it. At the same time, it's astonishing to see what a huge time difference it makes when everything basically goes right all in the same run. I don't think you'll hold the record forever, but you've given yourself a comfortable lead over all the competition (and I didn't even know you were running this!). Fantastic work, submit immediately Tongue
Is PJ
Exo is a beeeeeeeeeast.
Edit history:
Exo: 2011-09-22 06:39:53 am
Sandbagging
Thanks Aaron. I'm glad to see that you have some aces up your sleeve ^^
Can't wait to see you getting a good run. I'm really looking forward to it Smiley
The other thing I noticed is you have no trouble running the game at full quality, which is more fun to look at. I need to figure out why I get such horrible lag on the level transitions at anything higher than -lowdetail.
Edit history:
Exo: 2011-09-21 02:18:54 pm
Sandbagging
Well i have a pretty beefy machine so that might be it.
I'm using fraps with lock framerate on 60 and smb runs at 1280x720.

P.S.: PJ is the beastiest of them all
Main Work!!!
Quote from Aaron_Haynes:
I don't think sub-20 is possible without some major new sequence breaks. Around 20:30 is where I'd guess the ceiling is, if everything goes perfectly all in the same run. Unfortunately, as the runs get tighter, Larries plays a much bigger role in the final outcome.

Quote from Exo:
Phew just got a 20:10 Super Meat Boy any% run.

I think it's doable Aaron Tongue .
1st: good job Exo, it's incredible, you have a lot of small mistakes but it's very low compare to many player including me(maybe also everyone)(by small, I speak about less than .5 second mistake.)
2nd: I was currently aiming for 20:30 but you destroy me.
3rd: am I the only one to get an audio desync(like 2 to 3 seconds)??? 
4th:So who's in for the sub 20 Tongue .
Edit history:
Exo: 2011-09-22 06:40:08 am
Exo: 2011-09-21 02:39:02 pm
Exo: 2011-09-21 02:25:49 pm
Sandbagging
Youtube issues are fixed now..

P.S.: Thanks for the compliment ^^
Edit history:
André: 2011-09-21 02:47:39 pm
Main Work!!!
Fantastic the HD quality from Megaupload rock!!! thumbsup
I don't know if it's your intention but I'm looking forward improvement and I know you can easily beat your time Tongue .
I'm looking for a sub19 and don't disappoint me Exo Tongue .
Sandbagging
Im not gonna touch super meat boy for a while.
I'll stalk Aaron's progress though and if he improves my run I might just get back into running it ^^
that Metroidvania guy
Quote from PJ:
Exo is a beeeeeeeeeast.