1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/YoshisIsland.html

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Any %) (Individual Level)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
1-2: I did not see this coming. This shortcut is something that I have never seen before.

1-E: such a nail biter because I keep thinking he is going to go in the lava but comes out unscathed.

2-7: skips the part with the car. Uses some tactics I've never seen before.

3-5: goes through here really fast. Gets past the piranha plants like it's nothing.

3-7: avoids becoming lunch about 2/3 through the level.

3-E: this level alone made me nervous.

4-1: skips past the star segment with Mario. Avoids getting hit by the bees.

4-3: some skips were used that I have never seen before.

4-5: uses never before seen skips.

5-7: avoids some of the moving lifts. Never knew about the trick near the end.

6-1: went so fast I couldn't keep up.

6-2: didn't think he was going to make it near the end.

6-3: had me nervous right at the end.

6-6: didn't think you could get the key through that much wall.

Overall these runs are an automatic accept. The audio and video qualities are great. No cheating (like the title card says). All I gotta say is Trihex, you better look out. I think the king of Yoshi's Island is about to get dethroned and a new king will take his place. To Austinn "Davis" Hallman: looking forward to your other YI videos.

Accept.

Quote:
Honestly, I went into this expecting mediocre runs at best, since I had never heard of Davis before. Instead, what I found are runs that do not just demonstrate an incredibly in-depth understanding of each level with some very creative strats, but also unparalleled execution. I might give detailed level comments later, but for now this is an instant automatic accept. This guy is amazing.

Quote from Above Verifier Again:
Exact timings for all of his levels, from first frame of "10" appearing (gain control) to first frame of yoshi goal ring animation throwing baby mario (lose control) are listed here:

http://yoshispeedruns.wikia.com/wiki/Individual_Level_Records

Quote:
A/V good on all ILs, no cheating. While I won't go into details (because I suck at detailed comments), I believe all of these runs are very damn impressive.

Times for each:

1-2: 0:22
1-E: 0:41
2-7: 1:06
3-5: 0:51
3-7: 1:07
3-E: 0:14
4-1: 1:14 (This is the same as Carl Sagan's current 4-1 time on the table, maybe the timing should be done to the frame?)
4-3: 0:57
4-5: 0:48
5-7: 1:15
6-1: 1:19
6-2: 1:14
6-3: 0:45
6-6: 0:43

All in all, very well done runs, smashing all the current SDA runs. As noted above, I did not time to the frame on these, so the 4-1 time I got is the same as the current SDA time. Even so, I give these all accepts, and I imagine 4-1's time is 1:13 is timed to the frame (I don't have the time to do this myself).

Quote:
So I'm up now.  And I definitely ACCEPT.  I love YI and am glad to see some competition!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Capt. Davis!'
Thread title:  
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Oh yes, beautiful Yoshi action! Looking forward to watching it and congratulations to Capt. Davis!
These are all amazing. Soo many subtle optimizations that had me HNNNGGGGGing the entire time I watched them.
superspeed- aronomous
Thanks to the verifiers and everyone for the feedback, glad you liked them!

Also I dont know who to talk to about this, but I want my statID to say Davis and not Capt. Davis
Not a walrus
Quote from Capt. Davis:
Also I dont know who to talk to about this, but I want my statID to say Davis and not Capt. Davis

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/editrunner/
superspeed- aronomous
Thanks so much UA