1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/YoshisIsland.html

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Any %) (Individual Level)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V good on all ILs, no cheating detected on any ILs.  I'd say all 5 of these are really well done.  I'm bad at detailed comments but zewing did very nicely on all of these.  Accept for all of them!  As for timing on each one, I would time 1-4 as 1:16, 3-6 as 0:43, 5-E as 1:37, 6-4 as 2:28, and 6-7 as 2:46, all agreeing with the times provided by the runner.

Quote:
Flippi

These ILs are getting pretty ridiculous. We're going to be down to frames soon...

Easy ACCEPT all around.

Quote:
Audio/Video: excellent:

1-4 (Burt The Bashful's Fort): Trihex-style gameplay, never seen this glitch before. This level, due to the glitch, is now a mix of levels 1-4 and 1-1 respectively. Time: 1:17.

3-6 (Forgot the name, can't read Japanese): even more Trihex-style gameplay. Time: 0:44.

5-E (Forgot the name, can't read Japanese): this level is harder than it looks, especially when you change from Skis to the Helicopter. How do you get that low without going too far? Amazing! Time: 1:38.

6-4 (Forgot the name, can't read Japanese): originally thought this was The Very Long Cave, but I mistaken this for 6-5. Regardless, this level looks like something Trihex did, it's that good. Never thought of doing the egg thing with the bouncy bubble thing. Fluttering over the lava for so long was a nail biter for me. I didn't think you were going to make it. Cheated death at the end of the boss. Time: 2:34.

6-7 (Forgot the name, can't read Japanese): bold move on the moving lift before the second Chomp. This level scares me to death because it's almost like you cheat death. You go so fast, it's like don't blink or you'll miss me. Never did understand what the invincible star's purpose was for when you get near all those Bandits, or maybe this is why. Never seen this glitch near the one-way only gate. Time: 2:47.

IMO, ZEwing did a great job in executing this run and I would love to see your other levels for this game. In the future if you attend a marathon with Trihex, I'm sure everyone would like to see a Yoshi's Island 100% race. Until then, keep up the great runs!

Accept immediately.

Quote:
1-4: Accept because that pipe glitch is so good. I can theoretically see a faster/less consistent method of setting up the glitch, but that's for the future.
3-6: I don't know what you mean by a more "precise" setup. Without bumping into the wall I was able to do the section just fine. Reject.
5-E: Accept.
6-4: I'm stealing your room 1 strats. Nice blob fight, there's room for improvement of about a second, but slightly more inconsistent. Accept still because to date I've never seen anyone get the perfect blob and lava skip together. This is about as good as it gets (I'd love if someone proved me wrong. Heck, I'd love it if I could prove myself wrong).
6-7: Got the platform jump, no complaints here. Accept.

A new 3-6 was sent in.

Quote:
Good now.

Quote:
The new version of 3-6 is good.

Quote:
Yup.

Decision: Accept all

Congratulations to Zachary 'zewing' Ewing!
Thread title: