1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MarioLostLevels.html

Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V excellent, gameplay looks legit.

Game started at 0:09, control gained two seconds later, axe in D-4 hit at 16:19.  If this is like most 2D Mario games, the SDA time would be 16:08 (a 30 second improvement on the current SDA time).

The runner plays things quite safe in B-2 and D-1 to avoid getting hit, and could have been more aggressive in D-3 where he did get hit.  On the whole though, this is an extremely impressive run.  Other than the issues in B-2, D-1 and D-3 there were only a few minor hiccups and impressively little slowdown.  Many of the tricks, like the quick koopa bounce at the end of 5-1, are anything but easy.  Oh yeah, and this run is deathless.

Accept

Quote:
First of all, I accept this.

His game play was indeed great, and it's a good accept for that.  It beats the previous by over 20 sec.  I just hate that the runner was so conservative after 8-4, trying to keep from losing the mushroom.  That was definitely a trade-off to ward off RNG, but the time he lost trying to keep the mushroom worked against him.  It's a definite improvement, but it's definitely improvable.  I'd like to see the runner (or competition) still try to beat this in my opinion.

Still: Accept.

I'll actually post some specifics later today... Never mind.  I don't see a need to.  The slowdowns are self-explanatory.

Quote:
This is a great run and a nice improvement over the previous on the site. Agree with everything the previous verifiers pointed out as far as conservative play after 8-4, however even considering this, it was a very entertaining watch and the runner was obviously well practiced. No signs of cheating and AV looks good.

When bringing the run into Adobe Premier I timed the run from first frame movement until the frame luigi touches the axe - at 16:07.6 which would be 16:07.

Accept

Quote:
Great run, had me nervous several times. As others have said, the run is deathless, although the player lost his mushroom on two occasions (D-1 and D-3). Audio and video qualities were great, no cheating at all (some may think that this run looks too good to be legit, might be TAS). Nonetheless the run itself is legitimate. Only thing is the player could have done away with the Wii pause screen at the end.

Great run all around. Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 奥村 'jibupo' 亮!
Thread title:  
Smörgåsbord
Congrats jibupo! I need to watch this! Cheesy
Hi! I'm andrewg!
Congrats!
HELLO!
Congratulations indeed.

What version is this?  FDS?  Wii VC?  All Stars?