Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Mario3.html

Super Mario Bros 3 (Any %) (Single Segment)
Super Mario Bros 3 (Any %) (Single Segment) [Warpless]
Super Mario Bros 3 (Any %) (Individual Level)

Verifier Responses
Quote:
Warps
A/V is fine, no cheating detected.

An improvement to one of the best runs on the site.  That says it all, really.  Accept

Warpless
A/V good, no cheating detected.

Control gained 12 seconds in, enters door at 53:08, so this is sub 53 - I'll put it at a high 52:55 (current run is 53:49), but I didn't time to the frame or anything.

World 1: No problems here.
World 2: The runner is a bit sloppy on the map; hardly any time lost but it doesn't look good.  Getting the hammer to skip three levels is obviously a big time saver, in this run it required a death to get the hammer bro on the correct side of 4-3 but I'm pretty sure that would still be considered good luck.
World 3: The fish almost got some noms in 3-8, but no time lost dodging or anything.
World 4: The runner got hit twice in the first fort, but that hardly cost any time.  Lakitu trolled with a spiny in 4-4, which would have been ideal otherwise.
World 5: Got caught on a block in the spiral tower, and lost P speed in 5-7.  Otherwise good.
World 6: You could say the runner just... *sunglasses* slid through this world.
World 7: The 7-1 skip took a few tries, but that's typical.  There's also an epic fireball dodge in 7-6 that needs to become a gif.
World 8: Only caught by OneHand, er, one hand.  Walked off a block in 8-1 then had to wait for a bullet bill, and missed the jump into the space above the one up block in Bowser's Castle twice, both of which cost a few seconds.

All in all though, this was a really good run.  Accept

IL's
A/V good, no cheating detected.

I haven't done any precise timing, but I'm pretty sure all of these actually are at least a one second improvement.  The only ones I'm not sure about are 7-1 and 7-7, because those glitches certainly could be done faster.  That said, I don't know the exact requirements to get those skips to work, but it's obviously not easy.  Both save multiple seconds, but 7-1 especially looks ugly no matter how precise the glitch is.

I'll withhold my judgment on 7-1 and 7-7 for now because it wouldn't be a fully informed decision.  Accept the rest though

Quote:
A/V is good on all videos, no cheating detected on any of them. Both the warps and warpless runs are very well done, and I give my accepts on both. I didn't bother to time either of them because I lack the time (haha) currently to really sit down and time them. As for the ILs, I didn't do precise timing on these either, but 6-Fort3 and 8-1 are vast improvements over the current IL table, while everything else, sans the 7-1 and 7-7 levels, are probably around a second of improvement, if that. I'm giving full acceptance on everything but 7-1 and 7-7. While those two are improvements in time to the current IL table, I also agree that they are sloppy to watch, despite the glitches saving so much time. I am more inclined to reject those two than accept them, just based on them being bad watches.

Quote:
Soup-er Mare-e-o Buthers!

K Flipster,
  Audio/visual/integrity seems all good.

I'm liking the full game runs.  They plays are quick and the warpless has some really great strats and execution.  I don't want to spoil anything, but damn.

As for the ILs.  I like all those too.  We're judging speed, not a beauty contest, time is time here.  So I'm going to ACCEPT all submissions here.  Even without the Hammer Bros suit...

Quote:
Any% I saw this live so no cheating! This beats Frezy_man's most legendary run, should have been accepted yesterday!

Decision: Accept all of it

Congratulations to Mitchell 'Mitchflowerpower' Fowler!
Thread title:  
Grats mitchflowerpower!!! Cheesy
LG
woooooooo thanks
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Congratunice! ^__^
Oddworld Speedrun Master!
Congrats for beating the World Records for any% and any% warpless!