List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
AdHoc: 2015-12-27 05:12:03 am
Congrats, Andrew! Keep trying.
And post here.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Oh wow, the things that happened when one is gone. Congrats to everyone mentioned!
All obsolete again already.

Crazy-JWILD is a crazy mofo
Wanted to throw this in here in case anyone is looking for a different (possibly easier) Bullet Bill glitch method.

Personally, I have been unable to replicate either darbian, Kosmic, i_o_l, or andrewg1990's methods very well, so I wanted to suggest an alternative that works for me.
Darbian has done it again!
Crazy-JWILD is a crazy mofo
Kosmicd12

So I was watching the super mario runners’ interview yesterday on the GDQ stream. They were asked which world they would skip if they could, and all 4 runners said world 5. But they didnt elaborate so I got curious. What is it in world 5 that speedrunners dislike?
Edit history:
ixfd64: 2018-10-14 04:09:01 pm
.: The one and only ixfd64 :.
Kosmic just set a new record: https://polygon.com/2018/9/26/17905822/super-mario-bros-any-percent-speedrun-world-record
Edit history:
AdHoc: 2018-11-14 11:15:28 pm
AdHoc: 2018-11-14 11:15:20 pm
AdHoc: 2018-11-14 11:15:09 pm
andrewg, are you still around? What do you think of the wave of crazy new records?

They’re talking about breaking 4:55 now:

I'm still playing.
Cool. And so, what do you think of these new records? We want a reaction!
Cool. And so, what do you think of these new records? We want a reaction!
Kinda nuts. I never expected the runs to get this low, but like any speedrun there's always some improvement left regardless of how good the runs are. The WR is still certainly beatable, but it's pretty much ridiculously good.
Edit history:
ItsPietroFelix: 2020-12-14 11:21:15 am
ItsPietroFelix: 2020-12-14 11:20:57 am
Oh don't mind me - I'm just watching
Since andrewg's 458, the record has been lowered or tied by Saradoc (Blubbler, i_o_l), Darbian, Kosmicd12, somewes, tavenwebb2002, LeKukie and Niftski.
Down to a 4:55.430, 3.5+ seconds (7 framerules and some frames) faster than SDA's record.

This game is nuts.
Master-88
This game never are done NEW WR By Miniland 4:55:314

Edit history:
Bowserjr2011: 2021-10-29 07:39:39 pm
is this the super mario bros for the NES thing

NVM it is. I think I may know a way to make a speed run that is WAY faster than most others. the way it could be done is by using the world -1 glitch in 1-2, but going in the middle pipe to go to 5-1. It may be faster.
Edit history:
ixfd64: 2021-11-01 11:02:46 am
ixfd64: 2021-10-31 10:47:33 am
I noticed that the page for Super Mario Bros. has not been updated for almost 10 years. It does not show any of the recent world records. Do runs have to be submitted to SDA to be included? Or do they not qualify for inclusion on the SDA website for some other reason?
Runs have to be submitted to SDA to be hosted. SDA has more requirements for the video than e.g. SRC. Some of the recent records were recorded with a camcorder or done on emulator, so they would not be acceptable for hosting here. But the main reason for the page not having been updated is because the record holders have not submitted to SDA.

Bowserjr, good luck with that. The warp to 5-1 is known, but the problem is there is no warp from there to world 8. If you find a solution to that, let us know...
Quote from ktwo:
Runs have to be submitted to SDA to be hosted. SDA has more requirements for the video than e.g. SRC. Some of the recent records were recorded with a camcorder or done on emulator, so they would not be acceptable for hosting here. But the main reason for the page not having been updated is because the record holders have not submitted to SDA.

I figured this was the case. Thanks for the confirmation!
Hi! I'm andrewg!
I heard there was a way to get 4:54 now.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2024-02-19 05:15:48 pm
I thought everyone knew that XD Cause at least for me, YouTube keeps me informed of these things (i.e. recommends related videos) even though I actually seldom watch speedrunning content over there. It's just that much a cultural juggernaut, this game heh.