Super Mario 63 (pc) (flash) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'TheMilkMan47'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Super Mario 63 (pc) (flash) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/mario63-v_XQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by March 18, 2015.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
Kewne: 2015-03-04 06:11:54 am
I have no experience of this game so I can't tell wether the glitches used are legit or not, but apart from that it looks to be a fast route and it's executed quite well. Can't see any major mistakes apart from the ones mentioned in the comments and I'd guess the timing is close to correct, I can't determine when you first get control of Mario but it's about the time mentioned in the comments. It would've been nice to not have the mouse on screen and during the ending cutscene the "save splits"-box and the splits can be seen briefly.
I'd say accept for this one.
Obscure games ftw
This game has come a long way since I submitted my run-there's a lot more glitches known about now, utterly destroying the game. The record currently stands at just under 9 minutes due to these improvements, according to the leaderboards this is the 4th place time.  There's a minute to save on this run, but it's a substantial improvement to my own run currently on the site.  Easy accept, but I do think the runner should keep trying to improve this time.

Quote from LotBlind:
In the future I wouldn't mind runners taking the time to move the cursor somewhere else before resuming the run.

It is mildly annoying but it does make the menu navigation quicker due to already having the mouse in position to click exit level or resume game.  If there wasn't an actual use for it, I'd feel a lot more strongly about it.
Well I don't see why this can't be accepted as an improvement. The old run as I recall was just barely accepted and I think it had at least as many mistakes. In the future I wouldn't mind runners taking the time to move the cursor somewhere else before resuming the run.

accept
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I'm not familiar with this particular game, however I did enjoy watching it.

Audio and video are good, no cheating detected.

Decision is Accept.
If nothing goes right, go left
Even if there a few mistakes in the run, it was still interesting to watch. I have not tried out the glitches myself yet, but since this game is pretty broken and I have seen other people doing these, I am sure that the glitches used in the run are legit. I also did not know that Tutorial 2 can be skipped by going Game Over, but it seems to be faster.

A/V looks good, although I can understand that the mouse on screen can be annoying sometimes.

All in all, I would accept this run, since it is a good improvement over the current run on the site.
Decision posted.