--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
I have no name: 2013-03-26 06:06:19 pm
I have no name: 2013-03-26 06:06:12 pm
Obscure games ftw
Some of you older members may remember I made a thread on this game over in Gaming Discussion about 2 years ago that ended up being speedrun discussion mostly.
Quote from HackJack:
I was attempting speedruns on this too. I did a 1-shine speedrun on Super Mario 63 in 41:23.89. (Minutes:Seconds:Hundreths)

This...this is not an any% time.  At least, not a very good one.
Quote from I have no name:
plenty of room for improvement (which I plan on making once I remove audio desync when recording PC games)

and I removed that desync about a year and a half ago.  About 6 months ago I did about 100 attempts of this game (resets are quick and the first tutorial is hard to do optimally Tongue ) and came out of it with a sub 15 time, a 14:59.  Sadly, a lot of the capture was lagged to the point of unwatchable.

Cut to today.  I did about a dozen attempts, and came out of it with a 13:31...with 3 deaths on the final stretch.  I'm going to keep attempting this for sub-13, probably sub-12:30 even, but I figured I might as well make a thread about it and link my current PB run (said 13:31) so all the current strats can be easily seen.

and no, this won't detract from my other speedrunning projects Tongue A session of attempts rarely tops an hour for me.
Thread title:  
Obscure games ftw
So now for some reason I can't do the tutorial 1 skip correctly, but I did route any% no major skips and get a pretty solid time.  It's akin to the 70 star category in SM64, as you simply don't bypass any star doors or go anywhere you aren't supposed to go before you can legally go there.

Next goal for the category: 55 minutes.  (note: the capture is a bit screwed up, I forgot to set the capture window correctly within SCFH and accidentally resized the window 2/3 of the way through, losing a bit of resolution.  It demonstrates the route I've selected very well though)
Obscure games ftw
Uhhh
Did a resetless unrecorded any%
Got a 13:09 and was +1:13 on my splits going into the escape
sub 12 new goal
No idea how since my initial goal was sub 15 and now sub 12 is the goal
Still kind of in shock
Obscure games ftw
Improved to 12:17 today, no video because I was really unhappy with the run, I lost 15 seconds on True Bowser and missed the ending sling star once.  I'll definitely keep any future PBs though because it's approaching a run 'd be happy submitting.  It's funny how far it's come since my initial goal was sub 15...
Edit history:
I have no name: 2013-07-08 12:36:39 am
I have no name: 2013-07-07 09:22:24 pm
Obscure games ftw
Pulled off the sub 12 with an 11:32, gonna submit this run ASAP.
Video:

Run is submitted if anyone's interested in taking care of the verifier side of things Wink
Looks amazing! I might verify it Tongue
Obscure games ftw
Well, the run is still waiting on the public verification thread to be posted, but there's been a new find for any%: if you game over in tutorial 2, you go back to the castle.  With the FLUDDs unlocked.  It saves about 10 seconds compared to the tutorial 2 in my PB, and that only has about 5 seconds I could save on it...it's a really dumb time save, but it makes the final Bowser level the entire run pretty much.

Also, my no major skips time got beaten, so I'm going to have to improve that.  55:13 is the time to beat, but I won't settle for less than a 53...but first priority is improving a certain other run I've been working on.
edit: apparently their game was running at 110% speed, adjusting their time to 1:00:44.  I'm still shooting for a 53 though Tongue