--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-04-25 11:13:35 am
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SuperDodgeBall.html

Super Dodge Ball (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Video looks good now.

As for the run, it's a pretty clear improvement over the old run, though the strategy hasn't changed much, the most noticeable difference being sometimes finishing off the final player with a different throw that's faster that wouldn't quickly give you the ball back if it were used in any other situation. Other than that it's mostly just grinding out the RNG, which makes a huge difference in this game. There's still one instance of the computer catching the ball so in theory this run could still be improved with even better luck, but this still cuts about a quarter of the time off the incumbent run, which is no easy feat. It was great watching feasel and DWD trade the record back and forth for a few weeks.

Accept.

Quote:
Not much to say about this run. Its faster than the previous run, is well executed, features some new optimizations with finishing moves, and manages to get pretty good luck.

Good luck, good execution, good run, good improvement.
Accept.

Quote:
Flip the Baller,

So I guess I've been out of it.  Where did the competition on this game come from?  When it was originally run, there were 2, maybe 3 people who even cared.  As stated, there really is no change, as spamming Sam's Super Frisbee Fatality is the only way to do this.  Time gained is from tighter execution and better luck in the computer making suicide pacts and grouping together.  Kenya was also very nice to the runner.

ACCEPT

Quote:
Great run.  Pretty good luck with the Swami Skip.  Manipulated good enemy grouping in most of the fights.  Used jump-shots for the finishing moves and utilized the line-men for finishing when appropriate.  Good quality.

Accept!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Darkwing Duck!'
Thread title:  
Waiting hurts my soul...
http://speeddemosarchive.com/SuperDodgeBall.html
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Thanks Zenic, was my run already forgotten?
Not a walrus
Nah, that bit's just easy to miss. It's not the first time. Tongue
Highly Evolved
The funnest thing on the run was predicting AI stuff.  Like in Iceland, I believe I hesitate slightly near the end because Helgi would catch in the situation I was in, so you had to have the screen scroll left so that when you threw the ball, it was more to the right of the screen, so Helgi couldn't react fast enough when he came into view.
1-Up!
I'll be very happy when/if the Game Page is automated because even though I'm coming up on 2 years doing verification I still overlook the game page now and then.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
It's no biggie, just needed to give you a hard time Flip.  Wink