--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Someone uploaded a bunch of speed runs to this Chinese YouTube clone:

http://u.youku.com/user_show/id_UMjc4MDc3NDQ=.html

It's probably more trouble than it's worth to get them taken down. On the plus side, he doesn't seem to have removed the statIDs.
Edit history:
I have no name: 2010-11-17 01:50:24 pm
I have no name: 2010-11-16 05:16:20 pm
Obscure games ftw
EDIT: 'Twas not an SDA vid, but a TAS (just as bad since it wasn't mentioned)
Fucking Weeaboo
It's the original SMB3 TAS by morimoto.  It's not an SDA speedrun, hence why so many "cheating" comments.

http://tasvideos.org/668M.html
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2011-02-03 08:52:48 am
Fucking Weeaboo
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterloyd2000#p/u

When I get responses like this, it really ticks me off.  There's tons of runs from SDA on his channel and he doesn't seem to care that I'm the runner and don't want it on his channel.

Quote:
That is actually a video from the website speeddemosarchive and not your video nor your intellectual property.

Becides I am gradually doing a collection of Megaman runs and it would not be complete without Mega Man 7.

Please do not be a douche and pester me further with this trivial nonsense.

Also, this guy is posting videos from SDA and TASVideos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSpeedrunArchive#p/u
hahaha.

yeah, don't be a douche, man. come on.
Fucking Weeaboo
I'll be a douche to those who are douches because I hate douches.  Wait, does that make any sense?
Wiiaboo
Can't you flag it?
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2011-02-03 10:33:46 pm
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Kiyura:
Can't you flag it?

I always just try to message the people first and politely ask them to take it down.  Most of the people that I've had to do this to generally comply without issue.  This is the first real jerkwad I've ran into.  So yes, I've reported him to YouTube.

Edit: And peterloyd2000 is gone.  Bye.
what a douche!
Fucking Weeaboo
I know.  I just killed a person's YouTube account.  How douchey of me.  Wait, is that even a word?
DS Dictator
Quote:
I know.  I just killed a person's YouTube account.  How douchey of me.  Wait, is that even a word?

Tell me your secrets, so I can take down one of my 1.5 year old nemesis once and for all!

Douchie is what Dr.Light refers to himself as a bad point on Megaman and Bass, aka very naive.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Greenalink:
Tell me your secrets, so I can take down one of my 1.5 year old nemesis once and for all!

Report them for copyright infringement. ^^;;  Since I hit them for multiple videos, they just flat out killed the account instead of just removing the videos.
1-Up!
Quote from Sir VG:

Bravo!
Cigar Man
Quote from Sir VG:
Quote from Greenalink:

Report them for copyright infringement. ^^;;  Since I hit them for multiple videos, they just flat out killed the account instead of just removing the videos.

Posting footage of a game company's video game without the company's permission seems like copyright infringement, does it not?
Edit history:
Kiyura: 2011-02-05 09:22:51 am
Wiiaboo
Quote from Vugmer:
Quote from Sir VG:
Quote from Greenalink:

Posting footage of a game company's video game without the company's permission seems like copyright infringement, does it not?

(Obligatory disclaimer that this is not legal advice...)
Though I can't speak for other countries, in America, copyright claim on a gameplay video would fall under "fair use" law. Under fair use, four factors are considered to determine whether usage of copyrighted material is fair use or not: commercial or noncommercial usage, the nature of the copyrighted work, the amount and substantiality of the usage, and the effect upon the work's value.

Commercial or noncommercial usage:
Casual or hardcore, gameplay videos are almost always made with no intention of profit. This certainly doesn't apply to speedruns or similar. The exception here might be a successful blog or online magazine making a video for use in an article, and that would fall clearly under fair use for different reasons (transformative, for review purposes, not a substantial portion of the product).

The nature of the copyrighted work:
This is an easy one. Video games are interactive products designed to be played. If someone makes a copy of whatever is required to get that playing experience, that is clearly copyright infringement. But a gameplay video provides none of that experience, and it doesn't even show all that you can get out of that experience. The very nature of video games means that none of the original intended use of the product is being transferred. However, there is very little precedent for this, so it could go several ways.

The amount and substantiality of the usage:
This part seems like it would weigh against speedrunners, who necessarily play through the whole game sometimes, but it is considered whether only "as much as needed" of the product was used. This could include (and has included in previous cases) the entire product.

The effect upon market value:
In past cases, this has been the overbearing factor. Basically, it is up to the copyright owner to show that the distribution of the infringing work has had, or would have, a negative impact on their sales. I don't think there would be any case at all here, not for a speedrun or a glitch video at least. This is related to the "nature of the copyrighted work" in that gameplay videos are not any sort of substitute for the actual product, and would not even remotely provide market competition. The only case that might be made here is that revealing certain parts of the game reduces incentive to buy the game. However, referring once again to the nature of the work, I think this is a poor case since they're video games and not movies.
Edit history:
Kryal: 2011-02-20 01:55:44 pm
from red to blue

tiki's mm3 run. i'll let him choose what to do with it, though. this guy also has blast corps, seth glass 2 and a few other runs. mm3 was just the one I found first.
Does it really matter?
It's not like he is claiming they are his and with his 30 views or so per upload doesn't seem like he has much of an impact either.
Ah well, not my runs, but I just find it a bit arbitrary to even bother with that channel/guy.
from red to blue
lol, knowledge is power bro.
Visually Appealing
http://www.youtube.com/user/StriferSpeedRumGames

This guy has taken runs for Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Mega Man X5, and Valkyrie Profile 2.
Edit history:
MatrixTN: 2011-04-20 09:33:53 am
MatrixTN: 2011-04-15 11:59:01 pm
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from Satoryu:
http://www.youtube.com/user/StriferSpeedRumGames

This guy has taken runs for Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Mega Man X5, and Valkyrie Profile 2.

I think the AoS (Dragondarch's Soma) predates having statids but I believe the X5 (Cremator/65's low) had them and they've been removed.
Sonical!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mikerulez101

This guy has uploaded several of SDA's speedruns to his YouTube channel.
Quote from Youtube:
YouTube account peterloyd2000 has been terminated because we received multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:
*Nicholas "Sir VG" Hoppe
*Nicholas "Sir VG" Hoppe
*Nicholas "Sir VG" Hoppe

Lol good job

A word of caution concerning fair use rationals, a company could probably successfully argue that a speed run containing all the cinema in a game(especially a story driven games) is a breach of fair use and shut you down. Nobody will actually bother to do that, but there have been far more restrictive measures taken—the Hughes estate preventing academic publications from quoting even a single stanzas of Plath's poetry— etc.

Youtube's community guidelines clearly state not to post "videos made by other users", so obviously you can shut people down stealing vids anyways.
Fucking Weeaboo
That guy was a jerk anyways. Tongue
Fucking Weeaboo
http://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoSpeedRun

Various runs from SDA.  StatIDs appear to be intact and says they're not his, but if letting people know in case they don't want them up on a foreign channel.
Edit history:
zallard1: 2011-06-24 03:54:43 pm
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Quote from Zeupar:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mikerulez101

This guy has uploaded several of SDA's speedruns to his YouTube channel.

I just got a video response request from this guy on one of my early Doc Louis sparring videos... with my SS Doc Louis run. Why on earth would I accept it, hahaha.

^ Even Doc laughs at how ridiculous that is.