Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 12 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
it's probably a lie but at least he took it down.
Highly Evolved
My guess is that he's a kid and doesn't realize what he did is stealing.
Edit history:
Manocheese: 2010-08-08 12:19:30 pm
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Quote:
Sorry just went to a shop i get this use computer i find this video's in the computer i never know that are yours but i want to say that I'm really sorry. And that mean that i need to sing off of You tube for 4 weeks if you want more tell me tomorrow is my last day. Sad

That's complete bullshit, but at least all the runs are gone now.

EDIT: This guy has runs of the following games:

Super Metroid
Super Mario Bros.
Contra 3, Metroid
Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros. 2
Turok
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Red Faction
Devastation
Speaking of stolen speed runs, I think this may interest people.

It's the Journey to Silius Speed Run by Ktwo. I commented this video saying "This is stolen and you didn't get permission to use it" but he removed my comment. He also says in a comment "I get through levels fast" as if he was the one doing the gameplay.

I havent looked at all his videos but it looks like he has alot of other reviews like a Megaman 1, 2 and 3 review with the most bizarre gameplay. For instance, his Megaman 1 video shows good gameplay where his Megaman 2 gameplay isn't good.
Thanks Raijin (I'm impressed that you managed to identify it as my run too). While I have more or less grown used to the idea of finding my runs here and there on the net as long as the statid is not removed, this guy actually pretended to be the one playing which I find very uncool. Anyways, I pm:ed him and he almost immediately removed the clip. He seemed pretty regretful as well.
Devastation
Quote from ktwo:
Thanks Raijin (I'm impressed that you managed to identify it as my run too). While I have more or less grown used to the idea of finding my runs here and there on the net as long as the statid is not removed, this guy actually pretended to be the one playing which I find very uncool. Anyways, I pm:ed him and he almost immediately removed the clip. He seemed pretty regretful as well.

No problem, glad I could help out. I recognized it almost right away because I just recently seen your run. I thought the first stage looked familiar but then when the first boss popped up, I knew for sure that it was yours. That was good that he removed it. Hopefully he doesn't have any more speed runs uploaded like that.
DS Dictator
Quote:
That was good that he removed it. Hopefully he doesn't have any more speed runs uploaded like that

That video isn't fully removed, he privated it Sad

"False" DMCA claim is the easiest way*

* It is a bit risky as it leads to the FBI but then again that video ISN'T his.
@_@
Quote from Greenalink:
"False" DMCA claim is the easiest way*

I wouldn't recommend committing perjury to take down a private video. Maybe that's just me.
gamelogs.org
lol perjury
what would be cool sometime is to collect a whole bunch of false dmca claims from a single company (probably one of the contractors) and present them all at once. would be especially interesting is if money could be made that way. so an ecosystem could develop with predator sometimes becoming prey. would certainly help to control the numbers.
Devastation
Quote from Greenalink:
Quote:
That was good that he removed it. Hopefully he doesn't have any more speed runs uploaded like that

That video isn't fully removed, he privated it Sad

You're right... Wow why do people always do that and think they can get away with it? Well, he might end up getting a banned YT account for it. I really don't see the point of having private vids though. That's almost as bad as not having it there at all.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Not sure where to post this.

I would LOVE for someone to explain this : link.

It's a rap sheet for a documentary film apparently released in 2007.  In key part, under the Additional Footage heading, "Nathan Jahnke    Joseph Wilcox    Adrian Feiertag"

So ... did they show footage from a speedrun or two in there?

Well, we all know Nate.  Joseph Wilcox (does he still go by Apathy?) did some Doom 3 stuff I believe, and I have done a few runs.  I am not sure what footage they would have used from my stuff ... either Jurassic Park, since it can be found in various places on the internet, or Condemned, since the movie seems to be about gangs.

Anyone ever seen this thing?  Recall what speedruns they used?  Needless to say, I've never heard of this movie and was never asked permission for footage.  I guess if they credited me, I don't mind, though.
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
I would LOVE for someone to explain this

Aliens.
watch the second trailer here:

http://vidalocaeng.blogspot.com/

looks like it's my prime 2 demo run. this is so weird. maybe it was lost in translation or something but i don't get the association with video games lol.
The Speedrunning Teacher
Found the movie itself on Megavideo and watched it (mostly, I was about 10-15 minutes from the end when I had to leave for work). They didn't use the game footage in the movie itself, but for that second trailer that nate pointed out.  There aren't any video game references in the movie itself as it focuses on the lives of a handful of gang members and what they are doing.

FYI, that PDF rap sheet notes archive.org as the location where they got the footage from on page 16.
Lol what the hell?  Yeah, I guess those creds were for the footage from that trailer.  Prime 2, Doom 3, and Condemned.  Okaaay? 

Yeah, I'm not getting the connection in the trailer either.  I guess they used those clips because of the lingo involving "scores" and "kills."  I'm surprised they went through the work of finding speedruns for that...
The Speedrunning Teacher
I'm surprised they went through the work of finding speedruns for that...

I don't think they were looking for speedruns in particular.  Perhaps high quality downloadable gameplay videos?
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
This guy has uploaded a number of runs, including
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Tomb Raider
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Diablo 2
  • Bomberman Hero
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
  • Crysis
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Quote from Zyre:
I'm surprised they went through the work of finding speedruns for that...

I don't think they were looking for speedruns in particular.  Perhaps high quality downloadable gameplay videos?

I know, but these are not located in what I would consider to be the most obvious places to look.  Meh.  Anyway, I guess the mystery is solved.
Edit history:
nate: 2010-08-18 09:00:00 pm
well, what are the most common game videos on the internet archive? it seems likely they got them off archive since they also credit prelinger archives which is also hosted on archive.
I'm sure they did.  I meant, I'm surprised they went to archive at all, with all the places on the entire internet with gaming videos.
so these people upload the videos then when someone says the videos are awesome they say they did it themselves, or they just upload it so that the videos are in more "mainstream" places?

because if it's the latter i don't see what the big deal is, as long as they credit of course.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Thanatos:
so these people upload the videos then when someone says the videos are awesome they say they did it themselves, or they just upload it so that the videos are in more "mainstream" places?

because if it's the latter i don't see what the big deal is, as long as they credit of course.

There's been discussion and reasons given somewhere in this thread. Some people don't care, others like controlling what they create for various reasons. Sometimes they want to be able to address comments without having to check someone else's channel, others feel random people will just assume the poster created the video even if the runners name is plastered everywhere, which I've seen. Also, some runners have already put their runs on youtube, so there's no reason for someone else to post it.
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2010-10-04 04:20:59 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
http://www.youtube.com/user/gamespeedrunschannel#p/u

Quite a number of runs, not a lot of views:
Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
Batman
Resident Evil Dead Aim
Resident Evil Survivor
Resident Evil 4 The Another Order
Resident Evil 4 Assignment Ada
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil 2 4th Survivor
Resident Evil 2 Leon B
Resident Evil 2 Claire A
Resident Evil 2 Claire B
Resident Evil 2 Leon A
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil Remake Jill
Resident Evil Remake Chris
Pokemon Snap
Duck Tales (Giel Goertz)
Contra (10:17)
Dragon Lair
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Super Smash Bros. Melee Classic Mode in 00:32 seconds
Super Smash Bros. Melee Adventure Mode in 03:15 minutes
Super Smash Bros. in 03:41 minutes
Donkey Kong (croc-doc)
Donkey Kong Jr.
Fallout 3
Fallout 2
Fallout (9:19)
Resident Evil Director's Cut Arrange Mode Chris 100%
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3 (10:48)
Waiting hurts my soul...
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterloyd2000#p/u

Another one... A whole bunch of Half-Life and Half-Life 2 runs. Looks like he just finished uploading the NES Mega-Man games.