Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Fucking Weeaboo
Dawn didn't because I wrote those notes almost 2 years ago, before I started doing that.  But all of my recent runs do have it in the copyright information.

Most people don't want to put up their email info because it just brings in the spam, unfortunately.

BTW, if some random guy at 61FPS can find my email information, contact me about an article he was working on, despite not having it up on either my YouTube account or here, I think anybody can if they try hard enough.  Yes, that did happen.
Let the music play!
Part 1 -
Part 2 -
Part 3 -
Part 4 -
Part 5 -
Part 6 -

New run thief, he has obviously got hold of Dragorn's 100% Majora's Mask run and tried to pass it off as someone elses.
The Dork Knight himself.
Quote from Marty81:
To take a completely random example, how do you propose that I get in contact with Alice's runner?
http://speeddemosarchive.com/AmericanMcGeesAlice.html

If I were someone who wanted to host the video on another page and needed to get in contact with the runner, I'd find someone in charge of the site and fire off an email without even bothering with the forum unless the About page (which nearly every site does have) doesn't have any contact information of any kind.

Honestly it's not that difficult to get in contact with the runner unless that person has completely dropped off the face of the earth. These people are just assuming they can get away with it without getting caught. They also have the fact that, since sites like youtube are so big, they can just keep making new accounts if they do get caught and punished. I so wish that youtube could do bans based on the owner of the internet connection (i.e. the actual person who pays the bills and has his modem connected) rather than just killing an account.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Marty81:
You mean like this run of yours, that has no contact links?

http://speeddemosarchive.com/DawnOfMana.html

And the fact that searching the members here for "Sir VG" and "Nicholas Hoppe" return nothing at all?

I know to contact Mike or another staff member if I really need to find someone, but random guy from the internet wouldn't know that. My point is just that the main pages on SDA hardly make it easy for someone to find the contact info for the runners.

You know what?  I think I'm gonna make it easier to contact me for stuff.  I'm gonna further tweak my copyright, and add a contact page on my speed run website (I'm testing it now, and the basics work for sending a contact form email).  Don't know what I can do for the old runs (like the previously mentioned Dawn of Mana), but really, I'm gonna make an effort to make it easier.
Quote from Lord_VG:
Quote from Marty81:

And the fact that searching the members here for "Sir VG" and "Nicholas Hoppe" return nothing at all?

I know to contact Mike or another staff member if I really need to find someone, but random guy from the internet wouldn't know that. My point is just that the main pages on SDA hardly make it easy for someone to find the contact info for the runners.

You know what?  I think I'm gonna make it easier to contact me for stuff.  I'm gonna further tweak my copyright, and add a contact page on my speed run website (I'm testing it now, and the basics work for sending a contact form email).  Don't know what I can do for the old runs (like the previously mentioned Dawn of Mana), but really, I'm gonna make an effort to make it easier.

That's probably a good idea. Anything that makes it easier to contact a runner directly is a good thing in my book. BTW, your Dawn of Mana run just happened to be the first one of yours I looked at.

I think the admins considered linking forum topics from run pages at one point, but decided not to because some runners don't post/aren't registered on the forums.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Marty81:
Quote from Lord_VG:
Quote from Marty81:

That's probably a good idea. Anything that makes it easier to contact a runner directly is a good thing in my book. BTW, your Dawn of Mana run just happened to be the first one of yours I looked at.

I think the admins considered linking forum topics from run pages at one point, but decided not to because some runners don't post/aren't registered on the forums.

Well, the verification forum didn't come into being until a few months ago, plus not every run has its own topic.  And the task of linking everything done to date will be very tedious for whoever does it.

Though it may become a feature whenever SDA 2.0 comes into being.  If it's still being worked on. ^^;;
DS Dictator
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bigbossking00
Retro Walkthroughs and speed runs.

'Stolen' Damien 'Dragondarch' Moody 100% Metroid

Also stolen:
Resident Evil 2. Claire-B run (US PS2 version) which is originally done by Damien 'Dragondarch' Moody,
&
SNES Toy Story run which is originally done by Joe Stanski's
Visually Appealing
someone should tell him it's the Genesis version.
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from Satoryu:
someone should tell him it's the Genesis version.

lol, what a dumbass.  Sega logo right off the bat.  Didn't that run have an SID?
DS Dictator
No it didn't have a Stat ID nor did the Metroid 100% run.
I didn't watch the Toy Story video before posting his Youtube Channel on here and it's even funnier now that I saw the Sega Logo :P.
You got a deletion wish?
He needs to be shot, BOTH of those had an SID (I knew Metroid 100 did but couldn't remember if Toy Story did).
Edit history:
RaneofSOTN: 2009-07-27 05:58:45 pm
I want off the ride....
http://www.youtube.com/user/dragonleper

He has stolen Lucid Faia's SoTN and SMW runs and claims they are his own.

edit: lol a repeat offender
Visually Appealing
he's old news, Rane. we've known about him for a long time.

XFUBX: it's definitely not.
You got a deletion wish?
Deja vu?  Jump on him again!
Edit history:
Lucid Faia: 2009-07-30 01:21:59 am
Yeah, I said it.
I go by "LucidFaia" on Youtube. This is my channel. I have no idea who the hell dragonleper is.
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from Lucid Faia:
I go by "LucidFaia" on Youtube. This is my channel. I have no idea who the hell dragonleper is.

Read through the first several pages.  Bonehead had your SotN run (which was current at the time).
Yeah, I said it.
I like how you can pause at the right moment in the first SOTN vid and see that his character's name is "Lucid."
sda loyalist
It's not like the people who 'steal' runs have much patience and dedication to editing the video. Otherwise they could redirect their energies to actually making a run! Roll Eyes
Yeah, I said it.
It doesn't matter anymore. His account is suspended and his videos deleted.

Victory!
DS Dictator
Quote from Lucid Faia:
It doesn't matter anymore. His account is suspended and his videos deleted.

Victory!

I'm been trying to get Chrizzz13 suspended by using Manocheese's list of Youtube Links method but nothing much has changed :(. Well at least those videos are not my published speed runs (and he hasn't uploaded anything for at least a month now)

Anyway here's a new SDA run theif :
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ioupopio

So far he has the PC Final Fantasy VII run & right now Ocarina of Time 100% (the current published one not BrianMP16's run).

The channel description is somewhat immature too:

Quote:
This is my personal channel where I can upload ANYTHING I WANT. Yeah! Actually, I plan to upload many speed runs of various games just to buff up on my editing skills, and thanks to youtubes "10 min" system, I have to limit how long these speed runs are. Keep in mind that some of them last an excess of 7 hours!

He adds his own logo but does give credit to the runner in the youtube playlist description.
Edit history:
Scepheo: 2009-07-31 10:29:55 am
Isn't there some sort of policy we can agree on with YouTube to get movies quickly deleted?

EDIT: AndrewG, is this your run?
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Scepheo:
Isn't there some sort of policy we can agree on with YouTube to get movies quickly deleted?

If it is, it's an old version of it.

Video on YouTube posted: October 26, 2006
Best time: 0:05:00 by Andrew Gardikis on 2007-04-10.

Either that, or the guy has the Delorean.
Yeah, I said it.
On Wednesday night, I sent an e-mail to Youtube's copyright service, as outlined in the original post (except that I linked to archive.org, as I never posted those runs on Youtube). On Thursday night, action was taken. Guess I had it easy.
Quote from Scepheo:

nope, it's mine... heh, heh.
Did I spot a thief or does the guy have permission/is it you?