1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/StarFoxAssault.html

Star Fox: Assault (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Estimated time: 45:38 from gaining control in mission 1 until screen turns black in mission 10 (in-game timer is inaccurate in level 9 due to the death warp and can not be used).

No cheating detected, this run is fully legit whole the way through. Audio and video are both synced and I can not find any errors in either one of them.

The gameplay is very good. The luck based parts has showed mercy in a lot of places. The only place where I find him stuttering a bit is to get through the first part of mission 7, but that is all because of those weird aparoids that I will never learn to fully understand (they ignore you sometimes and stuff like that). Anyway, the places where he loses the most time is because of luck based factors. And there are not many of them that are really bad in this run.

The run is very solid and way better than the current Assault run here on SDA.
Accept.

Quote:
A/V good, no cheating detected. I'll also say that the run was very well executed. During the parts where he was constantly boosting, you almost never saw the first notch of the gauge reappear. The game went very smoothly for him. I also agree with the time being 45:38. Accept!

Quote:
A/v looks and sounds great.

My general impression of the whole run was really damn good. Movement and routes are way more optimized than the old 2005 run. Even the autoscrolling is significantly improved due to a more optimal boosting method. Hell, the first level is 20 seconds faster because of that and a tighter boss fight.

Starwolf fight in Sargasso was damn fast. 'Nuff said

Bonus points for shooting Slippy and Falco during the Fichina autoscroller. Especially Slippy.

Sauria was dope. It only took 37 seconds to save the planet Tongue

Also really enjoyed the new sniper strats on Aparoid Homeworld.

I could go into depth on how much time the new runs saves over the old, but I think I'll just cut straight to the point and say it improves literally EVERY level, even the autoscrollers. The fact that this run timed in real time beats the current run's in-game time sum is just icing on the cake.

This run should be timed from the first frame player takes control (first frame you see the Arwing in the 1st mission) to the frame you lose control (last visible frame after Queen is dead and the screen is black). I get a time of 45.38.175, which is consistent with everyone else's estimated time. I recommend despite the different timing method, that this run obsoletes the current run. Accept

Quote:
I dont have anything to add. Easy accept.

Quote:
Loved the run, didn't notice anything out there. I feel the movement was a bit erratic in places, but the run came together really nicely. Definitely worth the watch.

Accept

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Zachary 'zewing' Ewing!
Thread title:  
Congratulations to a good run, Zewing! Nice to see the old one being replaced (it is supposed to be, at least) with this higher standard, no offence to the old runner. Keep it up!
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
sweet.  now to get the other 5 categories on SDA.