Spore () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'rowrow_'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Spore () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/spore-20151001/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
I'm not familiar with this game, but started to watch and eventually continued until the end. There is lots of stuff going on that would require game knowledge to fully understand. The run notes help out a bit though. The gameplay looks good, but not perfect. For an hour of play time, plenty of randomness and many decisions that need to be taken on the fly, it's expected that there will be a number of small mistakes.

There has been a previous submission of this game (also easy mode, but segmented) that was rejected. This run cuts the time more than by half. I haven't compared the two runs more than that though. I could also find a couple of other speedruns, but they seem to be played on normal and are much slower, so probably not a good comparison. All in all, I find it difficult to estimate exactly how good this run is, but there seemed to be constant progression and the run notes also indicate that thought went into the route. It would be great to hear what someone having played this game has to say, but right now this looks good to me.

Accept
The Audio/Video quality are very good with no noticeable glitches. The play quality (especially for a single segment run) is incredible. As the owner of the previously submitted run I 100% give this run an Accept and hope that it encourages more people to attempt to run this game.

The new routing is terrific and saves ~20 minutes in the space stage alone and through better play, and different objectives several more throughout the stages.

There are occasional hiccups where misclicks occur such as opening the Spy panel during the creature stage and during the click happy planet traveling during the space stage. But these are very small and are more so due to the unforgiving nature of this game towards speed running.

What makes this run really neat to watch is that the runner constantly is moving around, almost always towards a good next objective. With the amount of randomness that happens in the background like generating enemies and maps the runner does really well not spending time making decisions. Some time could be saved dealing with luck or buying fewer batteries if this run was segmented, but for a single segment run the RNG is very very good.

Great job on the run! I hope it gets accepted.
no more umbreons pls
The worst misclick is when the space ship arrives in creature stage. There is literally nothing you can do but switch to keyboard movement (W) since the creature locks onto the spaceship. That alone cost me sub 18 creature Cry
Decision posted.