stealinbread: 2014-10-27 02:12:11 pm
stealinbread: 2014-10-11 03:39:01 am
stealinbread: 2014-10-11 03:38:38 am
stealinbread: 2014-10-11 03:35:51 am
stealinbread: 2014-10-11 03:30:51 am
stealinbread: 2014-10-11 03:10:31 am
stealinbread: 2014-10-11 03:10:13 am
check your pantry

Speedrunning eXpo (SRX, for short) will be an in person, on-site charity marathon for the Wounded Warrior Project. Attendance is absolutely free, and 100% of all donations go to the charity.

Charity Info: The Wounded Warrior Project is a veterans service organization that offers a variety of programs, service and events for wounded veterans of the military actions following the events of September 11, 2001. It operates as a nonprofit 501(C)(3) organization with a mission to honor and empower Wounded Warriors of the United States Armed Forces, as well as provide services and programs for the family members of its registered alumni.

Unlike most marathons, this won't be 24/7. Instead, each day will be 12 pm to 11 pm (roughly), so every run gets a fair showing, and so both the staff and attendees have time to sleep and do other things as well.

When: March 10th - 15th
Where: Harbor Springs, MI
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Harbor+Springs,+MI+49740/

The specific location is a house, with a huge, well lit band practice room that can easily double as a marathon room. All runners and attendees will be given the address upon request.

Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/o6cvjgq

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/speedrunningexpo

For places to stay: There’s plenty of cheap hotels in the area - There is a nearby Best Western Hotel a few blocks down the road. As well, in the town of Petoskey, a bit south of harbor springs, the hotel rates are super affordable, and there is a nice downtown area with cool little places to get food and chill at. We’ll be talking to them over the next few months to see about group rates. If you’ve got any questions, just post below.

RUNNERS: ALL RUNNERS MUST BRING THEIR OWN CONSOLE, CONTROLLER, AND GAME. The only exception is the PC games on schedule, we have those pre installed and ready to go. Smiley

Also, skiing! There are a couple of places to go skiing during downtime - Nub's Nob, and Boyne Highlands (which offers hotel services as well).

We hope to see you there, whether it's in person or on stream!
Thread title:  
Games!
Dude, Nice!

Last ECSM was great, and I can't wait for this one Smiley

Submitted.

Also, SKIING HYPE!
You all can ski, I'm spending the majority of the time there working on audio so this event sounds amazing the whole way through.

And yes, I've already submitted my games!

ECSM 2015 HYPE!
I submitted a whole slew of runs. Ashamed I wasn't a part of the first one since I'm right in the area. Hopefully one of my runs gets accepted! This is hype and can't wait.
check your pantry
You're in the Michigan Area? We should hang out sometime Kefka! I'm liking the games you submitted. Smiley
Thanks! I live in Lexington Kentucky currently so I'm not too far out of your heck of the woods. I'd be down to hang some time for sure.
Also, if you need help with any of the marathon planning or etc, I'm game .
check your pantry
We're open to people helping with setup, emcee-ing, and chat moderation. Smiley
Can I pull out New Super Mario Bros. Any% Warpless and Shift 2? I have lost interest in these categories.
check your pantry
Of course, Gymfreak.
Even if my games don't get approved, I'm still excited to be the main Emcee of SRX 2015!

Radio voice HYPE!
check your pantry
Hey Kefka14, you still down to do some runs?
Id be down to submit some castlevania runs, all sorts of different games, if there is a strong enough interest in it. If so, then the 4 hour trip might be worth it :p I could also help with other junk too
check your pantry
Please do Komrade! We would love to have you Cheesy
Sweet will submit some over the next week or so.
Ahh... shoot, I wish I had known that this was in Michigan so that I had paid more attention (though I wouldn't go as far as calling it "Northern", being raised in the UP :p).

Are you still looking for submissions? I see that I missed the date in the title, but I could offer a few games. I could also offer other assistance if it's too late to submit anything.
check your pantry
Go ahead and submit, CacheLine. Any help and more runs are both appreciated!
Edit history:
stealinbread: 2014-12-11 07:38:14 pm
check your pantry
Hey CacheLine, I noticed you applied for FF4 any% no 64, and wanted to race. Would you instead be willing to do commentary?

Alternatively, can you run pure any%?
Edit history:
CacheLine: 2014-12-12 12:16:52 pm
Commentary would be perfectly alright by me. I'd rather do that than run the game, I think Smiley

Looks like the deadline has been updated, so I'll try to submit another game or two by the end of the month. I'll see what I can knock the rust off of by then.
check your pantry
Sounds good! Smiley
aka theenglishman
Whereabouts is the location aside from the name of the town?
check your pantry
Sun Valley Drive is the road. It is quite easy to find!
aka theenglishman
Is this a hotel, a gymnasium, or a hostel or school of some sort?  I need specifics so I can plan out everything in advance.
check your pantry
This is a house. We have a huge bandroom that doubles as a marathon room.
I only just noticed this recently, but I live in MI.  I'm going to have to think over what games I'll offer (and not forget about the deadline), but I should be able to make it up there.