List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II (Any %) (Individual Level) [Sonic]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I don't really have too much to say. I watched all the videos a few times, they were very entertaining and very skillfully pulled off. His execution was great.

Audio, video, etc was fine on my end. I didn't notice anything that struck me as odd. Seems legit.

It is a little sad that a few of these times have been beaten. Not by much though, I think the biggest difference I saw on Xbox Live was around 2 seconds. I don't think a few times beaten by a very small amount is reason enough for a decline, even though it's IL.

All in all, I would say to accept it. The run is a lot of fun to watch, and he managed to pull it off quite well. Sky Fortress 2 and 3 were great, especially after act 1 fun.

Quote:
A/V OK, gameplay is legit.

Only issue to bring up:  Super Sonic times are tracked by the game; should SS be ignored, allowed, or should they have separate IL charts?  If SS is allowed most of the bosses should be rejected due to the double damage SS does to them, but otherwise everything is okay.

Sylvania Castle 1
Hooray for strats that can't be done in SS runs.  Oh well.

Sylvania Castle 3
0:37 - Is it really faster to break tagroll and re-enter it immediately, instead of falling and hitting the spring?  Or does that spring not send you high enough vertically to get up there?  I can't remember.

Sylvania Castle Boss
At least this boss lets you get multiple hits in per cycle.  Doesn't make it a good boss by any means, but eh.  I'm still surprised you got three consecutive hits out of him though.

White Park 1
0:49 - I'm sure I recall someone mentioning it being possible to land in that snow without hitting the ground first, but I also recall it being painfully hard to do.  Oh well.

White Park 3
Worst water level to grace a Sonic game ever.  I wish I could make it end that quickly.  :<

White Park Boss
Holy hell, 4:3 feels cramped when all the other videos are 16:9.  Not that you can do much about it...
Too bad you get shafted by the iOS/Console version differences, but oh well.

Oil Desert 3
0:51 - Breaking tagroll feels weird, but I recall it sending you around the loop in the wrong direction and wasting time, so...

Oil Desert Boss
I had to watch this at 3x, sorry D:
(I find it amazing - and sad - that this boss manages to be longer than the final boss, especially given all the waiting you have to do there between hits.)

Sky Fortress 1
If playing in Score Attack were allowed it'd be possible to get a faster time there, obviously.

Sky Fortress 2
1:02 - That tagroll is still amazing.  You showoff.

Sky Fortress 3
0:29 - NO SECOND TAGROLL, REJECT
Seriously, though, I still think it might be faster if you skip the loop after doing it.  Of course it's a painfully difficult tagroll, so...

Death Egg Mk.II 1
Someone else can make jokes and comparisons to Mohawk & Headphone Jack, I'm not going to bother.
1:09 - I question if tagrolling here is slower than just running due to the startup delay and how quickly you leave it.  (You're only on the ground for three seconds or so, after you hit the spring it stops mattering.)

Death Egg Mk.II Boss
After all the buildup, Tails does end up breaking this boss, doesn't he?

Overall
Accept, of course.  Fantastic play, only a few hangups.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Paraxade!
Thread title:  
grats parax! <3
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
*insert Parax's customary congratulatory quote here*