1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Sonic2.html

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Any %) (Individual Level)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V: Looks fine for all ILs
No Cheating from what I can see

Onto the ILs:

Chem Plant 1: I feel it looks very well executed with the "screen advance" (I call it that cause I don't know the actual term, only that it speeds you up) technique and hitting the jump to the shortcut looked well, too. *Saves 2 seconds from time on IL table*

Death Egg: Well, what can I say? Metal Sonic like usual, but then a ONE-CYCLE Robotnik. Granted, I know that's risky in a single-segment (which, of course, this isn't and why it's more expected here since you can just reload if you fail it) but seeing it here is enough for me to accept it. *Saves 1 second from time on IL table*

AR2: 0_o Very well done. Uninterrupted roll through underwater, everything flowed smoothly AND early Boss finish?! If you can't accept this, something ain't right! *Saves 1 second from IL table*

Overall, I'd say these ILs were done very well and feel that, unless there's any bigger tricks and strats up the runners' sleeves, these won't need to be improved any time soon.

ACCEPT!

Quote from Paraxade:
Uh.. I actually can't verify Mike's run because I don't know AR2 at all. But hey, it looks really cool and it's faster than Stanski, so.. accept I guess?

Also, Accept on my own runs. >_> <_<

Quote:
A/V good, no cheating detected

CP1: Some very precise slope jumps and overall excellent play here.  I didn't realize until just now how to do the jump before the springboard, but I've been using that technique in CP2 for a while now so I probably should have realized it.  Either way it's good to see somebody beat that stupid block outside a TAS.

AR2:  This is indeed an ideal time for the route, as the comments state.  And the faster route is stupid - as the runner says in his comments "good luck" if anybody goes for that one.

DE:  Looks like this one saved a few frames off stanski's very low 43 because of a better spindash at the end.

Easy accepts, all

Quote:
A/V Is all groovy. No cheating detected.

CP1: Very smooth, really can't ask more for this level.

AR2: Start goes well, gets the jump, gets the boss quick-kill, easy.

DE: Very nice execution of the insanely hard one-round kill.

Easy acceps all round.

Quote:
Audio Quality: Good
Video Quality: Good

Just accept all of them. They are all really smooth and very well done. I got no complaints here.

Quote from mike89:
Formalities

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Paraxade' and Mike 'mike89' McKenzie!
Thread title:  
Make it so.
Damn it why can't I spell Accept properly.
<(^_^)>
odang