Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Sonic2.html

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio Quality - Good
Video Quality - Good

Saw this on stream already, This is an easy accept. Everything was done with near perfect execution. I don't see any jarring mistakes besides AR2 which didn't seem to cost much time.

Quote from RoboSparkle:
A/V good, there's a few weird lines at the bottom of the screen throughout the run, but as was pointed out to me when I asked about HDL's stream, that just means the run's being done on an original genesis.

The run was impeccable.  Despite unfortunate happenings in AR2 and Met1 (both of which were recovered fantastically) the levels are at or near IL standard which is insane when you consider the number of tricks mike uses with very small windows of success.  Actually the WF is better here than the current IL on SDA, somebody should do something about that!

Easy accept.

Quote from CyberBotX:
A/V good, no cheating detected. I think for this being done by mike89, acceptance is a formality. Even with the small mistakes here and there, the entire run is very well done, and I loved the glitch with the cutscene at the end of Wing Fortress because of the slope glitch. I'm surprised that time can still be saved even with the amount that has already been saved by this run. But as I said earlier, accept!

Quote from ReFracture:
Video: Good
Audio: Good

The biggest mistake was the boss of Aquatic Ruin 2. Only other nit pick is the delayed start in Emerald Hill 2. All other mistakes noticed were very trivial and did not cost much (if any) time (Low bumper in CN1, early blind jump in AR1, things like that.)

A very impressive display of skill, Hill Top 1 and the underwater section of Aquatic Ruin 2 (Getting through it without looping the music? Wow) in particular are very difficult segments to do well, let alone as well as this.

A very easy accept.

Quote from AlecK47:
A/V good, no cheating detected.

This run is amazing, plain and simple.  Accepts really don't get much easier than this.

There may not be much to say, but nevertheless I offer some food for thought:
Stanski's 18:12 was and still is a damn good run; it stood for over four and a half years for a reason.  The four biggest time savers added since the 18:12 (level wraps in OO2, Metro 2 and 3, and the slope glitch in WF) all together save close to two minutes from optimal times without them.  This run is 2:16 faster than in the 18:12 in those four levels... which means 38 seconds were gained elsewhere.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Mike 'mike89' McKenzie!
Thread title:  
SEGA Junkie
That's one quick turnaround. Thanks everyone!

As RoboSparkle mentioned, the Wing Fortress time does in fact beat the old IL for the stage - it's possible to take a couple more seconds off it but for now it makes more sense to just submit that, as it won't require additional verification Wink
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-12-06 05:52:25 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2013-12-06 05:51:21 pm
Not a walrus
<3 the new verification response system, I had to hit about 5x fewer buttons to post this. Wink

Also <24 hours from when I sent out the PM to when the response could be posted is a nice feeling, especially since I sent the PM out in the middle of the night.

Edit: Just to give you an idea of the rapidity of this, as of right now, the run is STILL LISTED as needing verifiers, and was on the top of the list. (Going to go fix that, obviously...)
The Great Farming Empire
..didn't I post my verdict just this morning? lol (btw, I'm Verifier 1).

Congrats Mike!
Formerly known as Skullboy
Congrats Mike! May the Sonic mastery continue.
Congrats Smiley
MIKE IS BAD
Insane Killer Robot
It's a Sonic game, of course the verification would be fast. Tongue Congrats Mike, and if you are the one to continue bringing the time down, good luck!
Edit history:
lecorbak: 2013-12-07 01:36:45 pm
Vanilla H is mai waifu
When it's Mike, you already know that's an awesome run. :V
No need for waiting 1 month for that. :V
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
So, have we achieved a new WR for verification?  Considering the run was completed a few days ago (on the other hand, I think most of us had watched mike's YT vid before the verification thread came up anyway!)

Anyway, the WF IL is now very much up for grabs so if you want to get a Sonic 2 run on SDA then you have very little time left before mike or TimpZ or someone optimises it properly! Wink
DS Dictator
Dynamite Headdy by Zyre back in 2011 iirc was verified in under 24 hours, using the old verification system :o.
So about those games that don't get updated runs because people are like "by the time this gets through verification it's not a good run anymore", eh?
Vanilla H is mai waifu
Quote:
Dynamite Headdy by Zyre back in 2011 iirc was verified in under 24 hours, using the old verification system Shocked

maybe but it's a new category of verification here.
<(^_^)>
well crap. that's pretty sick.
Make it so.
Quote from zebdal:
Quote:
Dynamite Headdy by Zyre back in 2011 iirc was verified in under 24 hours, using the old verification system Shocked

maybe but it's a new category of verification here.

True, but it most definitely doesn't obsolete the old record as the categories are significantly different Tongue

I was part of that Headdy verification and it was sick fast haha, pity I missed this one!
I don't have a frame of reference for how long it used to take to verify runs, but that's really cool that it got through that quickly.

Congrats on your run Mike89.
Quote from Onin:
So about those games that don't get updated runs because people are like "by the time this gets through verification it's not a good run anymore", eh?

The issue isn't and never has been verification for most games. It's always been relatively quick for well known games.