Edit history:
Flip: 2013-10-10 11:11:17 am
Flip: 2013-10-10 11:10:27 am
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Sonic3Knuckles.html

Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Any %) (Single Segment) [Character: Tails]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio & Video Is Fine Except for a lag in a part of the video for 5 seconds, I don’t  know it was my computer or the file. Im Gonna Check that.

Good Run. You abuse the glitches of the game is a good thing. In various levels you lost some time (Seconds) but that was not of much importance.  Everything for me is good. So i accept the Run. Good a excelent run.

Decision: Accept

Quote:
A/V good, no cheating detected. The run was awesome, even with the small mistakes listed in the run comments. I think even with all the times I've seen S3&K runs, this one still had some stuff that I went slack-jawed for. Accept!

Quote:
A/V good, saw a very minor bit of screen tearing during SO2 (25:31 in the video, 1:33 level time) and the aforementioned horizontal line under the video the whole time, but it's a minor blemish so not too bothered.

Ultimately there's nothing I could mention in terms of the gameplay or levels that the runner hasn't already covered in his own comments.  I got 25:27 by adding up the level times which is how this game is timed.  There's a couple of unfortunate errors which have a few seconds of time loss - although the runner reckons that it's theoretically possible to improve this time by a MINUTE with current strats, anybody who actually attempts to beat this run by any margin, let alone a minute, will have their work cut out for them.

As of the time of writing (1st Oct 2013), the runner actually beat this time twice and achieved 25:04 and he's still gunning for that elusive sub-25 so I hope he resubmits if there's a good quality video of it.  Having said that, this run represents a marked improvement over the run currently on the site and needs to go up!

accept

Quote:
A/V good, no cheating detected.

This already godly run has been beaten by a significant margin, but the runner wants that sub 25.  So do I.  Better to have this run up in case it takes a while.  Accept

Quote:
A/V is fine, cheating is readily apparent because no human can possibly be as good as HDL at this game.

Basically what the verifyer above said, this run is glorious and yet it has actually been (considerably) improved already with multiple sick looking optimisations.

This easily deserves an accept and we can only hope that the submittable sub-25 comes soon, looking at you MH1.

Quote:
Quote from verifier:
A/V good, saw a very minor bit of screen tearing during SO2 (25:31 in the video, 1:33 level time)

The game actually does that when you fall from up there. No joke.

Been waiting for this run for many a year. There's nothing left to say to HDL because all the improvements I would point out, he's already made!

Accept in the strongest terms possible.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Adrian 'HDL' Perez!
Thread title:  
Congrats HDL.

Hope this sets the precedent that you can still submit a run even if you're planning on working actively for an improvement.  Don't let the quest for perfection keep outdated runs up on the site! 
Hi!
Congrats!
SEGA Junkie
Quote from garik16:
Hope this sets the precedent that you can still submit a run even if you're planning on working actively for an improvement.  Don't let the quest for perfection keep outdated runs up on the site!

Especially runs with shitty audio. Tongue

Congrats HDL!
Thanks y'all.  Wink

Quote:
horizontal line under the video the whole time

It's in Mike's videos too; that comes straight from the Genesis.  You can think of it as a telltale sign of playing console (doesn't appear on emulator).  Tongue