Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SniperGhostWarrior.html

Sniper: Ghost Warrior (ntscus/pal/pc) (xb360/ps3/pc) [Any %] [Individual Level] [Easy]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'ImEliteGlitches'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Sniper: Ghost Warrior (ntscus/pal/pc) (xb360/ps3/pc) [Any %] [Individual Level] [Easy]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/SniperGhostWarrior-20220828/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2022-09-26 10:41:33 am
Well, I've been tardy with the next update but the silver lining is we can post these together with the SS run. I'm always very pleased to see multiple runs in the same update.

Training is not available as an IL?

Out of curiosity, here's how much better these ILs are compared to the SS times the old IL times off the gamepage:

One Shot One Kill (1:13): down 6 to 1:07

No Man Left Behind (1:48): down 23 to 1:25

Dangerous Grounds (2:34): down 6 to 2:28

The first sniper shot you take - how did I miss the first time around the game has bullet trajectory modelling? Is the wind random? I think Sniper: Elite doesn't bother with realism on the lowest setting.

Take Down The Rigs (2:01): down 5 to 1:56

At 1:01 - I still can't decide if that's supposed to be "They're blind as bats" instead.

An Alliance to Save Rodriguez (1:57): down 3 to 1:54

Here you seem to have improved on the previous WR by 3 seconds then cause in your SS notes you said that 1:58 was 1 s slower than WR.

Weaken The Regime (4:55): down 18 to 4:37

3:46 – Here up to 5 seconds can evidently be saved by getting that jump first try. So this is just from the same SS run? That's a bit unlikely. It says in the SS run notes "Fantastic level, 12s off of the IL WR." Why aren't you able to get closer to the WR?

On Your Own (3:08): down 9 to 2:59
SS notes said that run had the WR at 3:07 yet you managed to save 8 seconds.

A Simple Rendezvous (1:18): down 5 to 1:13

Steal From Under Their Noses (1:09): down 7 to 1:02

The End Is Near (2:08): down 9 to 1:59

The Hunt Is On (2:12): down 2 to 2:10

Steal From Under Their Noses Part II (1:16): down 5 to 1:11

A Marksman At His Best (4:47): down 2:37 to 2:10

Guardian Angel (2:24): down 15 to 2:09

The Showdown (3:48): down 13 to 3:35

Seek And Destroy (1:02): down 3 to 0:58

So yeah, can you comment on Weaken the Regime?
Edit history:
ImEliteGlitches: 2022-09-26 09:44:31 am
ImEliteGlitches: 2022-09-26 09:44:13 am
Quote:
Training is not available as an IL?

It is, however the WR will always tie at 45s due to the NPC always finishing his dialogue at a specific point - so there's no point in me submitting for that IL as the runner, Judgy has already . + the IGT that appears at the end of each mission does not give miliseconds, so, and I guess this applies for some of the other segments; it's very likely that in my attempts I may had beaten my time(s), but there's not really anyway I can know for certain.

Quote:
The first sniper shot you take - how did I miss the first time around the game has bullet trajectory modelling? Is the wind random? I think Sniper: Elite doesn't bother with realism on the lowest setting.

Have no idea about how the wind works, I wanna say it's the same every time, but I can't say for certain, admittedly I kinda winged this level when attempting it.

Quote:
Here up to 5 seconds can evidently be saved by getting that jump first try. So this is just from the same SS run? That's a bit unlikely. It says in the SS run notes "Fantastic level, 12s off of the IL WR." Why aren't you able to get closer to the WR?

This is indeed taken from my SS run, the previous WR was 4:49 at the time I achieved it. I have tried this level numerous times since I got the 4:37, but I kept getting more 4:37.

So as to explain why the segmented run times are a lot better (than the old), quite simply: I gave them more attempts + the routing has been improved upon. I can give comments for the ILs specifically that have had routing improvements made, but that will have to be done at a later date.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2022-09-26 10:46:44 am
Right, 5 billion runs later I can't remember which runs were new and which improve on existing runs. Didn't even think to check the gamepage but yeah, there they are, Judgy's old runs. That's a better point of comparison so I changed my notes to reflect on those times instead.

A/V: Same slightly muddy graphics in this game but encodes seem fine (watched HQ).

Gameplay: Small hiccups but that's it. Lots of fast/lucky shooting and very little getting stuck anywhere on the whole.

Can you use the wind in any mission to your advantage like shooting someone who you can't even see behind the corner? Didn't seem there was a lot of moments like that.

accept as improvements to existing table, which gets almost completely wiped.

...and yeah, feel free to submit those run comments whenever you can. Within the next month would mean we could delay the update that long, otherwise we'll just add them in afterwards (and point that out to people).
Edit history:
ImEliteGlitches: 2022-09-26 05:45:50 pm
ImEliteGlitches: 2022-09-26 10:52:26 am
Quote:
Can you use the wind in any mission to your advantage like shooting someone who you can't even see behind the corner? Didn't seem there was a lot of moments like that.

Not as far as I'm aware, the bullets travel almost entirely linearly, the wind only changes the direction of it slightly (at the end of the trajectory). Nothing crazy like that, no.

You know what: I think I'll just start doing the comments now, as I said they'll only be for the levels that need it, so 3 or 4 at most, simply due to the fact that most of the level times have been improved due to faster execution of... everything.

edit: 00:45 27/9/22 - comments are done
Okay, I see your notes. Which part of Steal from Under Their Noses do your comments apply to?

Oh and... That's a good avatar.
The very last jump I do - about 50s in.
Sorry, I meant are you talking about part 1 or part 2 of that mission? I'll just edit that into your notes for the viewer's benefit.
Edit history:
ImEliteGlitches: 2022-09-30 10:09:45 am
ImEliteGlitches: 2022-09-30 10:06:19 am
ImEliteGlitches: 2022-09-30 10:06:06 am
Part 1 of course. I figured that as the level name itself ingame was devoid of "Part 1", that I should do likewise.

Oh and BTW, I thought I would mention an observation I have found watching these segments back: the spellings used during the subtitles are inconsistent, e.g. Vazquez is sometimes changed to Vasquez, and similarly with the spelling of the protagonist, Razer-Six-Four - Raser-Six-Four.
Okay, fair enough.
Decision posted.