1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Sniper Elite V2 (Any %) (Single Segment) (Cadet)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Comments:

Audio/Video: Good
Cheating: None

I'll save the runner the process of running through each level individually as I feel the problems with this run blanket most of the missions. 

The good

The general routing by the runner is good, there is no question about that. The first two missions go well, but problems start to arise on Mission 3, the Kaiser-Friedrich Museum. Up until the runner blows up the bridge, the level goes well, and (I think) the runner makes use of a glitch efficiently that I had not known of before (clipping into the bridge and warping?).

The runner also makes use of collaterals (two-in-one shots) to save time, something which I was happy to see. Weapon selection is also the most optimal it could be in my opinion.

The improvable

I just feel the execution of the sniping could have been a lot better. I have overbearing concerns about the execution of the second half of mission three, as well as all of mission four. I understand it's hard to hit a moving tank in that game, but taking around 8 or so shots to hit it's fuel tank does not look very optimal. Furthermore, hits on enemies seem to take sometimes upwards of four shots to get a kill, when looking at the first two missions, I know the runner has the ability to do better better.

The runner's performance does pick up a little after these two missions, but misses are frequent and looks improvable.

---

Verdict: Reject, but keep trying, because I know you can get a good run.

Quote:

A/V was good - with exception to comments below...
No cheating as seen.
However - I do note that this is NG+. This is as the Gewehr 43 rifle is used on level two, and it is unavailable until level five. (http://sniperelite2.wikia.com/wiki/Gewehr_43)

As my experience with this game is minimal, I will make more general comments as opposed to specific comments as I do prefer.

The routes taken appear to be reasonably optimal, at least to my eye. There is not serious waste of movement. The missions for the most part seem to be good in regards to completion.

Serious errors have already been mentioned by my co-verifier, namely that tank shot really stuck in my mind. I also felt that in some stages, use of the automatic (Thompson) would have been more effective.

My overall decision however is to reject. and this is due purely to one simple flaw...

Throughout the run, there are Steam popups! No offense, but if you are recording for SDA, turn your Steam OFF! It really does not look good to see! If the popups were not there, I probably would have lent towards an accept, even if a narrow one. But those popups really tilt the balance for me personally...

Aesthetic choices won't be a factor in my decision.

Decision: Reject

Reason: This run feels like it's not submission-ready. Too many errors.

This run will be available for a month. After that this link will no longer work.
http://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/360
Thread title:  
It seemed like a pretty good run to me.