--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Woah.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Hey, so I've been running single segment again for SPO lately. Actually got a PB tonight with a 2:46.49!

http://www.twitch.tv/zallard1/c/6784032

The luck was obscene for the early half of the game, but I had a pretty critical mishap on Mad Clown that cost me about 4 seconds. It would have been a reset if I weren't outrageously far ahead by that point so I kept going. I missed one of the counters on Narcis, but he also gave me a pretty poor pattern overall. Aside from those two bouts, the rest of the fights were extremely lucky. I'm not too happy with the execution errors, so I'll keep going after it and see what happens. It's getting to the point where IL strategies will probably start making appearances in certain spots in the run just because of what is required to keep pace against this.
Edit history:
sinister1: 2015-06-04 07:15:21 am
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
PO games are in the minority where luck can get you a PB more than perfect execution in some situations. I remember your last run having virtually no mistakes. It would be pretty epic if you get that again with even middling luck and beat this time by a little. I hope you stick with attempts, it is fun to watch your strategy evolve to meet the increasingly stringent time requirements.

EDIT:
GRATS!
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Thanks sin! I'm probably going to keep going until either I hit a wall with improving, or until I get a basically perfectly executed run again. I'm hoping I can at least get a run that ultimately has the fast Dragon Chan heal (~7.5 seconds vs ~12 seconds for bad pattern), as well as a decent Bob Charlie (sub 8 seconds preferable). Hopefully I'll get another shot at Clown/Macho/Narcis/Hoy that's even, because keeping pace against the early splits are going to pretty much be impossible unless a miracle happens.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Improved the run again to 2:44.38!

http://www.twitch.tv/zallard1/c/6805289

Zero execution errors this time! Run is missing the fast Dragon Chan heal, which is pretty much the biggest chunk of time that can be gained now. Also got the TAS strategy for Bob, which is incredibly rare. I will still try to do attempts on this though. I'm really wanting to get a run with the Dragon Chan quick heal, or something completely ridiculous after. I... might actually have to aim for sub 2:40 depending on how things go. I don't know if I will be able to get it that far, but either way this run is a strong, strong improvement that I'd be happy with submitting if I won't be able to beat it.

Also something else noteworthy is that I found a buffer for the frame perfect delayed punch on Bear Hugger, making the TAS strategy technically viable for single segment runs. I had this Minor Circuit earlier today where I was a mere 6 frames behind the TAS going into the Bald Bull fight, which is pretty insane.

http://www.twitch.tv/zallard1/c/6805321

It's still very difficult to get the dizzy, since the gut punches are required to be even more strict than they already were in order to dizzy him. I'm probably going to switch between using the new strat & the old strat depending on how many times he keeps me from continuing runs, similar to how Von Kaiser was handled in MTPO before McHazard simplified him greatly.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
So I improved this time by about a second since the last time I posted here.

https://www.twitch.tv/zallard1/v/60651236

Now it sits at 2:43.37, with mostly good luck outside of Dragon Chan's kicks. My last few PB's also had some kind of A/V issues, but this one finally has a decent recording to compliment it. Might submit this run, I'll have to think about it. Chances are I'll want to take a break from this game, and if that's the case, I'll submit it.
Edit history:
Akiteru: 2016-12-07 08:34:26 pm
I've been working on this for a few days now...

Hoping for the planets to align sometime relatively soon.