Snapshot (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Aaron_Haynes'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Snapshot (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/SnapshotSSany%252209.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Jan. 30, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Hmm..

Into the Spikes part 2: It LOOKS like you should be able to boost into the exit at the end, but not sure.

Can't really see anything else from a planning point of view that could be an improvement. That said..

Not sure how I feel about this. There is a non-trivial amount of sloppiness. On the other hand, the runner got what he claims to be a very difficult 17 second skip on the first try. Also, the majority of the run seems to be fairly well executed. It's just that all the small mistakes in such a short run really don't look very nice.

If there was already a run on the site, I would probably reject this. However, I will give it a lukewarm accept, and mostly because I am trusting the runner's conclusion that this is a good run.
Strange days, incredible days
Spikes 2: You can, but it's an IL strat. You have to drop the box 2-3 times to build its momentum and place it at the right angle and position with no prep time, all while moving. What you can do in this game depends how quickly/accurately you can position the cursor while also moving a character, so the optimal strats are basically blind aiming. As I've tightened up the route, I've tried to include as much additional camera/object stuff as I possibly can. It's just really obvious when I miss with one of them.

There's a bit of slop that bugs me, like movement errors in the hub (and definitely the death in Copy Paste 2), but most of it can just happen when trying tricks like this. Getting all of them in one run would be god-tier; something I'd love to keep trying for, but this has been grinded out over several months and I do think it's a strong run.

Thanks for verifying!
Thanks for that extra input. I definitely feel I made the right call with accepting this.
A/V good, no cheating.

I watched this shortly after Aaron Haynes made it public, and came to absolutely love this run. I feel it looks incredible throughout, and I can say for sure that though there are mistakes here and there throughout, it is inherently an extremely difficult game, and this is a great run. A definite accept from me.
Never played this game.

A/V: Good.
Gameplay: I think I got the hang of most of the game mechanics while watching. It's still difficult to comment on the strats as that would require getting into the game. Nothing I saw stood out as particularly questionable though and this was the fastest reported time I could find after a quick search. The execution itself looked solid the first 2/3 of the run with only minor flubbs. The last third was more questionable (a death, a few missed jumps that cost a bit of time etc). Had those mistakes came at the beginning instead, I think it would definitely have warranted a reset. But it is what it is... You sometimes get a good start and just have to deal with a less than stellar performance near the end (due to difficulty, nerves or whatever). That can be enough to end up with an acceptable time. So yeah, I recommend an

ACCEPT (while crossing my fingers for seeing an improvement without deaths submitted some day)
A/V good, no cheating detected

There's some improvement to be had, but this is still a really impressive run - definitely good enough for an initial submission.  Accept
Decision posted.
Strange days, incredible days
Awesome Smiley
Still working on improving it as well. I want that sub-22.