List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2012-11-05 09:35:16 pm
Flip: 2012-11-05 09:35:10 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Sly 2: Band of Thieves (100 %) (Segmented)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Segment 5: learned something new that you can access the Dimitri`s office just before doing Bentley`s first job, and not just during Sly`s Bug Dimitri`s office mission.
Segment 12: Lost a few seconds when you missed the jeep a few times. Better control of the RC Chopper and accurate bomb drops will help shave some time off this segment.
Segment 21: Did the first half of the battle against Rajan perfectly, but made a few mistakes in the second half of the battle.
Segment 24: Drop picking The Contessa did help speed up the pick pocketing process. You could of speed up the process by killing the guard on the first before going taking the picture of the last code and jump to correct postion to faster. A couple of careless mistakes were made: you jumped off the roof before turning the crank to disable the lightning rod, and taking unnecessary damage which resulted in lost time.
Segment 48: Lost a few seconds when retrying to make the jump onto the roof to get the clue bottle.
Segment 53: Lost a couple seconds when you missed the jump onto the rail near tall tower 2.
Segment 54: Lost a couple seconds when you hit one of the lasers as Bentley.

Decision: Accept
Reason: Most of the run went well expect for some time costly mistakes but overall this was a good run.

Quote:
I'm going to hide my comments as well for the moment so that I don't accidently influence the final verification. Granted it will still be here and will be hidden in case if anyone wants to see.  This is a general verification, but I'm still going to look more into the run before the final choice.

If there is one thing I greatly enjoy about this site, is that you can help motivate others to proceed forward with their runs and help them see it through to the end.

Anyway, it is nice to finally see another Sly speed run after almost six years and with the progress I saw during the runner's attempts, I have to say I was impressed to say the least.  Now granted there were several complications during this run, such as near the end where the bombs didn't want to seem to connect.  Anyway, the quality was good, and there was no cheating (unless if you count the runner's way of bypassing the cutscenes and briefings cheating, which it isn't since the game autosaves before he exits the game)

There were a few mistakes/bad luck moments that were made during this run, however these complications are very few.  Chances are that this can be improved on, however where things stand, I would say that this is passable run and I will say accept.

**Updated**

Quote:
First of all, quality is good, no cheating that I can see, and everything is here. That's always a good start.

There are a multitude of segments that have minor issues, mostly jumping problems. The most noticeable segment is 24, though. Although I definitely understand the amount of luck it takes to pull off the Contessa picks, the rest of the run was so all over the place that I'm not even sure if it was worth it in the long run. It probably was, though, to pick off those guards one by one it takes a LONG time.

I also wonder if you could have just taken damage during that last shootout with Clock-La and saved some time. I don't remember if getting hit paralyzes you or anything.

Even with these mistakes, the overall run is consistent, and I love some of the tactics that were used. I've been waiting for a Sly 2 or 3 run forever, and I'm willing to say this is what I've been waiting for.

Decision: Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to James 'cooopercrisp' Mernin!
Thread title:  
Lest We Forget
As one of the verifiers, this verification only had 3/5 of the verifiers (I'm one of them) post there comments on the run. But overall, it was very good and the first run to be posted for Sly 2: Band of Thieves.

Congrats cooopercrisp.
Edit history:
MAS8705: 2012-11-06 09:47:52 pm
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
I might as well step forward too.

If you followed Cooopercrisp's progress, you can see alot of work was done to get the run completed, and while there were a couple of slip us in the run, it is still a great run all together.

Now let's see if we can work on Sly 3 and get that ready in time for Sly 4. Congrats Mr. Crisp.

Edit for when Cooopercrisp will eventually respond: Well, look at this...  All three of the verfiers came out of hiding just to openly congratulate you.  That in itself is also a pretty nice accomplishment.  Please respond soon though, we want to hear your victory speech.  ^_^
Arrested for felony abuse of emotes
*Kermit flail* Conga rats, Cooopercrisp!! =D

I was not one of the verifiers, but I did watch all the segments when you uploaded them, and was quite entertained by them. :3
4get the h8rs, always
Congrats! I was a verifier as well, and I'm glad I could take part in verifying this run because I think it is definitely a worthy addition!
Part of a balanced breakfast.
Wow...I had no idea that this run had already been accepted!  I thought it was lost forever!  I have to say I'm kind of surprised, as I thought there were a lot of little mistakes that really added up (especially Segment 24.  Ugh).  I can't wait to see it published to the website, if it isn't up already.  Thank you so much for verifying and taking the time to watch a nearly 7 hour run.  Maybe next summer I'll get myself a better quality screen recorder and see if I can improve this time.
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Like I said before Cooopercrisp, the guys who verified the run game came out to congratulate you on a job well done.  Nice to know that you didn't suddenly drop off the face of the world.  Job well done once again!
Do I have to do anything else in terms of run submission?
Edit history:
MAS8705: 2013-03-06 12:59:03 pm
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
unless if you are told for anything additional, all you have to do is watch for the run to be posted to the site.  Of course the wait might be a while,but considering how this was done back in Nov, I probably say a few more months if any.
Okay, thanks.
Not a walrus
Far as I can tell there's nothing holding it up other than the big backlog, but if you're ever unsure you can just PM Flip and/or puwexil.
Sounds good to me, Uranium.  Thank you.