List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

SS any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Video & audio are both splendiferous. Omni makes great use of the infinite lives cheat in the intro level in case he game overs. Jk it's part of the game ya buncha nancies! No cheats here. Audio commentary is a great addition.

Good ol Skyblazer. This is a great run overall, and Omni is awesome for taking the time to incorporate all these sweet new tricks, despite so recently submitting a previous run of the game. He sums up all the mistakes very well in his notes. The tiny mistakes he lists throughout are certainly no big deal, but I'll be honest in saying that missing the Great Tower magic drop and taking that nasty hit on Raglan are both pretty icky. Combined with not getting the lucky magic drop in the fortress, these 3 mistakes alone leave room for about 5-6 seconds of improvement using this route. The storm level's route could also be fleshed out a bit more, but probably wouldn't come out to more than 1 second different.

A few risky strats that were omitted: Petrolith magic drop (1 sec), 1-spell Storm boss (1 sec), Caverns horizontal zip (2-3 sec), Caverns boss harder strat (1 sec), Great Tower crusher skip w/ magic (2 sec). These vary between having 20-70% success rates or so, occur very late in the game, and are run enders if they are missed. So I don't blame Omni for not including them, though I suspect they'd be necessary if this game was more competitive.

I only mention those things above for the sake of having it all written out, as this is really a great run of a great game, and absolutely deserves to be published. El Accepto. Big ups to Omnigamer, and thanks for all the delicious props!

-omitted

Edit: I'm no pro at timing but it looks to be a very high 26:06.

Quote:
Audio and video are good. The run looks clean and was entertaining to watch.

accept

Quote:
Ok, I apologize for the delay.  I should have responded like a month ago but this thread got buried in my PMs folder.  Sorry, Omni!

Audio and video are fine.  No cheating detected.

This run is a significant improvement to his previous run which was already really damn good.  Omni did a phenomenal job of incorporating some new strategies that were found after his previous run was submitted/accepted, including manipulating more magic drops.  Verifier #1 mentioned the more costly mistakes and omissions so I won't bother (and he knows better than I do!).  There is room for improvement if Omni or another runner are crazy enough to try using all of these strats somehow, but that is true of any run!

That aside, this run is ridiculously good and highly entertaining.  I see absolutely no reason not to accept this.  Congrats again on a job well done, Omni!  Here's hoping you don't obsolete this run again because I might wait 2 months before verifying next time.

Had two other verifiers, one never responded and the other did and failed to verify anyway Sad Sad

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Eric 'Omnigamer' Koziel!
Thread title:  
Wooooooooo skyblazer! Well done omni.
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2012-08-25 10:07:08 pm
All the things
Oh, sweet! Thanks for finally pushing this through guys Cheesy

Those possible imporvements and other stuff are something to be worked in eventually, but I think I can wait a bit longer (read: a year or more) before pounding out another run :p
WOO!!! Congrats, Omni! Cheesy
difficult and stupidly random
this game is whacky.
congratulations on the run!