Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Silent Hill Downpour (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Reject

Reason: Run is well executed but the video quality is not nearly up to snuff.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/873/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Silent Hill Downpour (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/SHD%2013719.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by March 18, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2014-03-19 12:05:33 pm
LotBlind: 2014-03-19 12:03:59 pm
LotBlind: 2014-03-19 12:03:43 pm
LotBlind: 2014-03-18 02:25:31 pm
LotBlind: 2014-03-18 02:15:06 pm
LotBlind: 2014-03-18 02:14:57 pm
LotBlind: 2014-03-17 02:09:51 pm
LotBlind: 2014-03-17 02:09:20 pm
LotBlind: 2014-03-16 02:27:22 pm
Overall A/V quality: sounds not super-crisp, a bit boomy. The graphics are also quite smutty in this encode which makes the subtitles hard to read but they're in Portuguese or something anyway... and yes the aspect ratio is wrong if that's what causes the bar on the right and left sides of the screen.

Long survival horror title with unskippable cutscenes: not much by way of gameplay. Could probably have cut a bit closer to corners in places. I'm not even gonna ask why he needed to walk instead of running across a few spots - either it was scripted or there just was a reason.

1:08:09 - tiny bit of a brain fart or something?
1:15 - a few little bumps here and there.
1:39 - this puzzle lost maybe 10 seconds but apparently they're random. Still could be more consistent if the runner had a picture of the solution in front of him?
2:21:00 - a few strange missed shots here: you can see the crosshair is not on the right spot? On the other hand I think there's some degree of aim help? And aiming is based on character model not camera? So hard to tell how bad this is.
2:21:30 - another brain fart? lost 2 seconds.
+maybe 20 more seconds in the elevator, penitentiary fights and boss fight sequence. (combat-heavy areas)

Should the puzzle level (and general difficulty level) be included in the category? Apparently hard puzzle difficulty makes them predictable which means it might be the fastest but general difficulty (which I believe is easy here) probably should be included.

Accept
The game loves to do that to you. Hold down the run button and the game will make you walk in really stupid places, especially indoors.

It's a good run though I don't know enough about the game to make a comment on his/her moral choices in terms of which cut scenes were the shortest. The video quality is horrid, though. It's so blurry you can't even read the subtitles. The wrong aspect ratio can be fixed but hopefully the runner still has the original recording.
Not a walrus
Alright, I briefly glanced at the video and the quality is pretty terrible, so I'm tempted to reject based on that alone.

However, IF you think the run is worth keeping I can see if the runner has a better quality copy, but as is I don't think it can pass. I've rejected better looking runs.
I just finished watching this: the run is pretty good. I've listed most of the notable mistakes up there. Admittedly the game looks pretty linear but I still get a good feel about play quality.
Decision posted.