<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ogam: 2014-01-15 12:47:28 pm
Ah barrel skip in chapter 4, you can also do that if you go from Green Seal to Buddha statue with one barrel but it's not too consistent. Also you can skip entering the last building by hoping onto the rail and over the garden wall at the end of chapter 4.

I'm curious on weapon opinions, I usually go for cross bow high restraint for NG runs for upgrades. Is there something more effective? Boss wise since everything else seems to die relatively quick.
Climber
Bosses KI crystals die in 1 cycle on casual from PDW at least, other than that I wouldn't know -- the rocket launcher is pretty op.
Edit history:
ogam: 2014-01-15 04:31:20 pm
ogam: 2014-01-15 03:25:18 pm
Yea rocket is pretty good, think I'm just curious along the lines for the first boss since you get rockets right before the horse guy.

This reminds me, I messed around in chapter 13 a while back being able to go OOBs and hike all the way to the tram ontop of the mountain to end the level, but there was a death trigger right under the closest point to the tram and another route to go up had too steep of a slope to climb. When I get a chance I'll make a highlight on where to go. Someone might find a good finish to it.

Also just found a way to skip half of chapter 15 while on break earlier. So I'll add that to the list as well.
Edit history:
moofinmoofin: 2014-01-15 04:44:49 pm
moofinmoofin: 2014-01-15 04:44:35 pm
Snow Problem
Quote from ogam:
I messed around in chapter 13 a while back being able to go OOBs and hike all the way to the tram ontop of the mountain to end the level, but there was a death trigger right under the closest point to the tram and another route to go up had too steep of a slope to climb. When I get a chance I'll make a highlight on where to go. Someone might find a good finish to it.

Also just found a way to skip half of chapter 15 while on break earlier. So I'll add that to the list as well.

Quote from jebzig:
Here's the 2 (3) small skips I found during my attempt at a NG+ run that ended up on 2h18min (2h19sec without loading screens) made a few minor mistakes during the run but this game should be completed in under 2 hours with all the new stuff found.

I'm fairly sure the Chapter 4 skip can be done with only 1 barrel or bamboo climbing but I didn't want to risk it.

Next up for me is running it in chapter segmented runs and trying to find something for the later levels.

Good good good stuff. Can't contribute just yet due to my lack of having beaten the game (can't help but get wrapped up in these skips hahaha), but I plan on making more skip gifs.  Keep up the great work.
I meant half of chapter 16 not 15's glorified auto scroller :\.
Climber
Made a compilation of all the various skips (except Chapter 3 Pool Jump) if there's any new players looking to run this game.

We should do races of this, would be more interesting.
Climber
well I for one can't stream if that's what you had in mind Tongue (would love to watch a race tho)
Edit history:
moofinmoofin: 2014-01-15 08:41:48 pm
Snow Problem
Quote from ogam:
We should do races of this, would be more interesting.

Would totally be down for races after I complete/start actually running this game.

Quote from jebzig:
Made a compilation of all the various skips (except Chapter 3 Pool Jump) if there's any new players looking to run this game.

Damn, that's nice. Only the Prologue/1 skip is NG+ only, right?

Here is the truck skip in 3.
Hey, guys. thanks for the information so far. If i find something ill post it.
Snow Problem
By the way, we have an IRC channel now. #shaddowwarrior @ irc.speedrunslive.com
Edit history:
NicoTn: 2014-01-15 11:10:26 pm
NicoTn: 2014-01-15 11:00:34 pm
Found a skip in 4

Another that skips the ki crystal at 4

I'm on IRC on #shaddowwarrior
Chapter 13 OOB: http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3558510 (current can't make use of it but there should be a way to get around the death trigger and climb to the exit)
Chapter 14 OOB: http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3558547
Chapter 16 Half Skip: http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3558523 (Quicker way is to boost off a railing and bounce off the wall at the start of the video but it's inconsistent and I didn't get it in the highlight :(, an alternative is later shown by hugging rooftops)
Gotta Go Fast!
This game looks like a fun speedrun, Is there anyway someone could link me a full run of the game?
Quote from ProPhantom:
This game looks like a fun speedrun, Is there anyway someone could link me a full run of the game?

I don't think there is one yet. I could be totally wrong.
Edit history:
moofinmoofin: 2014-01-16 11:46:15 pm
moofinmoofin: 2014-01-16 11:20:31 pm
moofinmoofin: 2014-01-16 11:20:13 pm
Snow Problem
Quote from NicoTn:
Quote from ProPhantom:

I don't think there is one yet. I could be totally wrong.

There are some, but they are inaccurate as they don't have the latest skips. And making a full run right now would be slightly silly, as this game is being busted wide open. A good starting point is the video Jeb made earlier in the thread. And even though that is 9 minutes of pure skips, that still isn't all of them.

EDIT

Speaking of skips:

Just shortened chapter 10.

JUST KIDDING I GOT TWO SKIPS ON CHAPTER 10 HAH

Edit history:
NicoTn: 2014-01-17 02:40:06 am
Nice finds moofin, this game just gets more broken by the day.

EDIT: Can you maybe re-record the fight skip in 10 with your flashlight on?
Snow Problem
Quote from NicoTn:

Gotchyu dog. Made it more visible for sure.
This skips the last big fight at chapter 10, http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3564674

I did a couple runs last nights. Both runs were sloppy so easily improvable.

NG - 2:11:25 http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3564690
NG+ - 1:50:51 http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3564699
Quote from moofinmoofin:
Quote from NicoTn:

Gotchyu dog. Made it more visible for sure.

sweet, thanks.
Gotta Go Fast!
Ok thanks, guess Ill start looking for new skips aswell! We will make this game fast...very fast!thumbsup
Edit history:
redemption99: 2014-01-18 01:24:37 am
Wow, I was just looking at this thread a few weeks ago while I was 100%ing the game and was thinking about running it, and now there is a lot more info.

Just finished catching up on everything in here, I heard someone mention racing. Sounds fun, would love to do.
Good job everyone keep breaking this game more, im sure there are tons of more stuff to find Cheesy i however probably wont try to find more stuff i tried some days ago but kinda lost intrest, but i might join in on the races on a later date Smiley
Edit history:
NicoTn: 2014-01-18 07:14:00 pm
NicoTn: 2014-01-18 07:13:47 pm
Quote from ogam:
This skips the last big fight at chapter 10, http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3564674

Adjusted the skip a bit.

Found another fight skip in Chapter 13