--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ogam: 2014-02-03 01:26:27 am
ogam: 2013-09-28 09:30:54 pm
Update: gDoc of skips - http://bombch.us/XkD

Remake of Shadow Warrior by Flying Wild Hogs with a younger Lo Wang. This remake has a little too much 'opening' boxes and collecting stuff by pressing 'E' than I would have liked, but sword play seems fun. There is a NG+ mode, entilted as 'EX Mode' also a 'Heroic Mode' but heroic is currently bugged on release build where you can't progress when opening a certain door in the first level. If you want to be lazy about killing stuff and go through NG in a SS it's about over 3 hours without skipping anything.

When using Divider of Heavens (Charged Poke/Stab), like in War of the Roses, Chivalry, and any of the Jedi Knight games you can move the sword around while the animation is active for the hitbox to hit everything you touch so whenever you do poke to kill stuff, just turn your yaw speed to max and spin2win. I don't see a use for the other two sword skills, the actual spin and charged beam, takes too long for animation/charging time compared to poke for killing efficiency.

Haven't played Hard Reset to compare how the physics works between each game. I know in hard reset that are a lot of environmental damageable stuff like AC units, cars and other explosive things. So these are here also to speed up killing stuff. Though doesn't seem to be any knock back from explosives on to you, so sad.

You dodge faster than sprinting, when dodging off a edge you accelerate faster than dodging on the floor allowing you to lunge around the map, though if you don't collide with a wall and do a hard land, you'll most likely die instead of surviving due to impact of the force, it's weird on how this is checked when the height difference between a full crater to a slight fall on how you'll survive. You can use protection spell to reduce damage from the fall even with a roll but that'll reduce your acceleration rate.

You can boost up slopes that have a high incline or bounce off an object after you dodge off an edge to get to hard to reach spots. Same with pushing movable boxes against a wall, and running against it, you'll get a boost upwards as you're running into the box. Not exactly a boost but standing on monsters isn't too bad.

When opening sealed doors that require you to break a statue, your stab can pierce through walls so for example, after first time confronting Zilla in the circular room. For the Red seal you can hit it the a little pass the staircase through the wall to break it to skip a fight. If this is confusing I'll make a quick video whenever I get a chance to play anything.

I haven't found any real OOB places yet though there are a lot of invisible walls, there are a few spots I have tried to get OOBs and I would get stuck between two invisible walls and can't get back in bounds.

When saving while dying animation and the screen goes red, reloading you'll have 0 health and the screen is black at the same spot you saved. So if you're falling you'll  reload into a falling animation but can walk until you fall again, seems like you land on a collision box and physics deals with the death, so when reloading you're walking on that box. When doing it after you've died in a fight you'll just come back to the same fight with 0 health, if you heal and take damage again you will die. Since you can't see anything you'll be running blind, this might be helpful if there is a map that requires you to go downwards but I can't recall any.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Akyten: 2013-09-28 11:55:25 pm
Ive found 2 places you can OOB in the beginning but i havent really found any use for it yet you can also skip the whole burning building where you get hoji to save abit of time.

About the OOB´s in the beginning 1 pretty much takes you to chapter 1 but you cant do anything there cause nothing is loaded except some few items like 2 of the karma shrines, the ki stone and the blue statue, you can pick the stone and the karma shrines up but you have no way to break the statue to remove the seal from the door.

Same place also gets you so you can nudge your way around the temple but so far ive only found dead ends except
it can take you close to the first blinking door ive gotten close to it but i havent managed to get to it yet.

The other OOB only takes you around the left house where you spawn and some random places and mostly dead ends

Ive also managed to get out of the first fight which takes you out of the temple again but there isnt anything extra you can do there from what ive gathered so far you can use the dash to help you in the oob i guess but needs more testing.

And also you might be able to clip thrue the second floor in the temple from one of the glass container things, ive managed to get myself mayby half way thrue body wise before it pushes me out of the floor again.

Gonna check out Chapter 2 in abit and see if i can find anything there.

Update 1: Ive managed to skip the arcade part of chapter 2.
Edit history:
Akyten: 2013-09-29 07:03:27 am
Akyten: 2013-09-29 05:50:18 am
Akyten: 2013-09-29 05:48:57 am
Akyten: 2013-09-29 05:48:17 am
Akyten: 2013-09-29 05:08:57 am
Akyten: 2013-09-29 04:50:32 am
Akyten: 2013-09-29 03:53:16 am
Akyten: 2013-09-29 03:50:11 am
Akyten: 2013-09-29 03:49:20 am
Akyten: 2013-09-29 02:02:38 am
Akyten: 2013-09-29 01:52:11 am
Akyten: 2013-09-29 01:47:52 am
Edit: Damnit i didnt mean to do a new post meant to edit sorry.

Update 2: I managed to skip both the arcade and the part after with the blue statue/seal it would save some time atleast, gonna check if i can do it without killing anything.

Update 3: Indeed so with this skip you can get to the PDW weapon pretty much at the start of chapter 2 if everything goes right i would say 1-1.5 min into the chapter.
and from what ive seen nothing negative has happened so far by skipping the whole first part of the map
and skipping Hoji in the first chapter doesnt seem to have any effect either.

Im also gonna see if this computer can handle recording so i can show the skips/oob´s ive found so far cant promise anything tho.

Ok so this computer actually managed to record somewhat and ive uploaded the 2 chapter 2 skips ive found so far (havent really gone past that point to search for more) i will also record prologue + chapter 1 today and show some oob´s, skips and useless stuff ive found there.

Heres the first skip in chapter 2 i found which only skips the arcade.

And heres the one that skips the arcade and blue seal.

Heres some OOB in Prologue.

Heres the Hoji cutscene/burning house skip i was talking about, remember to kill the demons before you jump over or else you cant go thrue the door later cause your in combat, i also think theres a bigger skip there somewhere just need to find it.

And heres the Useless backtrack? during or after the first fight, you can use the dash to get up on 1 extra place and you can also do the stuff ive done in the previous videos like OOB'ing but havent found any use for it so far still cant trigger the skill gain at the blue statue since your in prologue.

Ok, i think thats all ive found for now atleast back to hunting stuff Smiley will update if i find more.
And sorry for the dark videos, dont know why its doing that its perfectly fine until i encode it then it gets darker and then i upload it to youtube it gets even worse.
Update again, managed to skip the whole last fight in chapter 2.

Edit history:
ogam: 2013-09-29 04:24:11 pm
For NG+ you can do Prologue and chapter 1 at the same time. Go OOBs after you get your sword and poke that blue seal to trigger the end of chapter 1.
http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3009418

Also when fighting Xing's Body, you can lower all the armor pieces in the first phase and that'll carry over to third phase for final fight. Saves time since he'll be moving around less and ammo pick ups are a lot closer.
Quote from ogam:
For NG+ you can do Prologue and chapter 1 at the same time. Go OOBs after you get your sword and poke that blue seal to trigger the end of chapter 1.
http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3009418

Also when fighting Xing's Body, you can lower all the armor pieces in the first phase and that'll carry over to third phase for final fight. Saves time since he'll be moving around less and ammo pick ups are a lot closer.

Haha, didnt even think of ng+ guess the backtrack wasnt useless at all Smiley
Work around for Heroic mode in chapter 1 is to turn off auto checkpoint saves.
Edit history:
ogam: 2013-09-30 12:17:23 pm
Chapter 4 Start: http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3010930
Chapter 7 Skip: http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3010941
Chapter 8 First half: http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3010949

Chapter 9 has an interesting OOB setups for skipping everything. I'll try to get a decent video of it later.

Edit:
Added a bit more to Chapter 8: http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3013644
Chapter 9: http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3013660
Nice ones Smiley
Chapter 12: http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3015637

Having problems finding major skips on chapter 2-5, 13, 14, and 16
Awesome skip, will keep on trying with 3 and forward today if i have time
Snow Problem
Radio silence? Pfff. Let me help.

I am interested in running this game, so I'll be stealing these strats and coming up with a decent RTA time. Will post results, but I love the prospects of this game.

Should be fun to pick up the torch.
Edit history:
ogam: 2014-01-06 03:31:05 pm
Such silence much death. I did a bunch of runs over new years just because I haven't touched this since September. Came out to 2:18:xx, should be easy to get sub 2 hours. NG runs.
DXHR runner
I saw this game played on Eatmydiction1's stream and immediately bought it and thought it would be really fun to speed run! I'll be keeping an eye on this forum for the future since I'm focussing on my DXHR and DXHR DC runs at the moment :^)
I was wondering, as for a NG run, what difficulty mode should be chosen ?
Edit history:
ogam: 2014-01-07 09:29:29 am
There's very little difference in Casual and Normal other than damage you take. I've been doing NG runs on normal so whichever one you're more comfortable with. Hard and Insane hits a lot harder and everything is quite fat, Heroic you can't save other than at the start of the level. This mainly makes a difference when fighting minotaurs, shield trolls and bosses.

I don't think the number of monsters change though, but I could be wrong.
I'm asking since I completed the game on Insane difficulty, so yeah. It would make no sense to have several leaderboards for all the difficulties, obviously easy mode would be the fastest.
Ah, there is some activity now, i kinda ditched finding more stuff cause noone really showed any intrest to actually run the game, i dont even know how much have been patched =D
Edit history:
Akyten: 2014-01-12 07:26:02 am
Akyten: 2014-01-12 07:25:49 am
could pick it up again if anyone needs help finding more stuff Smiley

Add me up on steam or something should be same name as here.
Edit history:
Akyten: 2014-01-12 07:23:49 am
Akyten: 2014-01-12 07:22:06 am
Ah, and moofin, i watched abit of your twitch stream, reason cause you couldnt go into the door in chapter 2 the first time was cause you somehow aggroed the monsters further away, but they wont come after you for some reason just keep you in combat.

Thats why you have to kill the enemies in chapter 1 before you do the hoji skip cause they will keep you in combat and you cant continue.
Edit history:
ogam: 2014-01-12 08:33:07 am
ogam: 2014-01-12 08:29:16 am
The last skip in chapter 2 is a pain to get consistent D:

Regarding Hoji skip you can avoid back tracking by just walking on the invisible wall of the broken bridge and head straight for your Divider of Heavens

Seems like you can boost off of Trees similar to Trucks like at the start of Act 2, bamboo is another story :\
Edit history:
Akyten: 2014-01-12 08:38:51 am
Ah, good to know, you can climb bamboo tho somewhat, think i showed it in my oob video of prologue/chapter 1 not sure

Gonna run thrue the game again tonight normally to get the feel for it again then i might start testing stuff again.
Edit history:
ogam: 2014-01-12 09:04:38 am
Act 3 you can skip the second fight if you boost up the blue truck after breaking red seal. Not sure if you can do it before it blows up but you can use the debris to boost up.

Also at the end of Act 3 you can skip the fight at Lo Wang's House by jumping out of the pool, there are some water jets you can jump onto and out of the pool.
Edit history:
jebzig: 2014-01-15 10:44:04 am
jebzig: 2014-01-15 10:43:24 am
jebzig: 2014-01-15 10:41:44 am
jebzig: 2014-01-15 10:41:30 am
jebzig: 2014-01-15 10:41:16 am
jebzig: 2014-01-15 10:40:57 am
jebzig: 2014-01-15 10:40:43 am
jebzig: 2014-01-15 10:40:15 am
Climber
Here's the 2 (3) small skips I found during my attempt at a NG+ run that ended up on 2h18min (2h19sec without loading screens) made a few minor mistakes during the run but this game should be completed in under 2 hours with all the new stuff found.

I'm fairly sure the Chapter 4 skip can be done with only 1 barrel or bamboo climbing but I didn't want to risk it.

Next up for me is running it in chapter segmented runs and trying to find something for the later levels.
Edit history:
moofinmoofin: 2014-01-15 02:51:46 am
moofinmoofin: 2014-01-15 02:51:24 am
moofinmoofin: 2014-01-15 01:08:26 am
Snow Problem
Quote from Akyten:
Ah, and moofin, i watched abit of your twitch stream, reason cause you couldnt go into the door in chapter 2 the first time was cause you somehow aggroed the monsters further away, but they wont come after you for some reason just keep you in combat.

That's why you have to kill the enemies in chapter 1 before you do the hoji skip cause they will keep you in combat and you cant continue.

Yeah, my slow ass realized that after a bit.

Quote from ogam:
Act 3 you can skip the second fight if you boost up the blue truck after breaking red seal. Not sure if you can do it before it blows up but you can use the debris to boost up.

Also at the end of Act 3 you can skip the fight at Lo Wang's House by jumping out of the pool, there are some water jets you can jump onto and out of the pool.

That's goddamn juicy. Trying that out. Recently got Ch. 2 Final skip down pat to an extent. There is always QSQL though. haha.

EDIT: Made a gif of the pool one. Will make more gif skips.

Quote from jebzig:
Found some rather minor stuff I will be editing into this post as soon as I can get them up on youtube.

Can't wait.