List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Sent: 2017-06-22 12:12:48 pm
Sent: 2017-04-18 01:08:46 pm
Go Faster!
The deadline for prize submissions is June 21st

Hey everyone, Spring is in the air, the sun is shining, birds are singing, and children like you, should be preparing for SGDQ.

Important Links

Prize List:  A list of accepted prizes for SGDQ 2017

The Games List is also available, if you need some inspiration to go with an idea.

SUBMISSION INFORMATION

The two major guidelines for Prize Submissions are as follows. Prizes should be appropriate in terms of content for the stream, as a guideline try to keep things PG-13 at their worst. Prizes should also be at least somewhat related to a game in the marathon, or at the very least related to gaming in general.

The deadline for prize submissions will be June 21st at 11:59PM PDT. If you are creating or acquiring a prize for the marathon and you are unsure if you can make this deadline, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you on a case by case basis.

Submitted prizes will not be publicly visible until they are accepted, each donor will receive an email notifying them about the status of their prizes after they have been reviewed.

If you are planning to submit multiple similar or smaller prizes, such as perlers, patches, or figures that are not packaged together, and feel strongly about keeping them together as a set, please make this information known. Occasionally, we may split groups of similar smaller items into individual prizes instead of keeping them together as a single prize.

SUBMISSION GUIDE

To submit a prize to SGDQ2017 the first thing you will need to do after clicking the submission link is create or log into a prize submission account. Note that a prize submission account is separate from your Games Done Quick account; if you have not registered a prize submission account, you will need to do so.

Most of the fields should be self explanatory, but it is worth mentioning that the Suggested Start and Suggested End game fields may appear blank. This is because these fields draw games from the schedule, and likely will not function properly until the schedule is publicly available on or around April 22nd. Until then, feel free to use the Extra/Non-Public Information field for game suggestions.

F.A.Q

Q: Can I donate steam keys or other digital copies of games?
A: In order to ensure the integrity and compatibility of digital games we can only accept digital copies of games if they come to us directly from the developer.

Q: When will the prizes be drawn?
A: Prizes are typically drawn and shipped a short time after the event, generally we wait around a month to ensure that we properly comply with local and state laws.

Q: I have a cool idea for a prize, but I'm not sure if it will work well.
A: Feel free to send me an email at Prizes@gamesdonequick.com I'm always more than happy to discuss potential prize ideas.

As always, if there are any questions about the submission process or any ideas for prizes you would like to run by me before submitting, feel free to leave a comment in the Thread, or Email me directly at Prizes@gamesdonequick.com
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Crain: 2017-05-20 11:25:00 am
Hi, I want to donate this Sonic the Hedgehog tray that I made but can't find the submission link. Can you please let me know where it is and if this would be an acceptable prize?

Attachment:
Go Faster!
@geekchic

Sent you an email about this but just in case you missed it.  The submission link is here https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/user/submit_prize/sgdq2017 and I do like it. I particularly like that it's made with real sonic comics, has a kinda, vintage diner vibe to it.

UPDATE: ... I somehow accidentally deleted the submission link from the OP and just noticed it.  Mistakes were made
What's the usual turn around time for submissions through the tracker? I submitted one, but wanted to wait until confirmation to start work on it, and I was planning on doing the same for multiple cross stitches. Though I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be rejected, I just wanted to be on the safe side.
Edit history:
YoshioKun13: 2017-05-03 02:56:49 am
YoshioKun13: 2017-05-03 02:56:16 am
Quote from HellaBored:
I submitted one, but wanted to wait until confirmation to start work on it, and I was planning on doing the same for multiple cross stitches.

Yes

I submitted one entry early on, was e-mailed a short time after notifying me that the link to the pic I provided was invalid and promptly sent a reply with the proper photo attached. I haven't gotten any word back since.

Wish to enter more but just waiting until I know whether my first one's been approved or not...
Silent but silent
Quote from YoshioKun13:
Wish to enter more but just waiting until I know whether my first one's been approved or not...

Same
Edit history:
Sent: 2017-05-03 04:50:26 pm
Go Faster!
Hey Guys,

Sorry about the delay. I've had some personal issues going on for the past two weeks that have kept me, a little distracted from things (Pipe burst, house flooded, hasn't been fun times). But I took this afternoon to catch up on all of the submissions. If you have submitted a prize, and have not received either an Email or a forum post about the status of it, please get in touch with me, as there may have been a bug with the submission form.
Edit history:
doicm: 2017-05-18 10:39:49 am
The links on some of the accepted prizes are broken or inaccessible. The ones I've found so far are the "Zelda Transformation Mask Perlers" and the "Jumping Mario W/Pipe Base Stand 3d Perler Figure", but there might be others. I wanted to check some prizes to get an idea of what would be accepted, but I came across these by chance. I figured it might be good to have these fixed before the marathon, so I just wanted to let you know.
(Either that or they're just broken to me....)
Go Faster!
Yeah Dropbox image links have some strange permissions on them. In most cases we'll retake and reupload prize photos anyway before the marathon, but for the moment I've just reuploaded those as imgur links.  Thanks for reminding me about them doicm.
The cake is a lie
The developer of the game Splasher told me he made a request to give 5 Steam keys as prizes, but he didn't get a reply yet.
Edit history:
Sent: 2017-06-06 09:35:46 am
Sent: 2017-06-06 09:35:14 am
Go Faster!
He should have an email from me about that.

There are a few more emails I need to get out this afternoon; If you have submitted a prize and haven't received an email back from me by tomorrow evening, please let me know.
Plushie maker www.Metroidhat.com
I'll be submitting naked Ness. What? He's naked in Mother 2!

Just kidding, I'm still working on his clothes.

Hi!  I submitted a prize, but haven't heard anything back. (Mario quilt)
Edit history:
Sent: 2017-06-08 08:31:02 am
Go Faster!
Sent you an email @shar245

@Eyes  I love it, but we might have to edit some pajamas onto the western release of that prize :P. 
Hey Sent. Finally got enough done to post here.

I'll be finished with plenty of time before the 21st and this year the prize is much more manageable size wise (7.5" around by like 5" tall)

I know Majora's Mask is kinda dense with prizes already, but there's no issue with another prize is there?

Edit history:
Sent: 2017-06-11 05:42:49 pm
Go Faster!
The Majora the merrier?  ... I'll leave now

But that does look pretty cool
Edit history:
Crain: 2017-06-12 09:40:39 am
https://twitter.com/CrainMakes/status/874281456163532801

Looking even better with the stain on it. Now for some fake leaves and I'm pretty much done.
I submitted two wooden signs on the 9th and was wondering if they were accepted or not. I also would like to be able to ship these to someone so they can appear on the marathon? Not sure how this part works.
Go Faster!
@Shcezris Sorry about the delay, it can sometimes take a week or so to get to process a submission, I'll try to get an email out to you tonight or tomorrow about them.
Edit history:
Crain: 2017-06-16 04:14:27 pm
Aight, finished.

Sent: There's still time to send this to you so that it's shown at the event right?
I would also like to know if it is too late to send my items so they make it into the marathon. I still have not received an email yet, perhaps I used the wrong email?
Plushie maker www.Metroidhat.com
Here is Ness... wait, wait, he needs a moment.

Okay, now he's ready to save the world!

Go Faster!
@crain That Deku Mask is amazing, I sent you an email about it

@shecezris Sent you a PM, I think there might have been a typo somewhere with your email

@eyes Woaaah Ness is that a Mr saturn in your pants or are you, oh wait, wait, yeah it is. Looks absolutely amazing, he even has working shoes and a backpack, that's nuts.
Nice. I emailed you back.