--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2015-08-05 11:40:33 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2015-08-04 11:01:43 pm
Not a walrus
So because of the nature of the recording method there are several "backup" recordings that are unusable, but the primary recordings from the stream box should be usable.

The problem is that I don't know which ones have problems other than a handful, so I need people to report issues.

Problems I currently know about:

- Many early recordings have far too low audio levels (Though I need to know which one is the first with proper audio)
- Doom 64 is too dark
- Maui Mallard and Duck Tales have Chrono Trigger music playing throughout the entire video
- DKC runs are all in the same video (and have too low audio)
- Fallout 3 low% bad ending and Oblivion any% are both missing

Problems I need reported:

- Any time the audio levels seem too low, or mixed improperly (game is too loud compared to the runner or couch)
- Any time there is more than one game in the same video
- Incorrect audio playing on the video (i.e. somebody left the background intermission music on)

Please only report problems that are not present in the Twitch VOD, unless it's OVERALL audio levels, or something I could reasonably fix with a video filter.

As of right now I'm uploading a new copy of Yoshi's Island with proper audio levels, but in the coming days/weeks I need your help in fixing up anything that's still incorrect!
Thread title:  
I do not see Mega Man X8 on the You Tube channel at all.  At last check it is not in the neighboring runs either (Metroid Prime 2, Mega Man X2)
Not a walrus
It's right here:

Looks like it got left as unlisted. Sorry about that!
DuckTales has the same problem as Maui Mallard with background audio throughout the video.
Ghosts n' goblins has too low commentator audio and background music playing through the video.
#FailFish
Currently the Sonic Adventure DX runs are missing from the YouTube channel - I understand why you might not want Gamepro's Crash 2 run on there, but there wasn't anything inappropriate about his SADX run (and certainly not the Big the Cat run).
Dixie Kong Fan Club
Donkey Kong Country Any% All Stages, Any%, and DKC3 Any% are in the same video.
That's "Mr." Speedrunner, to you
Fallout 3 Low% Bad Ending isn't on YouTube and neither is Oblivion Any%. They were both incentives and after their respective runs.
  Shenmue 2 runner commentary is incredibly soft and hard to hear, while game volume is loud.
I know Ecco: The Tides of Time is missing the last 30 seconds of the run

Also Resident Evil 4 the runner is very quiet
Edit history:
TheMG2: 2015-08-08 08:09:36 am
Mickey Mania all audio is too quiet. Can barely hear with max audio headphones.

EDIT: Also Gunstar Heroes and Freedom Planet are all the same video.
DS Dictator
Quote:
Also Gunstar Heroes and Freedom Planet are all the same video.

From the description of that video:
"Note: This is a temporary upload while the listed runs are formatted. This video will not be deleted, but will eventually be unlisted."
Jumping Turtle
TASbot plays Ikaruga Max Score has a very brief Rock Man glitched run at the end. Probably too minor to fix unless a 1 minute video is better.

Super Metroid has the TAS competition of Streamerz at the end.
The little mermaid's audio is very low.
It seems like Ghosts N Goblins is the last game with an inaudible runner/announcer (starting from the beginning).

Also sorry to get a bit off topic, but is it me or did Powerup Audio completely screw up the audio throughout the event? In the past there were almost never volume issues (you would either hear things or you wouldn't), aside from the usual little tweaking required to balance game to runner volume. This event there were problems in the beginning of almost every run, sometimes they took quite a while to correct, and the headsets that people on stream were wearing looked weird. Even at the end of the finale, the guy from MSF went to say a few words and you could barely hear him.
Are you talking about the stream or the videos? I don't really remember much problems watching it live. Give examples?
Jumping Turtle
I've heard that this year, audio had been believed to take longer to set up, and it stands to reason because they have a totally different setup, AND it's the audio team's first live broadcasting event(?). It's the price you pay for free, voluntary help.

It might have been better if they hired veteran ESPN sound technicians, but that's likely expensive. You could make the case that the usual GDQ tech team should have done it themselves to make this event better, but I think that's shortsighted. They admitted to struggling early in the marathon, but they definitely got it together eventually, and if they continue their support, it's going to be so much better in future events.

Then again, I still remember AGDQ setups, so pretty much everything is an improvement to me. :^/
HELLO!
The headsets were so much better than AGDQ to wear. Don't knock the headsets. Those little weirdly shaped ones at AGDQ were a pain to get on and off.  The SGDQ ones were much more rugged and more suitable for the ever-changing series of runners and commentators that these marathons have.
Gets the cake.
Quote from presjpolk:
The headsets were so much better than AGDQ to wear. Don't knock the headsets. Those little weirdly shaped ones at AGDQ were a pain to get on and off.  The SGDQ ones were much more rugged and more suitable for the ever-changing series of runners and commentators that these marathons have.

Agreed 100%. They may not look amazing on camera, but they were very comfortable and they isolated the sounds you needed to hear from the background chatter of the room pretty decently.
Quote from presjpolk:

They did start to get uncomfortable after about four hours or so, but the fact it took that long should speak to their overall comfort.

Also, it's not a video quality issue, but in the Sonic 2 video my name was entered as "Aleck47," but the "k" should be capitalized.  That's all I've noticed so far.
Not a walrus
Quote from AlecK47:
Quote from presjpolk:

They did start to get uncomfortable after about four hours or so, but the fact it took that long should speak to their overall comfort.

Also, it's not a video quality issue, but in the Sonic 2 video my name was entered as "Aleck47," but the "k" should be capitalized.  That's all I've noticed so far.

Well I can't realistically fix it in the video itself but when I upload the final copy I'll make sure the title/description gets fixed.
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Well I can't realistically fix it in the video itself but when I upload the final copy I'll make sure the title/description gets fixed.

Speaking of that, will you be re-uploading the entire event with the sound and other things corrected where necessary? If that's the case, are you going to delete/make private the original copies of the videos so that there aren't a bunch of duplicates?

As for my comments about the headsets I understand now that for the sake of the people on camera they're better, so I take back my statement. Were people on the couch able to hear each other through them?
Not a walrus
Quote from pavichokche:
Quote from UraniumAnchor:

Speaking of that, will you be re-uploading the entire event with the sound and other things corrected where necessary? If that's the case, are you going to delete/make private the original copies of the videos so that there aren't a bunch of duplicates?

As for my comments about the headsets I understand now that for the sake of the people on camera they're better, so I take back my statement. Were people on the couch able to hear each other through them?

I've already been unlisting (not deleting, so if you have the old URL you can still view them but they won't show up in search results) videos that have corrected copies uploaded, currently up to RE3 and I plan to do several more tonight and over the weekend.

As for the headsets, yes, the headsets were all interconnected and the commentators and runners could all hear each other.
Jumping Turtle
It's still a valid criticism, just important to note the pros of them, too. Though I personally didn't mind them, several people agree that they look bad on camera, but I don't think they're gonna just never use headsets again. They're more likely going to look for alternatives. (they had other, less bulky headsets in the past, but they turned out really uncomfortable).

I'm concerned about sharing equipment. The mics are often touching faces, lips and hands, and the sets are on everyone's ears. Are there sanitation protocols in effect? I don't mind on a personal level, but if the event continuously marches on to Company status in the public eye, this is definitely gonna become a big issue.

(Also maybe this should be split from this topic?)
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Yes, this doesn't really belong here. Hold off until the feedback thread.