Sad
<- 123
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Denalian:
I work  at this hotel  and can answer any of your  hotel specific questions you may have.

What is the make/model of the TVs in the rooms?
This is not the giant
What is the policy on holding LAN parties for PC games (something along the lines like Civilization IV or an old school FPS)? Would they interfere with the uploading for the marathon making them verboten, or are they on a separate network?
Quote from PvtCb:
What is the policy on holding LAN parties for PC games (something along the lines like Civilization IV or an old school FPS)? Would they interfere with the uploading for the marathon making them verboten, or are they on a separate network?

I'm curious of this myself. Would enjoy some UT or CS1.6
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from PvtCb:

Make your own private LAN (aka, bring a switch), and don't count on reliable internet. You will be relegated to the same public wifi every guest has, which has consistently been in the range of "barely usable" to "unusable" in the past. Our internet for the event is dedicated lines that are reserved for the marathon PCs (tech, GDQ gaming PCs, etc).
TheGlitched64
I have to go and see AGDQ in person in 2016. Wasn't able to get there for this year what with still being in Australia longer than I thought. oh well, will be great to see it live anyways!
MoMo
My flight from MSP back on Aug 2nd goes at 6 a.m. so I'll have to be at the airport not later than 5.30 I guess...
What are the connections (Bus/Taxi/Shuttle) around this time on a Sunday early morning? Does somebody know?
I already booked at the crowne, so i mean go crowne lol
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-04-30 11:36:15 am
Quote from molluskmoth:
My flight from MSP back on Aug 2nd goes at 6 a.m. so I'll have to be at the airport not later than 5.30 I guess...
What are the connections (Bus/Taxi/Shuttle) around this time on a Sunday early morning? Does somebody know?

http://metrotransit.org is the Minneapolis/St. Paul transit system site. You can plan routes there. I strongly recommend looking around there, they have a TON of information.

From what I saw, looks like a bus runs from the nearby station at the hotel to the airport every hour or so.

Also, if you've never flown before, never ever cut it so close on arriving at an airport. You want to give yourself at least an hour. Being there very early in the morning is usually not bad for traffic in the airport, but most airlines will not even let you check a bag after a 45 minute mark. Get there with at least an hour to spare, it's always better to wait around than to run your ass off and miss it.
Fucking Weeaboo
Yeah, you want to be at the airport AT LEAST one hour in advance, though with MSP being an international airport, if you're flying out of Terminal 1, give yourself 1.5 hours. If you're flying international, give yourself 2 hours.
MoMo
Sadly, that page will not give me a direct connection from St. Paul Central to Terminal 1. It keeps crashing on me. How long do I have to plan for the trip from the hotel to the airport?
Is it better to take a taxi at night?
Quote from molluskmoth:
Sadly, that page will not give me a direct connection from St. Paul Central to Terminal 1. It keeps crashing on me. How long do I have to plan for the trip from the hotel to the airport?
Is it better to take a taxi at night?

Quote from Cool Matty:
From what I saw, looks like a bus runs from the nearby station at the hotel to the airport every hour or so.

That's including late night/early morning.
I'll be arriving around 9 AM on Sat. the 25th, will there be a shuttle on that day and that early?
Edit history:
Denalian: 2015-06-24 10:11:22 pm
Denalian: 2015-06-24 10:10:05 pm
Quote from sope:
Quote from Denalian:
I work  at this hotel  and can answer any of your  hotel specific questions you may have.

What is the make/model of the TVs in the rooms?

LGs  42 inch    with atleast one HDMI IN port  however some rooms may have larger screens as we are in the process of upgrading
Meow Meow!
Hey guys,
Do we have any news on transportation from the airport to the hotel yet?

Thanks! Smiley
Quote from yunakitten:
Hey guys,
Do we have any news on transportation from the airport to the hotel yet?

Thanks! Smiley

If you go to the games done quick website they have that information under the FAQ
We're still working on shuttle info, hoping to nail that down next week for you all.
Any update on the shuttle? Like if it will run on the 24th and 3rd?
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-07-16 01:10:01 am
We do have confirmed info for the shuttle:

The shuttle will run 6AM-11PM July 25-26th from MSP Airport (Terminal 1 -> Terminal 2 -> Crowne Plaza). On August 1-2nd, 6AM-11PM, it will do the same in the opposite direction. The shuttles run every hour, on the hour. These are, by an order of magnitude, the most busy days of our event for incoming/outgoing traffic.

We will also have a discount for Super Shuttles that you can reserve, if you need a shuttle on a different day.
Highly Evolved
Re: Shuttle

On the hour from where?  The airport or the hotel?  1000 attendees, let's guess 500 arriving via MSP on Saturday, if an exact amount of people are arriving per hour from the standard 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM hours, that's 35 or so per hour.  Can the shuttle handle that many people all at once? 

How does one locate the shuttle specifically headed to the Crowne Plaza or Intercontinental?  Is it important we specify the hotel on its old or new branding?

Is this a tipped or untipped shuttle service? 
Quote from Darkwing Duck:
Re: Shuttle

On the hour from where?  The airport or the hotel?  1000 attendees, let's guess 500 arriving via MSP on Saturday, if an exact amount of people are arriving per hour from the standard 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM hours, that's 35 or so per hour.  Can the shuttle handle that many people all at once? 

How does one locate the shuttle specifically headed to the Crowne Plaza or Intercontinental?  Is it important we specify the hotel on its old or new branding?

Is this a tipped or untipped shuttle service? 

Gratuity has been paid for in advance.

The shuttle is being ran specifically for us and will have a sign on the windshield with our event name. You don't need to tell them where you're going, cause you don't have a choice. Tongue

The shuttle leaves Terminal 1 on the top of the hour, before going to Terminal 2 and then to the hotel. Vice versa on the way back.

Also, we don't guess, we have actual numbers on arrival/departure based on everyone's registration information. The shuttle is a 20 person mini-coach. We have assigned these times and bus sizes based on our best estimates of the number of people who will make use of the shuttle, and what we can afford (shuttling ain't cheap, yo).

It's very possible that there will be peak times when the shuttle is full. There's no way we can possibly plan for that eventuality and there's not much we could do about it regardless. You can either wait for the next shuttle or arrange alternative transport.

Note that ALL of this information and MORE will be going out tonight in an attendee "everything you wanted to know" email.
So probably the best option for Friday is to use the airport shuttle blue line right? Or was Bus 54 its name?
Quote from uselesshobo:
So probably the best option for Friday is to use the airport shuttle blue line right? Or was Bus 54 its name?

Check the metrotransit link in the email we sent out, or use Google Maps. Alternative you can book a Super Shuttle with others that might be arriving at the same time.