Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 <- 1 ... 14
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Hello All,

First Id like to introduce myself. I am "heart of a lion" although if people would like to call me by my handle "Lion" will suffice. I'm a 26 year old dude that lives in the chicagoland area. I've been enjoying your events for about a year and a half and finally decided to attend (and I plan on volunteering to be a tech). I know I am new around these parts, but I was looking at last years schedule and noticed that some of the less popular/less known games didnt have people scheduled for couch commentary. I would like to offer to be a couch commentator for any runner that would like one. If any runner is interested in this reach out to me and I would be happy to watch your runs and learn the ins and outs so I can speak to your various strats and methods during your run. I do have a full time job, but I am more than happy in my free time to learn some runs and provide commentary live so the runner can focus.

So if anyone is interested, just shoot me a PM and we can get the ball rolling. I am super excited to be part of such an awesome event!

-Lion
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
i have another question:

how are donation incentives added? can a runner propose one?
They'll make a thread
Edit history:
Roach788: 2015-05-18 12:20:08 pm
I have it set where I wouldn't be flying in until the 27th but schedule has my run on the 26th (crash bandicoot: Warped)

I'm just going to drop my run because of some family issues, and change of job it would be difficult to attend.

I will see all of you lovely people at the next  AGDQ!
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-05-20 04:15:13 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-05-20 04:14:40 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-05-20 04:14:24 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-05-20 04:14:16 pm
Hey. I hope this is the right place to mention this.
Regarding Freedom Planet, you've set the Estimate to 50 minutes. We are not going to be able to finish the game in that time. Could you change it please?
The Current WR is 41:21 but that's IGT. RTA in FP tends to be a little over 10m on top of that.
A more realistic RTA estimate (accounting for bad run) would be 55-60m.
I tend to average a little over 42m, with bad runs being ~44m(both IGT), so to make sure we get under, i'd say 56m RTA is about as far down as it can be pushed.
I need to cancel my half of the streets of rage 2 race
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
where does one have to post if they have to cancel their run?

i have to cancel the F-Zero GX run because i can't attend SGDQ anymore
the reason is that i was denied of the visa to enter USA because i didn't have a "regular" job. my explanations about the event didn't do anything and they rejected me because of no job.
there's not enough time to change that or to do anything else since i don't have any other resources.
i tried contacting people from the F-Zero community to seek a replacement but no one is attending this year. there was no way to find one in the end.

i PMed romscout a few days ago but he's probably too busy atm to read it so i figured it was best to post here.
I am canceling my run and attendance.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
For now this is the best place to post if you need to cancel.

We'll get to them shortly.
I won't be able to attend SGDQ anymore, sorry for any inconvenience this causes. 
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-07-13 08:48:52 pm
kirbymastah: 2015-07-13 08:09:00 pm
kirbymastah: 2015-07-13 08:07:57 pm
<(^_^)>
I've been having issues with my right hand for roughly a month after practicing Kirby: Canvas Curse, and while it's recovered a lot, it still hurts a little to play it. I feel that I won't have it well practiced by the time SGDQ comes around, so I'd like to drop running canvas curse from sgdq. Sorry for the inconvenience; I admittedly posted this really late, and held off on this decision for too long, in hopes that I'd be able to fully recover in time to get it well-practiced again but at this point it's better to drop it sooner than later.

(I'll still be able to run sonic advance; fortunately that doesn't require using my index/middle finger)
Quote from kirbymastah:
I've been having issues with my right hand for roughly a month after practicing Kirby: Canvas Curse, and while it's recovered a lot, it still hurts a little to play it. I feel that I won't have it well practiced by the time SGDQ comes around, so I'd like to drop running canvas curse from sgdq. Sorry for the inconvenience; I admittedly posted this really late, and held off on this decision for too long, in hopes that I'd be able to fully recover in time to get it well-practiced again but at this point it's better to drop it sooner than later.

(I'll still be able to run sonic advance; fortunately that doesn't require using my index/middle finger)

I'll put you in contact with halfcoordinated so he can teach you the ways of one-handed speedrunning.
<(^_^)>
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from kirbymastah:

I'll put you in contact with halfcoordinated so he can teach you the ways of one-handed speedrunning.

nah i need someone to teach me left-handed speedrunning
I have a question for following GDQS now that SGDQ is over. Is there an age requirement to run a game or does it not matter?
<(^_^)>
For running a game, no. But if you're below some age (I think 16?) you'll need parental consent to attend? Something along those lines.
Per GDQ, "Age Limit: You must be 16 or older to attend by yourself. Anyone under the age of 16 cannot register and must accompany a parent or legal guardian to the event.", which means you'll need your parent/guardian there with you for the event.

I believe if you are under the age of 13, you may not actually run since twitch technically doesn't let users under the age of 13 register. It's unclear.
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-08-05 02:48:36 pm
Quote from dangodofthunder:
Per GDQ, "Age Limit: You must be 16 or older to attend by yourself. Anyone under the age of 16 cannot register and must accompany a parent or legal guardian to the event.", which means you'll need your parent/guardian there with you for the event.

I believe if you are under the age of 13, you may not actually run since twitch technically doesn't let users under the age of 13 register. It's unclear.

You can still run if you're under 13.

Anyone UNDER 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who has registered. They will put your name down on their registration. Doesn't matter how old you are at that point, since that is considered parental consent. Of course, you'll be attending with said parent/guardian, and must be with them in the event areas.
Twitch TOS would be okay with someone too young to have an account be featured on GDQ? I wasn't sure, but probably worth knowing. I would take a wild guess and say it's a largely moot issue though.
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-08-05 03:05:27 pm
Cool Matty: 2015-08-05 03:05:12 pm
Twitch TOS would be okay with someone too young to have an account be featured on GDQ? I wasn't sure, but probably worth knowing. I would take a wild guess and say it's a largely moot issue though.

It wouldn't have anything to do with Twitch TOS. They're not making an account there. They have parental permission to be on stream via their parent's registration + waiver. That's all that's necessary.

That all said though, I don't think we've ever had someone that young submit a game (under 13). The website isn't currently set up to allow that.
<(^_^)>
Quote from Cool Matty:

It wouldn't have anything to do with Twitch TOS. They're not making an account there. They have parental permission to be on stream via their parent's registration + waiver. That's all that's necessary.

That all said though, I don't think we've ever had someone that young submit a game (under 13). The website isn't currently set up to allow that.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about kids under 13 wandering around events like this...
Not a walrus
Quote from kirbymastah:
Quote from Cool Matty:

I'm not sure how I'd feel about kids under 13 wandering around events like this...

It's fine, Essentia's kids are barely half that, or less. Wink
Hello I'd like to submit a game for SGDQ 2015. Is it too late to get in?
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Quote from kirbymastah:

It's fine, Essentia's kids are barely half that, or less. Wink

And the oldest "ran" a co-op game at SGDQ 2012 too. Tongue
Quote from your_name_here:
Hello I'd like to submit a game for SGDQ 2015. Is it too late to get in?

Ye gods no. SUBMIT AWAY.