Sad
<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Gamer and stitcher
I had a question about the new setup for prizes.  Does it mean that I will send the prize directly to the winner and if so, do I have to pay for shipping, which could be really expensive if overseas?
Gamer and stitcher
nm, I just read the opening post again.
This is my avatar
Hmmm, I have two questions regarding prizes:
- Is it possible to buy a prize on the internet and shipping it directly to him? Or is it better to take the prize home, until the marathon ends, then ship it to the winner?
- Is it possible to offer Steam gift prizes?

Because I'm willing to offer some prizes for GTA Vice City and eventually Spyro 2.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Linkinito:
Hmmm, I have two questions regarding prizes:
- Is it possible to buy a prize on the internet and shipping it directly to him? Or is it better to take the prize home, until the marathon ends, then ship it to the winner?
- Is it possible to offer Steam gift prizes?

Because I'm willing to offer some prizes for GTA Vice City and eventually Spyro 2.

1. You can have it shipped, but if you're getting something on sale, the timing will probably be wrong for that, so you're probably better off having it shipped to you then to them. It's gonna depend strictly on circumstance.
2. You can offer Steam gift prizes, but only if they're of decent value. Don't offer up some $5 game or the like. If you buy something on sale for $5 but it's worth like $20 or $30, that's a bit different.
i finished a rough draft of the marisa perler. it will be in the spoiler tag so it doesn't take up room.  I included the original sprite and a smaller version of the picture in 1.
I want to know what everyone thinks.  At the moment, I'm using an orange-ish brown for the outline of the arm and some of the skin on the face.  anyone have any suggestions on other colors that may be better for it or do you think it looks alright as it is now?
You may want to use a rust color for the under arm on the right of the photo, but otherwise it looks fantastic zekana
waifus are laifu
Just thought I'd show off my progress on the Secret of Evermore picture that I'm working on for a print Cheesy

http://kariohki.com/img/art/soe_youfeelstronger.jpg
Sea of Green
Sorry I've been quiet for so long; there's been a lot going on with my family so I haven't really been doing much for SDA. I'll update the first post sometime today.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
DecafGrub47393: 2013-05-24 04:24:40 pm
I will be working on my donation prizes.
Edit history:
zekana: 2013-06-12 12:47:09 am
zekana: 2013-06-12 12:44:53 am
zekana: 2013-06-12 12:44:38 am
Quote from Grystor:
You may want to use a rust color for the under arm on the right of the photo, but otherwise it looks fantastic zekana

god, took me a while to get back to this.  i just wanted to clarify, this is the color you mean right?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000-RUST-Perler-Beads-GREAT-KID-FUN-/370086556272?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item562ae0b270

also, im using orange for the outline for the left arm and some of the inside of the right arm.  do you think that's good or is there a color more suited to what is in the original sprite?
Yeah, thats the rust color I was talking about.  If you don't have it already, I think some sort of tan or light brown would also work, just something that looks kind of like her skin covered by a shadow.

Orange looks good for the outline. I can't really think of anything else that would fit that color to match the original better off the top of my head.
I'd like to donate a prize, but I'm a little confused on this question:

"Suggested Prize Goal *
What goal for this prize do you think is adequate? Do not include $, it is assumed US Dollars. We reserve the right to alter this."

Could this be clarified, please?
Sea of Green
It's how much you'd be willing to donate to try to win the prize. It's often far less than the amount the prize would actually cost. For example we often say "To enter for a chance to win this perler, you must donate at least $5 during this run". If you're really unsure, just leave the field blank and we'll come up with a suitable donation amount.
No pain, no gain
I don't like to be the guy to bring this up, but one of the users who promised several prizes (Decaf Grub) was actually banned a little while ago. It's a little uncertain if we can actually count on him donating now. Since we really don't have a good method of contacting him now, it's not really a good situation.
Edit history:
zekana: 2013-06-15 07:25:22 pm
hm, it will cost me about $5 to get the rust though that would be the only color i need and id rather not pay 5 just for 1 color i only need a little of.
Does anyone have rust colored Perler beads who would be willing to send them to me, either as a gift or as a trade.  I would need roughly 75.  i have a crap ton of peach and lavender and i can look to see if i have any colors you may need.  i figure sending some perler beads shouldn't even cost a $1
Rust, iirc, is included in the "Perler Beads Pet Mix Bead Bag (1000 Count)." It also includes a lot of black and white too, if you're short on those.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I haven't really been keeping track of this thread too well since I've been busy with a lot of stuff recently. I will be going through the prizes soon to sort through and see how to price them. A lot of the stuff is looking good so far!

I actually have a bunch of prizes to offer myself, since they've all been built up from previous gdqs. I'll take pictures likely sometime next week, if not this week.

Linkinto:

My answers are pretty similar to sir vg's

1. Yes, you can do that. Just be sure to print out or send a receipt to me so I can reimburse you.
2. Yeah if the game is worth at least 25 or 30 bucks then that's fine. I just don't want a deluge of 5-10 dollar titles like we had at AGDQ, because no one really cares about those.
Sea of Green
I deleted all of the banned user's prizes. The first post has been updated with all the submissions I've received, and, well... very, very few prizes have been submitted for this marathon overall. I know the form is for finished prizes only, but I am also a bit worried because so few people are posting their plans/ideas in this thread. (I know I am also guilty of not planning anything personally for this marathon, but I will try to remedy that. I have once again been ill and in the hospital so who knows what I'll be able to get done.)

Please, feel free to show off what you've purchased or made here in the thread as well as submitting through the form--or to show what you're working on, planning, etc. The first post does link to all pictures I've received and every prize we have so far is fantastic. Thank you all.
Fucking Weeaboo
I'm almost done with my chest, but got stopped after I got stuck trying to put on some decorative touches on the lid and haven't worked on it for a while. I seriously need to finish.
Highly Evolved
I sort of announced an EVO prize on my stream last night, but I'm not ready to say anything more here.  Will wait until completion.
Edit history:
Essentia: 2013-06-21 11:43:51 pm
Essentia: 2013-06-21 11:43:36 pm
Everything's better with Magitek
I've got about 10 prizes leftover from last year's SGDQ that were never claimed. However, most of them are for games that aren't on the schedule this year. Should I go ahead and submit them anyway?

Edit: I'll go ahead and list what prizes I've got.

On the schedule:
Sonic keychains
crocheted baby Link outfit

Not on the schedule:
VVVVVV magnet perlers
Castle Crashers perler
Ducktales Scrooge and treasure chest perlers
Contra Jimbo perler
Mecha Shatterhand perler
Cave Story Toroko perler
Startropics Zoda-z perler
CGDQ Mog picture (yeah, this is still around)
Not a walrus
Nobody claimed that baby link outfit?! I'm gonna have to get on that since my niece is due in October.
I still have plenty of time to make more perlers if anyone has any request, but I am also feeling pretty poor, so if I don't have the materials already, it could be problematic.....let me know....
Some of the works in progress:
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I haven't forgotten about posting prizes, but I've just been busy with other stuff (such as the beginning of AGDQ planning and real-life stuff like helping a friend move).

Essentia: I would just add the ones that are on the schedule.

Hoobastank: Those look awesome! Exactly what kind of art is that? (Yeah I'm art stupid)