Smiley
Sad
<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I could probably do some drawn art for prizes - for my own game and others' - I'm an okay artist if I put my mind to it (Ex). I need some time to get to it, though.
I know that the OP mentions avoiding doing digital downloads of games, if I could get in contact with Cactus / Dennaton I think that he'd be willing to drop some codes for downloads of Hotline Miami - guy's pretty chill.
I think I will be making some perlers for this event, but I haven't decided exactly what yet I want to make yet.  I need to do some sprite research before I decide, but my initial thoughts are that I would like to do some Castlevania or Megaman related perlers to start with.  I would also be open to suggestions on perlers that would be awesome to see in the marathon.

Brossentia, I would be willing to make the baby moses perler if you can find the sprite you want it to be and no one else is already on it.

And for a third thing, I was wondering what you all have planned for showcasing the prizes during the marathon this time around since they won't be onsite to be shown on stream.  If you haven't put anything in stone for that yet, I figured I would toss around an idea I had for it and see what everyone thinks of it.  For the prizes you could have a sub (second) stream showing a repeating slideshow of the current games prizes and possibly the prizes for the upcoming block as well being rotated through.

I feel like this might be an okay way to deal with the prizes since it makes it very easily accessible to the viewers.  The sub channel could be posted as a link and whenever people wanted to see prizes on demand.  Additionally the slideshows could be set up beforehand, making the transitions between prize blocks very manageable.  It could also be setup and handled by someone offsite, and end up reducing the stress of dealing with prize links and such for the people running stuff onsite.

Downside is that it could take a pretty hefty amount of time to set up, and would require a commitment to change the slideshow on a timely basis and possibly on the fly if prizes for bonus games needed to be slid in or something like that.

I think it would be neat to see, so I'm just tossing the idea into the ring.   
Edit history:
Brossentia: 2013-04-26 08:43:13 pm
No pain, no gain
I don't believe anyone is working on a Baby Moses perler yet. This is honestly the best picture I have gotten of that baby:

EDIT: I just realized that he looks very, very bald.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
DecafGrub47393: 2013-05-09 04:45:08 pm
DecafGrub47393: 2013-05-09 04:45:07 pm
DecafGrub47393: 2013-04-28 07:33:24 pm
DecafGrub47393: 2013-04-28 05:55:06 pm
DecafGrub47393: 2013-04-28 05:40:02 pm
DecafGrub47393: 2013-04-27 05:27:18 pm
DecafGrub47393: 2013-04-27 05:27:15 pm
DecafGrub47393: 2013-04-27 05:26:50 pm
I will be providing a PS1 Model SCPH-1001 as a prize for the Final Fantasy block. It will come with RPG Maker. Ironically, I paid more for RPG Maker than I paid for the console (which was $5). I provided the Pokémon LeafGreen/White bundle, the Wii/PS2 Superhero pack and SEGA Genesis 6-Pak as prizes.

EDIT: Going to submit the perlers I made.
Edit history:
Mercury.Com: 2013-04-28 01:57:10 am
Sea of Green
I marked you as anonymous in the first post because that's how you filled out the form. I can change the prizes to your name, but that's what "anonymous" is for. If you don't want to be promoted (i.e. you don't have a store or take commissions), but still want be listed as the giver of the prize, the answer to choose is "no" to the promoted question.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
DecafGrub47393: 2013-04-28 06:23:58 pm
DecafGrub47393: 2013-04-28 06:22:23 pm
Please delete this post.
Not a walrus
Quote from DecafGrub47393:
Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are now in a donation war. Return to Phantomile has been cut.

I have no idea what this post was intented to accomplish other than making yourself look like an asshole.

One more idiotic post from you and you're taking a break from the forums, perhaps permanently.
Fucking Weeaboo
Somebody needs to switch from Decaf to Regular. The lack of caffeine is making them grumpy.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
DecafGrub47393: 2013-04-28 06:22:40 pm
Quote from Sir VG:
Somebody needs to switch from Decaf to Regular. The lack of caffeine is making them grumpy.

That's my XBox Live gamertag name.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
DecafGrub47393: 2013-04-28 06:28:05 pm
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Quote from DecafGrub47393:
Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are now in a donation war. Return to Phantomile has been cut.

I have no idea what this post was intented to accomplish other than making yourself look like an asshole.

One more idiotic post from you and you're taking a break from the forums, perhaps permanently.

OK, I'll think before I post.
Fucking Weeaboo
Since it appears that Klonoa has been cut according to the spreadsheet, I'll probably withdraw the Humble Bundle prizes. The chest project I'll finish, since it's tied to Zelda in general, not one or the other 3D games (it's technically modeled after OOT chests, but whatever).
Quote from Sir VG:
Since it appears that Klonoa has been cut according to the spreadsheet, I'll probably withdraw the Humble Bundle prizes.

or you could put that prize into the "Grab Bag".
Edit history:
ShadowWraith: 2013-04-29 09:35:36 am
ShadowWraith: 2013-04-29 09:35:29 am
ShadowWraith: 2013-04-29 09:35:28 am
It's Me, I'm the REAL provider of PSX with RPG maker, 6-Pak, Pokémon prize pack and Superhero bundle. I created this account as a fresh restart under a new name.

ShadowWraith edit: Sigh. When you're given a posting vacation from the forums, that doesn't mean you should come back with a fresh account. If you do this again, I'm going to IP ban you permanently. This is your only warning.
1-Up!
DecafGrub, let me be explicit. You have been given a 1-week ban on your account for not doing as you were told (lurking more, posting less). Many of your posts are worthless. After the week is up and the ban is lifted, don't start posting right away. We all can tell you're excited about this community but you're quickly getting on everybody's nerves.

Even if you post from a different account we can still see who you are. If you ever do it again we will ban you in such a way that will prevent you from ever posting here again.
http://www.postables.net/stuff/CarrieCastlevania64_prelim_small.jpg

I've mostly finished with the Carrie picture for Castlevania 64. My only planned alterations will be to add a bit more lighting detail, especially to Carrie and the skeleton (skelley doesn't have any discernible teeth). Aside from that, pretty much done. I guess 80%. Anyway, posting to show what I have and see what people think, if there are any thoughts. I should point out that Carrie is wearing her Legacy of Darkness costume, primarily since her CV64 costumes are ghastly. I don't believe it's too drastic a deviation since it's technically canon, though it won't actually be seen, in the run.
Edit history:
zekana: 2013-05-01 11:21:53 am
I'm thinking of making a Marisa Perler for Super Marisa world.  most likely this:

The perler would be about 9X6 1/2 inches so im wondering about how much should I expect the shipping to cost?  i know you guys said we'd be reimbursed but im wondering how much I should set aside for the time being in terms of shipping costs.
Quote from Grystor:
I think I will be making some perlers for this event, but I haven't decided exactly what yet I want to make yet.  I need to do some sprite research before I decide, but my initial thoughts are that I would like to do some Castlevania or Megaman related perlers to start with.  I would also be open to suggestions on perlers that would be awesome to see in the marathon.

if you're still looking for perler ideas, Rosenkreuzstilette has some pretty good looking sprite work, though they'd probably be very big.  it is a megaman style game as well.  http://rks.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sprites
Gamer and stitcher
I'm donating another cross stitch (only one this marathon because of a wedding project for a cousin) for the Zelda block. 
<(^_^)>
^ epic win
Artsy Fartsy
I want to make a few poster prints for the marathon. Any game suggestions to work on? I'm thinking like 2 or 3.
Artsy Fartsy
Sorry about the double post, but I wanted to toss up one of my poster sketches to get some feedback before I finished it for printing.

Attachment:
So, I'm pretty much finished with the projects I had on my plate for now.  I would be open to any ideas or requests for 1 more smallish project or bundle of perlers for the marathon.

I did a bundle for megaman, which will hopefully get approved, and the baby moses perler for Brossentia, also pending approval, so I would prefer to do something for another block or section of the marathon instead of more of the same.

I prefer working with things that have 8 or 16 bit graphics, and would rather make something for a game that is actually being played in the marathon or as an incentive.
I know it sounds like a lot of requirements, but I don't really have anything jumping out at me that I want to make, so something someone else wants to see as a prize seems like a good idea to me :-)

Either drop a message in here or send me a PM on here if you have something you want to see made.

Thanks,
Grystor
Also Zekana, as far as shipping for a perler, it obviously depends on where you are shipping from and to.  It is going to be a lot more for international shipping, which is definitely a possibility.
If I were looking at a perler that size, I don't think it would cost more then 20-25 US dollars for me to ship anywhere in the world, non-priority.  25 being on the extreme high end of what I would expect.
Artsy Fartsy
Finished the poster a day or two ago, just waiting on approval. If the first one get's approved, I'll start drafting up ideas for the next few.
I'm going to actually submit my FrankerZ N64 controller this time!
Edit history:
shotgunninja: 2013-05-16 02:47:03 am
Howdy!